• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
all challenges discussed, but not created.

shiny challenge
use only shinies, have to catch them legit

combined challenges
2 or more challenges combined

moveset challenges (made, but expired)
others choose the moveset

metronome challenge
metronome only (any pokemon with hacks fine)

pc claims
use whatever you've claimed on PC.

Gender ratio challenge
use only the exclusive gender. no 50/50, only 75/25, use male, or 0/100 use female.

weak run.
pokemon must have total base stats below 300 or 400

height or weight.
use pokemon with about the same height or weight.

sins
pokemon based on 7 sins

senses
pokemon based on the 5 senses

mythological creatures
pokemon based on mythological creatures

random moveset
use hacks to get a random moveset on a random pokemon

themed triplets
use triplets, like electabuzz, Magmar, and jynx

contests
use same contest type moves only

moveset
must learn newest move over oldest move

split game
play all three gen games at once, no same pokemon

restriction.
every 2nd or 3rd pokemon in the pokedex is restricted

interactive challenge
your challenge is modified by the OP.

stock market
have a team, get points based off qualifications, and trade for more points

no items
required items only. (no rods too)

youre an idiot
never have a type advantage.

6 letters
think of a 6 letter word, then use the first letter for a pokemon with the same 1st letter, the 2nd letter for a pokemon with the same second letter, and so on.

deja vu
use same parallels of pokemon in each generation (starter, vendor trash, bird vendor trash, pseudo legendary)

underleveled
no grinding. period.

Please bring scramble challenges back! they were so much fun. Others assign you a pokemon, with specific guidelines, so you had a Treecko, cannot use Mega or giga Drain, must know pound and quick attack, and a Lombre, cannot use super effective moves.

Also I just got an idea for a little cup challenge. You can breed egg moves onto your pokemon, but use only those egg moves, no level up moves or tms or hms. also no evolution.

woo i did it. hope this helps.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
all challenges discussed, but not created.

shiny challenge
use only shinies, have to catch them legit

combined challenges
2 or more challenges combined

moveset challenges (made, but expired)
others choose the moveset

metronome challenge
metronome only (any pokemon with hacks fine)

pc claims
use whatever you've claimed on PC.

Gender ratio challenge
use only the exclusive gender. no 50/50, only 75/25, use male, or 0/100 use female.

weak run.
pokemon must have total base stats below 300 or 400

height or weight.
use pokemon with about the same height or weight.

sins
pokemon based on 7 sins

senses
pokemon based on the 5 senses

mythological creatures
pokemon based on mythological creatures

random moveset
use hacks to get a random moveset on a random pokemon

themed triplets
use triplets, like electabuzz, Magmar, and jynx

contests
use same contest type moves only

moveset
must learn newest move over oldest move

split game
play all three gen games at once, no same pokemon

restriction.
every 2nd or 3rd pokemon in the pokedex is restricted

interactive challenge
your challenge is modified by the OP.

stock market
have a team, get points based off qualifications, and trade for more points

no items
required items only. (no rods too)

youre an idiot
never have a type advantage.

6 letters
think of a 6 letter word, then use the first letter for a pokemon with the same 1st letter, the 2nd letter for a pokemon with the same second letter, and so on.

deja vu
use same parallels of pokemon in each generation (starter, vendor trash, bird vendor trash, pseudo legendary)

underleveled
no grinding. period.

Please bring scramble challenges back! they were so much fun. Others assign you a pokemon, with specific guidelines, so you had a Treecko, cannot use Mega or giga Drain, must know pound and quick attack, and a Lombre, cannot use super effective moves.

Also I just got an idea for a little cup challenge. You can breed egg moves onto your pokemon, but use only those egg moves, no level up moves or tms or hms. also no evolution.

woo i did it. hope this helps.
some of those are FAIL but others are quite nice, my challenge heres a spoiler relating to this quote:

It will have a Stock-Market type thing

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
myrrhman agreed to do all of them, so...

also, can i take a brief moment to advertise my challenge, 1 pokemon 1 gym? its actually quite fun. really tough, especially when you catch a pokemon with a disadvantage on the next gym. and lots of grinding too. worth it, though, it makes gyms feel like an achievement.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
myyrhman and I may host the stock market challenge eventually, but I'm helping him with alpha fan and we're trying to get a relay run going, stock market will be fun, but I've got to work out all the kinks.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
myyrhman and I may host the stock market challenge eventually, but I'm helping him with alpha fan and we're trying to get a relay run going, stock market will be fun, but I've got to work out all the kinks.
Just did the alpha fan, sorry XD, you guys help me with it i guess?

