• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I really believer they will let us customize.

Perhaps they will let us choose different clothes attires that were previously seen in the older games. Like the different hats and vests, as well as colors. I hope so.

Years
Spoiler:

GUYS.
IT'S PROBABLE

This GIF will explain why he has no glasses xD

http://i.minus.com/iT8O04ANBJDeH.gif

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd love an implementation like this~!

They can also have like, downloadable content to where you can get accessories, clothing, different shades of colors... or maybe better yet, they can have cameo wear, like May's bandanna, or Blue's Spiky Hair, orrrrr Red's hat?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Being able to customize your own character really does sound like an excellent idea. I noticed in the trailer that there were some differences with the characters in some way, perhaps the clothing and shoes will be content that you'll be able to send though StreetPass.

Pretty much most of us noticed that the male character was using rollerblades, maybe they might be part of the customization of your character's shoes? That would be so cool. x3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't utilize this really, haha. I think the girl looks cute the way she is. The boy just needs a complete redesign though. He looks...a tad familiar. :P

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
That'd be cool especially since he looks like Hilbert with the colors, I'd dress him up with a black beret, black shirt, blue/black pants, black dress shoes, make him look like me xD I wear black too much, plus I want a beret if I'm going to explore what looks like France xD

LapLace1500

I just ride....
Years
Having customization for the protagonists would actually be very nice. I'm ok with how the female protagonist looks like already, she's really cute, but having more customization options like clothing would make the game a lot more fun. I don't know how but yeah :D

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I need this. I can't deal with either character I'm extremely disappointed. Like the guy is wearing a blue jacket on jeans, block colors, eww!

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Kayla and I were talking about this the other day...

Usually when we see some sort of supposed hint in a trailer that could lead to something we want, in which the case here is Customization. The trailer shows the male trainer looking into a mirror, this gives people the poor misconception it means we will have customization, but that may or may not be the case, we can't use this one thing to say that we may have customization, I mean don't get me wrong, but i hope this means we get customization, but I doubt it...

Years
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but in the rope-swinging part of the trailer, you can see (if you look at the spot where the character jumps from) floating glasses.
While this may be a glitch, it does seem to show that the glasses and character are separate models so to speak; therefore possibly indicating that customisation is possible.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I'm only hoping for outfit customization rather than a customization of the protagonist's appearance, because there's a chance that Gen VI's protagonist, possibly the female trainer, will appear in the next Smash Bros. title to co-exist with Red and represent Gen VI with his default appearance rather than a random physical appearance. Sakurai wouldn't want to use a customizable character with no canon appearance. So I sincerely hope that this protagonist's appearance is his canon appearance.

What could be done is you start with default clothes, which can be considered the "canon" appearance. And then as you go through the game you can acquire more pieces of clothing to customize your character with. And heck, they could even just make it so that, later on, you could change the color scheme of the clothes.

So, that said, I would love to see customization, even if it's simple as just changing the color scheme or if they let you acquire more articles of clothing and whatnot. And, like people said, the mirror seems like it could be hinting toward such, so I hope that's the case!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
IMO, the opportunity for player customization has been long overdue. xD
I was thinking of something like Battle Revolution's customization (skin color and stuff like that), and as you adventure, you can get/buy more things to dress your character up with, and there would be "special" clothing (like what you get for beating Colosseum masters in PBR) you can get from maybe Gym Leaders or certain characters. The Pokemon Centers could also have a "changing room" where you put things on.

Online, it would use these appearances, instead of an NPC Trainer sprite like that of the past games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What if they involved this with whatever new minigame they have - you can dress up your Pokemon as well as yourself and compete to win :3

Back