• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: First hack you've ever played?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
If you mean Pokemon hacks, then my first one was Vega, when we did the 24h charity stream, in 2012.

If you mean in general, Sonic 2 Long Version back in mid 2009.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
I think mine is Pokemon Blue Sea, i didn't remember much about it. Because it was a long a time since i played it. But i do remember that i catch Gen 3 three starters and some of the words are in spanish.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
My first Pokemon hack was probably Naranja, and this was before I knew anything about rom hacking. The game was brilliant, but I always wanted to play it in English, which I guess they have a translation now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
The first hack I played was emulated on my phone. I think it was called Pokemon... Marble?

TeamRocket_Giovanni

Team Rocket Leader
Years
The first hack I've ever played.. I'd have to say TRE. The Team Rocket Edition for GBC was incredible and seemed as if it was still incomplete from there I expanded my little searching into love founded for the unique stories and sprites!

FSBS

Defunct
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2019
Omega Fire Red, about three months ago. I only recently rediscovered the joy of pokemon via emulation and Dabomstew's randomizer. Then Liquid Crystal, and then Naranja, Light Platinum, a couple GBC difficulty hacks... and here I am, planning out my own project.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
First Pokemon hack I ever played would be either Dark Rising(First one) or Flora Sky. At the time I didn't even know pokemon hacks was fun and actually existed. After that I started downloading other pokemon hacks

Years
My first hack was a english version of Pokemon Green Version all I could do was get the parcel and I had evolved my charmander and when I went to oak he asked if i wanted him to check my pokedex.

Last edited:
Years
Shiny Gold was the first hack I played. I remember how awestruck and excited I was to find out that you could actually do that much stuff to a Pokemon game. I first found out about it from Youtube videos.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
The first hack I ever played was Advanced Adventure. I never got to finish it, since I hit a glitch......... But after that game....I went searching for more hacks............... And found a few good ones! :D

Years
Hmmm.... I think it's a tie between Flora Sky and one of the earlier versions of Glazed. I can't really remember which was first because I downloaded and played them at the same time lol. I didn't finish either one, though I do have plans to revisit Glazed sometime after I finish Sweet Version.

AppleCode

AppleCode
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
The first Rom Hack that I ever played was Pokemon Ash Gray. I discovered it on YouTube when I was trying to figure out how to download roms and get them to work on my computer. About a a year after that, I decided that recording myself playing these hacks and posting them to YouTube might be fun. Now, I applaud myself for finding out what Ash Gray was because it led me to my hobby of making YouTube videos :) Thank you Rom Hacks!!

Years
My very first hack was Shiny Gold. Somehow, around 7 years ago, one of my friends had an actual cartridge of the game and he lent it to me. Needless to say, I was hooked. I remember going to Gamestop once and asking if they had Shiny Gold, poor guy didn't know what I was talking about. Then one day I learned about pokemon hacks and since then, I've been hooked. And here I am now, many years later, relating my experience with my first hack :')

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
Thinking back I believe my first rom hack I played was Pokemon Flora sky after having seen Munching Orange play it on his Youtube channel.
A great game it was.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
My first rom was pokemon storm silver, I did a nuzlocke in it and lost to falkner

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I think mine was Liquid Crystal, I never had much interest in them until my boyfriend showed me how to put a GBC/GBA emulator on my PSP along with hacks and all of that, so I gave it a shot and really enjoyed the difficulty. Ofc my PSP somehow erased my save file when I reached Azalea Town so I haven't bothered with it since then, but... yeah.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
The first rom hack I ever played was Pokemon Quartz and I fell in love with rom hacks since.

Phasesaber

Software Engineer turned Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Chaos Black, the man, the myth, the legend. It was my first hack, and I was royally mislead about the quality of ROM Hacks, but I loved it anyways. It was so interesting to see new Pokemon in the same game that I'd played for years. My mind was completely blown away when I found out that people make brand new Pokemon games for fun.

Back