Just submitted the challenge, first two posters on it get to be the gods!

Anyways, I like the restricted challenge. If somebody could host it (who doesn't already have a million things) that would be awesome, I think that would be a busy challenge!

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^well I'm hosting Nuzlocke, and may co-host the SML and Relay Race but I'll see if I can fit in in lol

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I've already made an Underleveled thread.
For the Deja Vu one, I need to think of the lists of Pokemon. It's gonna take while, just grilling the Pokedex and seeing which ones match.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I've already made an Underleveled thread.
For the Deja Vu one, I need to think of the lists of Pokemon. It's gonna take while, just grilling the Pokedex and seeing which ones match.
I would potentially help you with this. But as you can see, so many challenges.

In other news, I finally made it out of Rock Tunnel with my Electric Team (Pikachu). Gyms fell fast after that, and I caught an Electabuzz, Voltorb, and Magnemite (and Zapdos the Fly Slave). This means I should be done with the challenge soon! Also I finally have a move that does neutral damage to Rock/Ground types (Electabuzz's Psychic).

Also, Thank you Dragon. Your challenge is accepted. Grabbing laptop now to start on... Metronome Challenge/Weak Run, which will also satisfy the Combined Challenge.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
btw myrhhman- what you were saying about my non evolving challenge, I saw one for FR and LG but I didn't see one for anything else. Even so, mine hasn't been posted on in a while, it might even be at the very back by now...

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Well, myrrh, my list is quite done. I need to sort out Trio Legends, Pseudo Legends and other stuff.

But I could use some help ! :-D

Okay... Here are some new Underleveled rules :

2. Do not rematch trainers. That includes E4 rematches, Red rematches, Joey Rematches, etc.

3. Knocking out a wild Pokemon due to a crit. won't count. But if it happens too often, I might suspect some lying from you. ._.

4. DO NOT LIE. Levels can be easily seen when not battling against wild Pokemon, so don't try grinding then lying you didn't, okay ? (:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
btw myrhhman- what you were saying about my non evolving challenge, I saw one for FR and LG but I didn't see one for anything else. Even so, mine hasn't been posted on in a while, it might even be at the very back by now...
I think I saw a non evolving challenge here once, when I was creating this sig-chart thing. I don't know whose it was though. But I still beat a challenge without evolving, so there it is.

Everlark

[ w h i t e ]
Years
It's Syd. Don't be alarmed. lol

2. Do not rematch trainers. That includes E4 rematches, Red rematches, Joey Rematches, etc.

3. Knocking out a wild Pokemon due to a crit. won't count. But if it happens too often, I might suspect some lying from you. ._.

4. DO NOT LIE. Levels can be easily seen when not battling against wild Pokemon, so don't try grinding then lying you didn't, okay ? (:

Just add them to the first post then. :) But what if they spam hit crit-ratio moves like Slash? 8D

Joey rematches made me lol, ngl.

Just submitted the challenge, first two posters on it get to be the gods!

That challenge still doesn't make any sense, you know. I just don't see a lot of people wanting to participate in that behemoth of a challenge. Plus, idr you even saying what game it was for. My memory could just be poor though.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Syd ! WTH ?? >>
Well, yes, I added it. Just as I guessed, mondays suck is onto it already. Oh well !...
Well, this isn't Nuzlocke. You can die and have repeated attempts if it crits. you to death.
I already died twice in my Brown Underleveled.. <_<

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to discuss my progress on my challenges here. I'm doing the Combined/Metronome/Weak Challenge, and just beat Brock on Red, and I am doing a WallaceGym/WallaceE4/Blue Monocolor on Ruby. It is going much better, and I am done with the first four gyms. Daddy is hard.

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
There should be an alphabet challenge. Only use pokémon from the letter of your choice. Users picking X would have to use a team full of Xatus and Unown X.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
It's Syd. Don't be alarmed. lol

Just add them to the first post then. :) But what if they spam hit crit-ratio moves like Slash? 8D

Joey rematches made me lol, ngl.

That challenge still doesn't make any sense, you know. I just don't see a lot of people wanting to participate in that behemoth of a challenge. Plus, idr you even saying what game it was for. My memory could just be poor though.
Yay u used your alt!!!

Anyways, its for all games, didn't you read that you had to go through all regions?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
You know? One thing I really like about challenges is that they encourage you to do things you've never done before.
For instance, I've never raised Chansey or Clefairy, but I used one in Kanto and I WILL catch a Chansey in Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back