• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

300,000 User Milestone! - Celebration Ideas?

Years
Why don't we have a party thread where we post pass the parcels and the mods give us a cool avatar! I want a flying pineapple please. LOL or we could all write our favourite mod... mine would be megainium90 sorry everyone else and soz meganium for spelling your name wrong.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't know if I'd be for a celebration which totally revolves around the mods like that since it's mods and members which got us this far (we definitely haven't had 300,000 mods lol), and also it'd leave ex-staff out completely. I'd rather something community-centred, if anything at all.

The story telling thing mentioned above is a nice idea. Nothing too over-the-top and flashy. A small-scale Get Together would be alright too but, while this is a cool milestone, I don't see it as a major enough event to warrant its whole fully blown GT. Idk. I'll have a think and come back later.

droomph

weeb
Years
So has there been any advancements in the pahtying?

Anyways bsad12 congrats! I hope you join us in our celebrations sometime soon :D

Darn I knew something was off :c

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
Years
I like the idea of story telling from all members, I would have soooo many to tell, just imagine what others would have to tell, I would like to know others stories of how they found PC and what their experiences were when they 1st started and now!!

Perhaps to go toward something like a tPC Time Capsule of sorts?

tbh I have no idea how to celebrate such a special event. I'm liking the idea of sharing our top ten moments here on PC though. And I'm looking forward to this year's Get Together, although also not too sure on how to make it better than previous.

Although, I was thinking about this for a few days now before mentioning it here, (it might sound cheesy and all that, and perhaps some may dislike it) but what if we were to have a community-wide collage of out irl photos. Similar to the emblem wall, we'd have to make our photo's a certain size, no as small but large enough to see them, but not too large either. But I think in a way, this sort of unites us omg this sounds so soopy. ;o and exemplifies that although we come from all across the world we're one solid unit. Plus perhaps in like 5 years time, we can look back and see ourselves aha. <3

Just an idea.

Hmm, maybe an image that's made out of user photos and turned into something else like a pokeball collage or something like that? For an idea of what I mean maybe google 'photo collage maker'.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
YAY, I'm User #103385 of the 300,000! (if my profile's URL address counts for anything. XD)

It's great that the PokeCommunity Forums has come so far during these past 10 years... I'm glad that I've managed to be a part of these forums' rich history (when I have spare time to do so, that is >.<), and I wish that we can work to foster further growth and that PokeCommunity prospers for many more years to come. :)

Um...the only thing I thought of that could be done to celebrate is that someone/a group of active users on here could do something similar to what Jagex (developers of the game RuneScape) did when RuneScape's YouTube channel amassed 100,000 subscriptions from YouTube users.

Many users submitted clips (most of which were short in length, usually a few seconds long) stating to some effect that they were "one of the 100,000 [subscribers] and did many variants of the statement through a variety of videos. Maybe a thread could be started to pool together PokeCommunity members who would like to do something similar here?

YAY, I'm User #103385 of the 300,000! (if my profile's URL address counts for anything. XD)

It's great that the PokeCommunity Forums has come so far during these past 10 years... I'm glad that I've managed to be a part of these forums' rich history (when I have spare time to do so, that is >.<), and I wish that we can work to foster further growth and that PokeCommunity prospers for many more years to come. :)

Um...the only thing I thought of that could be done to celebrate is that someone/a group of active users on here could do something similar to what Jagex (developers of the game RuneScape) did when RuneScape's YouTube channel amassed 100,000 subscriptions from YouTube users in November 2011. Many users submitted clips stating to some effect that they were "one of the 100,000 [subscribers] and did many variants of the statement through a variety of videos. Maybe a thread could be started to pool together PokeCommunity members who would like to do something similar?

Last edited:

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
Years
Um...the only thing I thought of that could be done to celebrate is that someone/a group of active users on here could do something similar to what Jagex (developers of the game RuneScape) did when RuneScape's YouTube channel amassed 100,000 subscriptions from YouTube users.

