• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2010
Alright, I'm beginning to play through this game and I must say I'm impressed. With the gameplay obviously, but mostly for all of the custom music that was created for it. As a Music Technology student I often focus on the soundtrack of certain media and I'm very overawed with this one.

One question though, is there a list somewhere of the change of evolution methods, if they even exist? Because I want to raise a Politoed but have no idea how I would go about evolving Poliwhirl.

i think you just give it the kings rock and it evolves.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
It will be in eventually just wait till MasterMindX figures out how to add it!
Maybe in beta 3 or 4 or even in the final release! along with pokegear, phone,radio,day-care OWs & extended OWs table, pokedex with Johto map,changed intro, my titlescreen (hopefully :D) bugfixes all legendaries and maybe more!

I finished the Bag screen! Can someone please tell Zeikku? and comment about my bag screen if you like it! (its the attached file)

And Can you overwrite the Frames on the menu? If you can can you overwrite the 1rst one for this one : (it´s the attached file again )

I also made an idea for silver´s textbox please comment and tell Zeikku about it!

All right I'll answer and comment in order, Extended OW table will be in the next beta, I can do the pokedex with the johto map.
radio and phone maybe..eventually.. I'll change the intro.
I'll make a decent titlescreen don't worry, i think yours looks a little too plain :P no offense.
Bug fixes will happen and legendary events will be done.

The bag screen is ok, but looks a little tacky I don't like the colors... again no offense. I think the whole bag is one image so what you did would not work in a real rom. So i'd have to personally work with what skill and color limits I have. I can change that menu frame.

The rom doesn't allow a specific text box for a person e.g..
There's only one textbox. And that is orange.

Also I started changing fonts
font.png
font4.png

font3.png
font2.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
the font is actually a bit hard to read. it's too blocky.

but the pokemon center and other tiles posted a little bit back are some of the best i've seen.

PikachuMan

Pikachu Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Hey, dunno if anyone else has posted this...

liquidcrystal03.png

Bugsy's tree overlaps the trainer sprite. Just thought I'd post it :3

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
That looks so awesome Zeikku!
Now make mine :P
xD I don't like the new fonts though. You should change those.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
thanks, i think i'll keep the fonts in for this beta, because i can always change it when i wish :P but glad you like the title, i was trying to gather ideas for one all day :P

I'll do yours soon, i have some tile requests

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
All right I'll answer and comment in order, Extended OW table will be in the next beta, I can do the pokedex with the johto map.
radio and phone maybe..eventually.. I'll change the intro.
I'll make a decent titlescreen don't worry, i think yours looks a little too plain :P no offense.
Bug fixes will happen and legendary events will be done.

The bag screen is ok, but looks a little tacky I don't like the colors... again no offense. I think the whole bag is one image so what you did would not work in a real rom. So i'd have to personally work with what skill and color limits I have. I can change that menu frame.

The rom doesn't allow a specific text box for a person e.g..
There's only one textbox. And that is orange.

Also I started changing fonts
font.png
font4.png

font3.png
font2.png

umm, OK so my menu frame will be in? and don´t worry about my screens (I personally think they are bad and need to be fixed ;) ) but what I wanted was to help by suggesting ideas and about the radio, did you read my suggestion about using the TV card? because it could work and the other thing I wanted to know is if LaZ will put my minigame for beta 3 and if you could change frames, if you can then i´m thinking of doing a alph ruins frame. also the big pokecenters should be used only in the big citiess to add realism and in the orange islands too.

Also you didn´t answer why did you remove the Bug contests and if you can add them to a certian weather

Years
Wow not bad! I've heard of this hack before but I never researched into it. I was playing Shiny Gold and since I've finished that I figured I'd look for another hack, but wow this hack has so much going for it already and so many great ideas!

In any case, I'm gonna play through and yeah.

Great hack again!
-Krobelus

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
you know you guys can stop working on this now since Nintendo announced that they're remaking Gold and Silver so it will kinda make your hack useless no offense just what alot of people are thinking now

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
you know you guys can stop working on this now since Nintendo announced that they're remaking Gold and Silver so it will kinda make your hack useless no offense just what alot of people are thinking now

A lot of people don't think that. You don't speak for other people, in my opinion.
Just because Nintendo are making a Gold/ Silver remake what's to say that it'll actually be good? For all we know they could slaughter it. Diamond/ Pearl and Platinum were not great games in my opinion. From what I've seen of "Heart Gold" and "Soul Silver" is the same as what I hated in diamond. Really bright awkward palettes, and I majorly dislike Nintendo's Remake of the New Bark music. Truth is, Magnius farts better melodies..

There is a point to all of this, The fact we've been working on this for just over 2 years and we'll finish before Nintendo, and have a game on the orange islands..as well as have better music that won't make people go deaf and "pure" graphical changes, that won't blind the player. Liquid Crystal captures the heart of what fans love. It already appeals to many people. Remember a hack called Shiny Gold ;), well as popular as that is, some people are starting to think Liquid Crystal is better. Although we don't mean to be competing, we consider EVERY Remake competition, even Nintendo's remake, so you can be sure that the final release of Liquid Crystal will put the official remake though it's paces. As far as we know there isn't going to be a crystal remake yet. so yeah.. it's worth it and therefor not useless.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2009
I just found out about this hack and I was wondering how much of it was done, can I go to all the towns in Kanto?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I just found out about this hack and I was wondering how much of it was done, can I go to all the towns in Kanto?

Kanto is Complete. and a bit of the orange islands (one gym) is done too.
this beta is the complete remake, the next one after this will have all of the orange islands.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2009
Alright thank you very much, btw this is by far one of the best hacks I've seen.

I have another question; How can I catch the other starter pokemon from R&S and FR&LG?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back