• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
The ??? type, for some inexplicable reason, is behaving like the Flying type defensively, but offensively it's still completely neutral like it should be. I tried counteracting this with type matchup entries and they are being completely ignored. I can only assume this bug has to do with Roost, which temporarily turns Flying types into ???-types. But it's also turning ??? types into Flying types!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
G3HS won't load a patched ROM. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong:
1. downloaded a clean firered rom (u) squirrels. [also tried 2 other dumps]
2. applied 1.5a to it using Lunar IPS
3. downloaded g3hs, replaced pokeroms ini with one from 1.5a
4. ran g3HS, on "Open Rom"-ing the patched rom, I get the following message:

"At rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown rom id..."

EDIT: Looked back at this thread and I'm not the first person this is happening to, oops, but couldn't find a solution, should I just wait for 1.6/the next update?

EDIT2: this fix works, my bad. Please do fix the INI in the next patch tho, also thanks for your amazing work!

Had the same error that you had and tried to fix it...
After I changed it to [0000] this message appeared when opening G3HS:

(I can't post links right now so you have to add the missing "h" at the start of the link ;)
ttp://i.imgur.com/11DeUpL.png

Did I do something wrong?

Years
Had the same error that you had and tried to fix it...
After I changed it to [0000] this message appeared when opening G3HS:

(I can't post links right now so you have to add the missing "h" at the start of the link ;)
ttp://i.imgur.com/11DeUpL.png

Did I do something wrong?

Open your patched rom in a hex editor and go to line FFFFFE. Make sure the two last bytes are 00 00. If they're not, change them to 00 00. Also make sure you're using Fire Red 1.0 and proper G3H3 depending on your system.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Open your patched rom in a hex editor and go to line FFFFFE. Make sure the two last bytes are 00 00. If they're not, change them to 00 00. Also make sure you're using Fire Red 1.0 and proper G3H3 depending on your system.

Last two bytes were 00 01 and I changed it to 00 00 - still doesn't work...
I got the right version of G3HS but where do I check the version of my FireRed Rom?

Years
Last two bytes were 00 01 and I changed it to 00 00 - still doesn't work...
I got the right version of G3HS but where do I check the version of my FireRed Rom?

At the start, when the intro is playing you'll see a shooting star or something similar and logo of Gamefreak. If it says on the screen: "Gamefreak presents" then you've got the wrong version, if it says just Gamefreak it's the 1.0

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
At the start, when the intro is playing you'll see a shooting star or something similar and logo of Gamefreak. If it says on the screen: "Gamefreak presents" then you've got the wrong version, if it says just Gamefreak it's the 1.0

It does say "Gamefreak presents" so I got the wrong one I suppose - I didn't even know FireRed has multiple versions...
Does it matter if it's FireRed(E) or FireRed(U)?
Is FireRed(U) the 1.0 and FireRed(E) the wrong one or is it just for the country?

EDIT: I tried with Pokemon FireRed(U) without the "presents" at the beginning and it works perfectly fine for G3HS
Thanks for your help :)

Years
Hello... I found a new problem.. Patch's okat and it works perfectly well with G3T and Gen 3 hack suite... I want to open my rom in PGE to edit the cries and footprints but PGE does not load and says there's an error... I replaced PGE ini already.. please help THANKS :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Sorry to drive in for an off-topic post. Whether it is or not, well, let's move on.

People come here often post reports problems mostly on PGE. Yeah! You should need to change MrDS into BPRE, or vice versa. But, the reason why is this: Some people couldn't be able to know if the version of PGE is NEW or OLD. The difference of the NEW or OLD are these:

• The new one is no longer having its offsets with "&H" between the equal sign and the digits.
  • The new one doesn't have any programs appeared in the external programs while the old one displays VBA-Link, XSE, and something like those. When you open the new one, the first tab you will see should be internal programs.
  • The new one has fixed cries for Gen III (and Expanded) Pokemon.

There are much more but I only stated which are related with the rombase. I believe that the old one still exists by now and it can be anywhere around the internet.

Anyway, the roms.ini of PGE in the .zip file uses the old one. For those who are using the new one, I have rewritten the new one's .ini. Just go to the dropbox link below to download it and replace it to the current .ini of your new version of PGE. It should now load properly on the new one. I didn't plan to make a tag for MrDS in the .ini because the new one still recognize if the game loaded is a Pokemon game or not. Nevertheless, after this patch is installed, it is still BPRE in the rom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzj1gqendsi4216/roms.ini?dl=0

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2019
So how is the Emerald patch coming? I don't mean to sound impatient, just curious. I'm super hype for this!

