• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I imagine the flying type would look like Shaymin and altaria mixed with eevee...

As for the second (if we get two)I'll like it to be Dragon.
Though all the eeveelutions have a theme, Kanto's are the water-fire-lightning trio (well electric), Johto's night-day, and Sinnoh's are spring versus winter (or life versus death...or warmth versus cold). Ghost and Normal might be the next representing the after life and this life plus they don't affect one another.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All that I hope is that they're not as slow as D/P. I like to be able to blitz through battles if I want to.

That kind of reminds me of surfing in D/P. I hope surfing in these games is muuuch faster. :3

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Platinum at least was much faster so I don't think it'll go back to Diamond and Pearl slowness.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Normally the first two versions come with their glitches and faults. If it isn't the speed in surfing, it's bound to be something else so they can improve on it in whatever version they decide to release next.

I don't think surfing speed would change much from B/W, but thats just me. Could you possibly get any faster than that? o:
One word. Jets.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
One word. Jets.

Jets omg. That'd be an awesome way to travel through water, it'd be really fast, look badass and could make the surfing routes awesome - also what if everyone had different ways of swimming, depending on the type of water??

Years
Maybe they could make it so that the surfing speed depends on the pokemon, like for example if one rides Swampert it goes at "jet" speed as according to one of it's dex entries it's that fast, now if one rides Lapras one get's a nice view of the region.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So some stuff from CoroCoro.
corocoro2130.jpg

And this is unconfirmed.
ninfiath.jpg

Said to be an Eeveelution.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Incorporating speeds into it could be interesting! I mean with so many different types of Pokemon, it could make your surfing slave more important than ever before. :)

@ Vapor: We're discussing it in the CoroCoro thread!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want to get Pokemon in the sky too.
Aaand when it comes to swimming I can't help but think if our protagonist swims it'll look quite weird - even weirder than any of the other characters swimming. ;(

Years
The player would have to change into their swimsuits if they were too swim...if they just swam in their normal clothes it'll seem like an even bigger disbelief than say them going around in the snow wearing a skirt.
Also as I said in the corocoro trend perhaps they could introduce the sky travel as a new method of evolution like for Ninfia (if it's flying). Oh the possiblities if true.

Pokefanmaster101

Pokemon Fan 1
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2013
Does anyone feel that they have put too much into their first 3D generation of Pokemon? I don't think I'm ready to loose the 2D sprites just yet.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Does anyone feel that they have put too much into their first 3D generation of Pokemon? I don't think I'm ready to loose the 2D sprites just yet.

In a way, B/W kind of lead into it with some 3D aspects really. I mean it was inevitable we'd have to lose our 2D sprites eventually :( And now just happens to be that time!

blue

gucci
Years
I wanted RS Remakes in 2D Sprites tbh ;; but it was going it happen sioner or later. Im just hoping they can pull it off in full blown 3D.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Transitions from 2-D to 3-D seems to be a theme for video games now-a-days. For instance, Phoenix Wright is definitely getting a change from 2-D to 3-D. So now is pokemon. There's no surprise at all; I'm actually looking forward to the bright new world of pokemon that 3-d axis technology can bring us~!

Guy

just a guy
Years
The transition from 2D to 3D has been building since Diamond and Pearl. Now that we're finally moving onto the 3D platform, it only makes sense to go all out in my opinion. While it will definitely take some adjusting to, I wouldn't want anything less.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, I knew 3D models of Pokémon was going to come eventually. Just from speculating Generation VI from way back before Black Version 2 and White Version 2, I could just feel that it would've taken too long to make RS remakes if they did it after Black Version 2 and White Version 2. And we knew that the developers would eventually stop developing new games in late 2012.

If they left out Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 and developed the remakes of R/S, then it would've fitted just as much as Black Version 2 and White Version 2 did, but they wouldn't have been able to make the sequels to Black and White otherwise.

But just thinking about the 3D interface... we could already see it had evolved in Generation V with the sprites and the 3D battle map. But as for the maps for towns and routes and stuff evolved in Generation IV. So yeah, I could very much tell that Generation VI would've provided something much more close to Pokémon Colosseum in regards to models.

As for Ninfeon, I'm thinking it could be Light-type... 'cause if you think about it, Light-type if it was introduced could mean two things: 1. Brightness. or 2. Weight.

blue

gucci
Years
It was inevitable, it's just when something like this does happen many people find it hard to move from 2D to 3D with it being such a big jump. I'm sure by the time the games are released everyone will be thinking omg this is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back