• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon XY PC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Another Region:ORAS are planed as a dlc but maybe back tracking would be nice
Controls:Will be configurable WASD,Arrows heck the numpad maybe
What's ORAS? Sorry for the noob question (if it is one, don't know lol)

Will every key be configurable? I've been playing a slightly similar game (based on XY as well, I believe) but the keys are stacked based on just 3 keys and the movement controls, so the B button (default is X key, along with like 5 other keys that do the exact same thing) not only closes (most) dialogue boxes, but also opens the menu. Not sure if this is just me, or if it's a common thing, but when healing Pokemon at a Pokemon Center, I use the A key (usually Z in emulators, for me) to advance up to and hit "Yes" to heal, and then use the B key (again, usually X in emulators) to finish out, so I don't talk to the NPC again. Spamming the key after healing usually leads me to open the menu because of the keymap sharing the B key with the open menu function.

Just a little annoyance to me. I guess the real question is this: Will the key map be based on the game itself, emulators, or a true "Custom" key map?

PS: Is ORAS something to do with Pokemon XY? If so, never mind my first question.
PPS: Nevermind isn't a word? Never knew that. Auto-spell check is showing that it's an error. I guess I should have known it though.
PPPS: Yes, I'm weird. But doing this saves me from editing or adding additional paragraphs that are completely off topic.

EDIT: "Shopping link added by SkimWords" is that part of the forum? I was looking through my add-ons and my plug-ins but I couldn't find anything related to SkimWords. If it's a forum plug-in, then that's fine, but if not then I need to find a way to remove it. Quite annoying lol.

Last edited:

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
What's ORAS? Sorry for the noob question (if it is one, don't know lol)

Will every key be configurable? I've been playing a slightly similar game (based on XY as well, I believe) but the keys are stacked based on just 3 keys and the movement controls, so the B button (default is X key, along with like 5 other keys that do the exact same thing) not only closes (most) dialogue boxes, but also opens the menu. Not sure if this is just me, or if it's a common thing, but when healing Pokemon at a Pokemon Center, I use the A key (usually Z in emulators, for me) to advance up to and hit "Yes" to heal, and then use the B key (again, usually X in emulators) to finish out, so I don't talk to the NPC again. Spamming the key after healing usually leads me to open the menu because of the keymap sharing the B key with the open menu function.

Just a little annoyance to me. I guess the real question is this: Will the key map be based on the game itself, emulators, or a true "Custom" key map?

PS: Is ORAS something to do with Pokemon XY? If so, never mind my first question.
PPS: Nevermind isn't a word? Never knew that. Auto-spell check is showing that it's an error. I guess I should have known it though.
PPPS: Yes, I'm weird. But doing this saves me from editing or adding additional paragraphs that are completely off topic.

EDIT: "Shopping link added by SkimWords" is that part of the forum? I was looking through my add-ons and my plug-ins but I couldn't find anything related to SkimWords. If it's a forum plug-in, then that's fine, but if not then I need to find a way to remove it. Quite annoying lol.
How configurable the keys. HOW CONFIGURABLE ARE THE KEYS!? ..................... Very might even include some gamepad support just because i like them. (Got to love the dramitic build up XD)
and ORAS is short for Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire.

Bliss

Years
How configurable the keys. HOW CONFIGURABLE ARE THE KEYS!? ..................... Very might even include some gamepad support just because i like them. (Got to love the dramitic build up XD)
and ORAS is short for Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire.
LOL

Thanks for the explanations :)

ORAS.. Why not just call them RS+ or something? (This is a rhetorical question, aimed more so at Pokemon and Gamefreak than anyone here) ORAS makes me think of some crazy experiment of a web browser... Don't ask...

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, or OR and AS for short ;) They won't be called RS+ since we plan for the player to follow to ORAS storyline.

Q: What about the levels?
A: You won't be able to use you Kalos team until after the 8th gym of Hoenn, this because I don't want the levels to be extremely low.

And why would we call it RS+? What if ORAS has got a few storyline changes? We won't call it RS+. We could've called XY PC just XY+ then ;)

Anyways... PEOPLE! Thanks for your support untill now! :D

Bliss

Years
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, or OR and AS for short ;) They won't be called RS+ since we plan for the player to follow to ORAS storyline.

Q: What about the levels?
A: You won't be able to use you Kalos team until after the 8th gym of Hoenn, this because I don't want the levels to be extremely low.

