• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing tiles in Gameboy ROMs

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Editing tiles in Gameboy ROMs - Now with zipped TPL file

This a a basic Tile Layer Pro tutorial for all those budding RBGY/GSC ROM hackers appearing recently.

I have attached the tutorial as a PDF file.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Yes!!! Another tool for Gold! Please make more people!

Uhh...the link in the guide isn't right...it didn't work for me! Can you please fix it?

Last edited:

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Yes!!! Another tool for Gold! Please make more people!

Uhh...the link in the guide isn't right...it didn't work for me! Can you please fix it?

Huh? Tile Layer Pro has been out for ages... and it can be used for hacking uncompressed graphics contained in many games.
The palette file you are looking for is here (uploaded on Pokecommunity by Cartmic earlier).
Make sure you change the file extension to .TPL instead of .TXT!

Anyway, this tutorial is great for people wanting to hack some graphics, great job!

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Sorry to Bump the topic, Thankyou for providing this though.
Now how do you change TXT to TPL?

If Windows isn't showing the .txt extension, then go to Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View>Hidden files and folders, then click on 'Show hidden files and folders', click apply, then ok, now head back to Pokemon.TXT and right click>rename, and edit the .TXT to .TPL

Hope that helps :D

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
If Windows isn't showing the .txt extension, then go to Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View>Hidden files and folders, then click on 'Show hidden files and folders', click apply, then ok
That's not it. You want to uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types," which is right below that.

Back