• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Kitty'll eat you :o
Years
Just a little update on progress:

I've decided that the game is going to take place in Kanto. My mapping skills aren't really as good as they could be, and it's probably a good idea to have the game take place somewhere people all know. There will be some changes made to the locations, of course.

I think players won't be able to choose which town they start the game in. I like the idea of the game randomly choosing a starting town for them, and letting them make there way from there. The only place to get a starter Pok?mon will be from Professor Oak in Pallet Town, and the only place to get a job as a Pok?mon Centre nurse will be in Saffron City. I think this makes the game a little more challenging for players, rather than guiding them through everything at the start like the GBA games do.

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks goes out to all the people who have signed up so, far!

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Robbie said:
Just a little update on progress:

I've decided that the game is going to take place in Kanto. My mapping skills aren't really as good as they could be, and it's probably a good idea to have the game take place somewhere people all know. There will be some changes made to the locations, of course.

I think players won't be able to choose which town they start the game in. I like the idea of the game randomly choosing a starting town for them, and letting them make there way from there. The only place to get a starter Pok?mon will be from Professor Oak in Pallet Town, and the only place to get a job as a Pok?mon Centre nurse will be in Saffron City. I think this makes the game a little more challenging for players, rather than guiding them through everything at the start like the GBA games do.

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks goes out to all the people who have signed up so, far!

Theres a problem with this.
What if they don't start at pallet town, yet that's the only place to get your first pokemon. You then risk getting attacked by pokemon when you have no pokemon of your own.

Worse yet would be starting off at Cinnibar. You'd have no way off the island, since you'd have no pokemon to surf on.

Robbie

Kitty'll eat you :o
Years
The SS Anne will go to several other places, including Cinnabar Island. All players will need to do would be raise enough money to purchase a ticket.

As for getting attacked by wild Pok?mon - Pok?mon will only attack you if you have a Pok?mon of your own. Unrealistic as it may be, it's the only way I can see to make it work. Of course, I may decide to have everyone start at Pallet Town. It's not fully decided yet.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
mabye you could buy a rattata or a pidgey off someone to start you off
then go to professer oaks to get a real starter
because then you can experience the battle

and another question

in gameboy games when you travel more into the reijon the pokemon are stronger

like in falishea city( i dont know the spelling )
the pokemon around there would be about level 20 or something
is that in your game?

Imagine starting off there .....:dead:

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Valid point there, DarkDoom, that could cause problems!
Hope he can work this out.

Years
I love the idea of this game so far. Nothing negative about it comes to mind. I really think you should go with the 'No-battle-unless-you-have-a-pokemon' idea. Are you going to make it so you can choose not to have any pokemon with you?(store all of them in a box) if so, you'll have to make it so you can't get to certain places without a pokemon. I apologize if this has already been said. I didn't read all the 86 posts.

Years
I've signed up already, this game looks really good so far! ^.^

Regardless of where you start, if you need to get your pokemon from Pallet, and you can't be attacked without a pokemon, then it'd be just like starting from Pallet, so it shouldn't matter what level the pokemon of the gym leaders in the city you start in are, right? Sorry if someone already said that, but yeah XD Looks really really good!! Can't wait for it to come out!!

Kendoman

Avalanche Dude!
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2007
Hey, this is one of the coolest games I've seen on PokeCommunity! I hope you get it finished.

Years
Hmm, looks pretty promising... an' ta tell ya tha truth my puny little broken ticker called tha brain can't possibly comprehend WHAT would happen if a MMORPG pkmn game would be released. Lol, I'd play that 20 hours a day. Well my main concern will be how well tha connection will go, but if that turns out fine tha game will probably hit harder than anything Nintendo has made! W00t! ^_^

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
*registers* dude u inspired me to make an mmorpg of my own..great job so far..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back