And why would we call it RS+? What if ORAS has got a few storyline changes? We won't call it RS+. We could've called XY PC just XY+ then ;)

Anyways... PEOPLE! Thanks for your support untill now! :D
Response to underlined text: I meant why didn't Game Freak use the acronym RS+ when they released the games. Pretty sure I made that clear in my earlier post..

Also, this story begins in Hoenn? I was under the impression that it begins in Kalos and THEN moves to Hoenn.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
might even include some gamepad support just because i like them. (Got to love the dramitic build up XD)

This made my friggen day. I'm a pc gamer because it's easier and cheaper (thank you steam) and I love my 360 controller. Finally a Pokemon experience with quality controls (Not hating on handhelds I love em to death just saying we need more console pokemon).

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Response to underlined text: I meant why didn't Game Freak use the acronym RS+ when they released the games. Pretty sure I made that clear in my earlier post..

Also, this story begins in Hoenn? I was under the impression that it begins in Kalos and THEN moves to Hoenn.

No no no xD The story doesn't begin in Hoenn, the DLC will begin in Hoenn though :P Your impression was right ;)

As for why gamefreak didn't use RS+ for a name:
symbols3ia.png

The team aqua and magma logo's resemble the alpha and omega symbols ;) And let's not forget that Primal Kyogre has got one of those two on his fins.

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
No no no xD The story doesn't begin in Hoenn, the DLC will begin in Hoenn though :P Your impression was right ;)

As for why gamefreak didn't use RS+ for a name:
-image deleted to save space-
The team aqua and magma logo's resemble the alpha and omega symbols ;) And let's not forget that Primal Kyogre has got one of those two on his fins.
Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining that. Still, ORAS is a bit much.. RBG, GSC, RS, FRLG, HGSS, BW, B2W2, XY, and ORAS... it seems like they keep getting more complex then they give us a break.. then they throw even more complex acronyms at us. Annoying to type them up lol.

Primal Kyogre... Kyogre was by far my favorite Pokemon from Hoenn. By the time I got him/it to 80, I could solo the E4 with him/it. Makes me wonder how much stronger Primal Kyogre is.. And how much stronger the E4 is!

Too bad ORAS are on the 3DS :/ Doubt I'll ever get one.

That leads me to wonder.. will we see Primal Kyogre in XY PC?

Bliss

Years
No! We will add an OR/AS DLC but we won't give you Primal Kyogre xD

Nah, kidding. Primal Kyogre will be added in the DLC ;)
Haha, and also will we be able to complete the OR/AS Pokedex within the DLC? I hate having to choose just one starter. (Even though the Gen 3 starters are among my least favorite starters...)

EDIT: Also, about your signature... There is a random CENTER tag down in the bottom left corner.. Was this intentional?

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
About the signature thing... it wasn't intentional at first, but then I thought about it being quite funny.

And you'll probably be able to complete the Hoenn dex, I mean, you can get one of the hoenn starters with their mega stone in Santalune forest depending on which Kalos starter you chose.

Santalune forest hoenn starter:
Fennekin: Treecko
Chespin: Mudkip
Froakie: Torchic

And you'll be abe to trade, so it'll probably work out ;)

Bliss

Years
About the signature thing... it wasn't intentional at first, but then I thought about it being quite funny.

And you'll probably be able to complete the Hoenn dex, I mean, you can get one of the hoenn starters with their mega stone in Santalune forest depending on which Kalos starter you chose.

Santalune forest hoenn starter:
Fennekin: Treecko
Chespin: Mudkip
Froakie: Torchic

And you'll be abe to trade, so it'll probably work out ;)
I had already decided to get Fennekin, since Vulpix is also a Fire Fox, and to make it even better, Treecko (specifically, Grovile) is my favorite of the Hoenn starters!

Wewt, double win!

And for the signature, thanks for explaining. I did think it was a bit funny, though it also annoyed me (because I'm learning HTML and having a tag that isn't closed can break the entire document..)

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
So what are youe plans for beta testing? I'm willing to if you ever need me. Or, if you need somebody to help develop some extra side quests I can always give my input.

I couldn't remember if I posted in here before or not and I'm on my tablet so I didn't feel like checking. XD

Bliss

Years
So what are youe plans for beta testing? I'm willing to if you ever need me. Or, if you need somebody to help develop some extra side quests I can always give my input.
I second this!

If you have need of a Beta tester I'd be more than happy to help out!

And I've always got ideas for side quests, though nearly every one will need a bit of polish to make it usable, I'd happily share my ideas with you!

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
First of all, this isn't a hack, second of all, we're making a completely new engine so who knows ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back