• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Ascent: De Draconis Bellum [M]

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Thank you, oh great Xifler, now I can post my SU without getting told off by moderators...
Name:Zane Berrinion Tybalt
Appearence:Pretty much like the image, except the armour is a sleek black. He wears light armour, so he sacrifices bulk and protection, for speed and agility. Which he has in abundance.
Spoiler:

Home town: Zane grew up in a moderately sized town called Rothlem. Rothlem is located just south-west of Aduna. Rothlem is surrounded be a wall that is policed very well, as a result, the crime rate is relatively low. The town has a fair mix of bright and dim colours, making for a vast and varied land scape. For the most part the residents are very old school and have grown up on the ideals of loyalty and honour, because of this, their ideas on gender roles, religion and combat haven't modernised much. Despite this they are quite tolerant and accepting, when outliers grow within their community(Within reason).
"Til' the day my blade blunts, I will fight for those who fight for me."-The motto of Rothlem
10 years prior to the current time, there was a great seige on a small neighbouring town called Seryll. Seryll is located south-east of Rothlem and was known for its good wines, elixers and potions. In other words it was known less for it's combat skills and more for its alchemy. The disputes between the two towns stem from an argument by monarchs of the past, however the rivalry was still alive and well many years after. After a few small wars, Rothlem wage a full scale warin which Seryll accepted. The seige eventually ended that war.
Reason for joining FOH:His father is a warrior, his uncle is a warrior, and his grandfather was a warrior before them. The only thing in his family more hereditary than being a warrior is raising pets. (Though they aren't beast tamers.)
Class:Knight-Wields a single straight sword, which he has become accustom to using. He is very adept at using speed to his advantage and improvising. A shield would only slow him down.
Likes:Fighting-He has grown up on the idea of being a great warrior. So far he seems to be achieving that. Plus he enjoys it
Taverns-One of the many ways he undermines his father. Whores, alcohol, gambling...you name it he's probably done it. He's only human.
Nature-Anything that denotes freedom really. He finds waterfalls especially fascinating though.
Dislikes:Crime-He's been brought up on honour and justice. It's no surprise that he prefers fairness.
Guns-Though his own style isn't exactly considered conventional. He doesn't like the speed at which a gun can end a fight. This links back to his love of fighting.
Night beasts-Vampires, werewolves etc. Does he really need a reason?
Personality:Zane is naturally very light hearted and tries to make a joke of everything. However he is very intelligent and knows when it is time to be serious. Having such a stern and serious father, Zane often finds himself testing his fathers patience, something he enjoys actually. His mother competitive nature shows in his love for fighting; though many who know them say that the trait comes from his father. Another trait he gets from his mother is his nurturing and sympathetic way of handling his younger siblings, as he is often seen looking after and teaching them. Though his father does not share these methods, he has a special soft spot for his daughter. Which Zane is prone to mocking both of them for.
Though he is not one to admit it Zane like to watch his enemies suffer. There is no TV in Nobillis, the only place to see gore, blood, and violence-is on the battlefield.
History: During the seige of Seryll, Zane was 11 years old. Despite this his father decided to take him to the final stretch of the war. At this point the men of Rothlem were killing off the civilians of Seryll. Zane took part in the slaughter. Along with those who were in Seryll on those final few days, Zane returned a hero. Few actually know what happened during the siege.
As a result Zane joined the army at just 14 years old. Becoming the youngest to join any 'legal' army in Nobillis. He carries this reputation even now, seven years later. Especially when he runs errands for his father, who is now the lord of Rothlem. He often runs important messages between Rothlem and Regalia.
Zane is often mocked in Rothlem for having trained with Nomads, who are laughed at for using funny looking swords and being 'stupid enough to use their fists in combat. This training though is what forged Zane's effective hybrid of the two styles.
Quote:"When you stare at the sun for so long, I guess you see what you wanna see, just not much more after that."-Zane Tybalt, explaining his experience in the the great siege to his brother.
Other:I think I'm gonna focus on the relationship between the siblings for the most part. I've got fun ideas for a dynamic between the trio. The younger brother was originally going to be who I wanted to RP, since I had a good idea for a story for him. His story kind of needs him not be a compitent character to start with so I deided to RP Zane instead.
Code:Nobillis Draconis

Back