• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Oh of course the new Pope will be continuing the church orthodoxy. It took the church a thousand years to reach Vatican II and even now there's been a slight reaction to go back to previous traditions. A monolithic organization with a huge history tends to change at a glacial pace.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I've had this set for a few days now, getting close to a record for me I think.

Should my next one be my MAL one?
Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

It's nice. <3

Yeah, if my predictions are correct Ichigo is actually Naruto. At the end of the last chapter (it's in a flashback right now) Edward Zangetsuhands
Spoiler:

shows up. Have a feeling Ichimum is going to have to seal it within herself and through science Ichigo will be born a Super Saiyan Quincy Hollow Soul Reaper Fullbrinnger human.

So yes, the only obvious likeness will be the fact that he's always had some monster sealed inside him giving him power levels but whatever.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

All of the big SJ manga have their problems but for the most part they are fun. I think a lot of the hate for them is from autists that can't watch anything more than a 12 episode series without getting bored or the 2mature4u folk that only watch edgy seinen (if it had rape and blood it means it's good right?).

Also anything that picks up a vocal fanbase will pick up an equally vocal, if not louder hatebase. Most of those people don't even follow the series so I tend not to listen to them.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I've found that a lot of people don't like various SJ pieces due to filler, being drawn out, weak, generic, or annoying characters, predictability, and length. Those are mostly the reasons I don't do Naruto and Bleach anymore (not One Piece, though; Oda does very well when it comes to developing likable characters and touching stories filled with unpredictability), as well as a few others (of course, not all of them fall prey to this; a lot of them don't).

I'd never dislike something simply because it's long, though I prefer them to be shorter than they usually are. My ideal length for a Shonen is Yu Yu Hakusho length (well, its 24, but I have zero problem watching an anime/reading a manga as good as YYH for as long as it ran), and I really wish Bleach/Naruto/One Piece/others would end- not because they're bad, just because I feel an ending could only benefit them...unless it were rushed.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Naruto and Bleach are both pretty close to ending but I don't see how having One Piece end soon would do it any good. It's pretty clear that Oda knows what he's doing.

Naruto has always had a linear story telling style and we've known from very early on that it will end once Ninja Jesus saves the ninja world from hatred. I guess you just dropped this one due to it being drawn out, fair enough.

Bleach, I never want it to end. It has pretty bad story telling, don't care for a good % of the characters, powering up with a group of wacky dudes every 100 chapters isn't creative but it has the Kubo factor. He is an enigma. I guess I should give credit where credit is due, the latest arc is starting to answer some questions, if it had ended when Aizen was "beaten" I would have been underwhelmed.

As far as 200+ chapter shounen series I like those three a lot more than other titles I've followed anyway. The likes of Fairy Tail and Katekyo Hitman Reborn really are bad.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I dropped Naruto because I didn't like the characters and it was too predictable, not so much because of the length...though I guess that did play a factor. I do like the story, though, but because of the characters, especially Naruto (mainly Naruto).

Bleach...I just lost interest. I don't think it's bad, and I don't even not like it. It's nothing against the show, though.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
8. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is a bit of a letdown... All the recurring characters have the exact same moves as the previous parts -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back