Many users submitted clips (most of which were short in length, usually a few seconds long) stating to some effect that they were "one of the 100,000 [subscribers] and did many variants of the statement through a variety of videos. Maybe a thread could be started to pool together PokeCommunity members who would like to do something similar here?

You know I haven't heard of that before. I think that's actually a pretty nifty idea. I suspect there's a large portion of users who won't have access to a webcam, but still it would be really cool to see even just a few hundred. Maybe something like "My name is John and I'm PokeCommunity user 132,294! What I like most about... etc etc" or some similar variations. Whatever each user wants, but with some common theme like what you said originally. Might be neat to even play on the diversity of the community and highlight some of the different nationalities by also encouraging video submissions by those who speak another language which would be subtitled in English for the viewers. It may be surprising how many different languages we actually get.

Being something where youtube is used in part I think is nice since that helps guarantee the life of those videos while also not creating any impact to tPC's servers if the idea were to instead host them locally.

What are the thoughts of others on this particular idea as one of the things we could do for 10yr/300k?

Last edited:
Years
I'm user #260196 of the 300,000!

I remember first coming here... March 19, 2011.

I was such a noob, I had no personality, no humor, no social experience, no forum experience and I often slipped up. My avatars and signatures also had no creativity whatsoever. I also couldn't find my specialty section easily.

After serving a 2-week suspension, I made a comeback, celebrated my 19th birthday, made 2,000+ friends, putting more creativity into my avatars/signatures, won myself two categories in the 2011 Member Of The Year poll despite being a first-timer, customized my profile to the abundance of blue you are now seeing, introducing my Oshawott mascot, finding my talent for memes, trivia and humor, still without a Supporter status, brightening up Other/Pokemon Trivia and in March 2012 my anniversary.

I am sure much more experienced than I ever was back then, and my next goal is to open a blog when I reach the magic 5,000 post mark... and man I'm getting closer.

I will forever immerse myself in the 10th Anniversary celebrations, and we will still be looking for a better slogan.

I went from someone with no creativity and humor to the funny, intelligent Hikari I am now.

Hikari is so glad to be part of this community since I have no IRL friends who even play Pokemon.

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Wow, PC has changed since I got here. When I first visited PC, believe it or not, I was one of those people who ask questions on hacks on PC to get answers and vanish which ironically, I hate now. I was sooo noobish when I was asking answers on how to get in a part of the story in Snakewood.... Haha... And if my memory serves me right, the default theme of PC then was Route 167+, I think. Now, I'm a Supporter, won 2 contests, an IRC chatter, and back then, a Pokemon Clubs frequent visitor, Pokemon Trivia visitor, ROM Hack player, RPer, and recently, an Other Clubs visitor, and an avid fan of Pokemon, thanks to PC. And now, I congratulate PC for reaching 300,000 members! Kudos to you, PC!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
You know I haven't heard of that before. I think that's actually a pretty nifty idea. I suspect there's a large portion of users who won't have access to a webcam, but still it would be really cool to see even just a few hundred. Maybe something like "My name is John and I'm PokeCommunity user 132,294! What I like most about... etc etc" or some similar variations. Whatever each user wants, but with some common theme like what you said originally. Might be neat to even play on the diversity of the community and highlight some of the different nationalities by also encouraging video submissions by those who speak another language which would be subtitled in English for the viewers. It may be surprising how many different languages we actually get.

Being something where youtube is used in part I think is nice since that helps guarantee the life of those videos while also not creating any impact to tPC's servers if the idea were to instead host them locally.

What are the thoughts of others on this particular idea as one of the things we could do for 10yr/300k?

I really like this idea! It's similar to mine, being that each members makes a small contribution to create a larger tribute, but in video form. I, also haven't seen anything like this and I think it's a brilliant idea.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so Went and I just decided that we're going to do like a look back at PC over the last 5 years (because we can't get screenshots back from any further) of like things in between and every major event/change/interesting thing, since then, and we're going to make an album of it AND THEN we will release it on PC anniversary celebrations for y'all to see. n_n But for that we kind of need screenshots throughout the last few years and earlier than 2007 if possible from anyone because it'll really help us. We haven't really planned that much ahead other than it'll be on some online hosting thing for everyone to see lmao.

