• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Funny/Unusual Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I always name bulbasaur in all caps RAFFLESIA because it is a huge flower that smells like a rotting body and venusaur has a rafflesia on his back.

Interesting fact : Rafflesia is the French name of Vileplume.

So personnally I would think of another Pokémon altogether if I see your bulbasaur. :)

Also, I just received a zigzagoon named F***********K, I think his trainer was having a bad day, or something.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Interesting names huh? What would border on inappropriate in a thread like this? Because one very interesting nickname I've seen on the GTS is a Vivillon named cumdumster...yeah...On a lighter note I also found one named Pinkie Pie!

Years
I got a Tentacool earlier today named TentaFOOL (from another trainer named Brendan, no less). Don't know if it was just because the last part was capitalized, but I laughed at it way longer than I should have.

Reactions: Sun

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
I was wonder trading away loads of Fennekins I'd bred and when a certain pokemon popped up on my end I laughed so hard...

I recieved a Cubone, named "No Mom" XD

I know I'm evil for laughing, but it totally caught me off guard :D

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I once got a female Skiddo on Wonder Trade nicknamed Billie Piper. I thought the name was cute, and then I found out that it's actually the name of an actress ^_^

I tend to nickname all my Pokemon, and for this generation, I'm going with a French theme. Miette the Greninja, Chantilly the Lapras, Baudelaire the Inkay, Marengo the Dragalge, Armand and Marguerite the male and female Meowstic, and a few more. My favorite is Fournier the Talonflame; it's a French surname that means baker and it's also the name of a French motor glider.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I nickname almost everything I have, here is the list:

Froakie's Bro the shiny poliwhirl

Hypnotoad the other shiny poliwhirl

Red Lobster the shiny clawitzer

Blastwa the French blastoise

Slayer the slyveon

zabuzza the greininja

LUCHAMUCHA! the hawlucha

po the pangoro

blood sucker the noivern

Robin the talonflame

Gooey the goodra

pixel the vivillion

that is all of them I have for now.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I caught an eevee with a good nature for a jolteon(hasty) so I used a thunderstone and I decided to put a funny name so I did "GAAAAAAAAAY" I wonder how the person reacted. What if jolteon was their favorite pokemon? :P

BTW, I like jolteon, I did that name for fun.

Years
my absolute FAVORITE nickname that i've seen so far was an espurr nicknamed "my braaand"
a reference to this contact commercial, jsyk

tumblr_mvcmz4zWQc1rtngq9o1_500.jpg

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
Most of the Pokemon I get via WT or GTS have been given JP characters, and since I can't read JP I don't get to know their names.

However, one non-JP Pokemon I received was given an inappropriate name which I thought was just hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back