Have you considered updating it to the new hoenn pokedex (Gallade, Froslass, Chinling, etc.)?

Last edited:

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
It seems that Storm drain also absorbs the user's water attacks.

Btw, I'm planning to repoint the ability (the reckless, sheer force, etc.). Is it safe torepoint (by looking for the reverse hex + 08 and put it on free space) and expand it? it seems that a registered move takes up 2 bytes and ends the table with FE FE. was my assumption correct?

Years
Did it by hand with HxD, think you know about it, but whatever.
Badges are written BOULDERBadge, CASCADEBadge, VOLCANOBadge, etc. Decapping them should be even faster for you then it was for me.

What is the breeding problem I heard about your Rombase, MrDS?
Also, in that ability thread, you mentioned you are not doing Aerilate, Refrigerate and Pixilate. But I didn't get why... Are they too hard?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
It seems that Storm drain also absorbs the user's water attacks.

Btw, I'm planning to repoint the ability (the reckless, sheer force, etc.). Is it safe torepoint (by looking for the reverse hex + 08 and put it on free space) and expand it? it seems that a registered move takes up 2 bytes and ends the table with FE FE. was my assumption correct?

It ends in FE FE FF FF I believe, though I may have just changed it to FE FE, I can entirely remember, but yeah that's right.

Badges are written BOULDERBadge, CASCADEBadge, VOLCANOBadge, etc. Decapping them should be even faster for you then it was for me.

Also, in that ability thread, you mentioned you are not doing Aerilate, Refrigerate and Pixilate. But I didn't get why... Are they too hard?

Cool thanks I'll remmber that.

I am doing them I just didn't want them done in the way Kleenex had done them at the time.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021

the "ilate" abilities are working

Years
It ends in FE FE FF FF I believe, though I may have just changed it to FE FE, I can entirely remember, but yeah that's right.
Cool thanks I'll remmber that.
I am doing them I just didn't want them done in the way Kleenex had done them at the time.

Can you share the code, man?
I actually want the same abilities, but for different types (and a little variation for the Poison-type).

the "ilate" abilities are working

Can you point me the codes for these abilities?

EDIT:
Just got to the Four Island, and after getting my egg, the game repeatedly froze when talking to the old lady and trying to take back my Pokémon (well, I found the glitch). Is there anything I can do about it, MrDollSteak?
Checked FBI's post. Just need to change the old lady script with a brand new from a clean ROM? That's all that fuss solution?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
Can you share the code, man?
I actually want the same abilities, but for different types (and a little variation for the Poison-type).

Can you point me the codes for these abilities?

EDIT:
Just got to the Four Island, and after getting my egg, the game repeatedly froze when talking to the old lady and trying to take back my Pokémon (well, I found the glitch). Is there anything I can do about it, MrDollSteak?
Checked FBI's post. Just need to change the old lady script with a brand new from a clean ROM? That's all that fuss solution?
check the abilities resource thread

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
Hello, I love this rombase. However, I'm having a serious problem with it. I haven't touched the ROM yet, have patched the .ips, have changed the .ini in G3HS to make it the one in the downloaded files. To my delight, G3HS opens!...and then fails when I try to see bulbasaur's moves learned.
Every single move becomes \x. What is the problem, and the solution?
Thanks for any help!

The issue seems to only be with the moves and types, which is what the rombase is supposed to change.

EDIT: Saw a post on the last page, in PokeRoms.ini I changed [MrDs] to [0000]. (After restarting the whole process). G3hs came up with a NEW error message:
Tried to get move #475. Only 3-- moves. (Not the exact words, said 3 hundred something, can't remember what).
How can I fix this?
Thanks for any help again!

Last edited:
Years
Hello, I love this rombase. However, I'm having a serious problem with it. I haven't touched the ROM yet, have patched the .ips, have changed the .ini in G3HS to make it the one in the downloaded files. To my delight, G3HS opens!...and then fails when I try to see bulbasaur's moves learned.
Every single move becomes \x. What is the problem, and the solution?
Thanks for any help!

The issue seems to only be with the moves and types, which is what the rombase is supposed to change.

EDIT: Saw a post on the last page, in PokeRoms.ini I changed [MrDs] to [0000]. (After restarting the whole process). G3hs came up with a NEW error message:
Tried to get move #475. Only 3-- moves. (Not the exact words, said 3 hundred something, can't remember what).
How can I fix this?
Thanks for any help again!

Change the .ini to read 511 moves (I think that's the number). Change it manually, if it's not changed already somewhere in the .ini file.

Back