So ya, that's what we're gunna do. I figured cause it's relevant to this "celebrations" idea, it'd be the place to mention it and if y'all have stuff to contribute let us know!!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Dedicated thread where each user would post a short history of how they came to be a part of tPC, and if it has affected their lives in some way, how.

Man.. this would be nice. A history about the time at PC.. talk about all the members we love. All the members who shaped us.
I know there are people who are long gone from here that I will never, ever forget. Simon and Pokejungle, Ryoutarou, and even newer members like Vendak are just a few of some of the most amazing and fun people I have met in my life. They are people that, although I have never met them before, I will never ever forget them.. and they will continue to be with me in my memories.

Man.. that sounded so soppy but it's so true.

A little ex-staff get-together would be nice! Especially over skype or something!

Man or if people feel comfortable with it, I am also contemplating doing a PC-get-together.. like an actual meetup in the UK. Maybe a day out in London or something? I think it would be pretty special.. and there are already 8 PC members nearby that I know that would be up for it.

Man.. 300,000 is crazy. I mean.. I'm only member 5999.. PC has grown so much <3

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wow 30000 members already...it's kind of sad to think of it this way but most of those people are long gone...

For the tenth anniversity we could have each member write a Poem about what they think of Pc, how it has made them grow etc. ^_^

droomph

weeb
Years
Man.. this would be nice. A history about the time at PC.. talk about all the members we love. All the members who shaped us.
I know there are people who are long gone from here that I will never, ever forget. Simon and Pokejungle, Ryoutarou, and even newer members like Vendak are just a few of some of the most amazing and fun people I have met in my life. They are people that, although I have never met them before, I will never ever forget them.. and they will continue to be with me in my memories.

Man.. that sounded so soppy but it's so true.

A little ex-staff get-together would be nice! Especially over skype or something!

Man or if people feel comfortable with it, I am also contemplating doing a PC-get-together.. like an actual meetup in the UK. Maybe a day out in London or something? I think it would be pretty special.. and there are already 8 PC members nearby that I know that would be up for it.

Man.. 300,000 is crazy. I mean.. I'm only member 5999.. PC has grown so much <3
But you realize that most of us are way too busy to go out on a random Wednsday or whatever, and even fewer would be interested in a plane ticket to the UK, US, or Europe for just one day. If anyone would host this, it should be at the discretion of one of the five Staff Administrators to host this, as to make it a lil' "special".

Though if that's what it has to come down to, I'll go ahead and say that it's a great idea, though I doubt 15 year olds like me can really attend. After all, this is a Pokémon forum, one that has lots of kids. But oh well, if at least two or three people have a fun time, it's very well worth having one.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
But you realize that most of us are way too busy to go out on a random Wednsday or whatever, and even fewer would be interested in a plane ticket to the UK, US, or Europe for just one day. If anyone would host this, it should be at the discretion of one of the five Staff Administrators to host this, as to make it a lil' "special".

Though if that's what it has to come down to, I'll go ahead and say that it's a great idea, though I doubt 15 year olds like me can really attend. After all, this is a Pokémon forum, one that has lots of kids. But oh well, if at least two or three people have a fun time, it's very well worth having one.

Haha well obviously it wouldnt be THE Wednesday, but moreso the weekend near the get together. And well.. obviously there are not gonna be people who are gonna do that! That's silly! But why deny people the chance for can or want to actually do it?

I was thinking, since London MCM expo is a weekend in October then, too. We can do a PC meetup there and then. That way other people can make a weekend trip out of it, or bring their friends or parents so that, after the meetup, they are safe to do whatever else. If need be they will also be close to the hotels.

Anyone who can't attend or doesn't want to.. then it's fine. Pokecommunity will still be hosting their get-togethers online doing contests and stuff over skype too so people wont miss out.

Seems fair to me. :3

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
If there's anything physical on PC in NYC, I'll more likely than not go. If not, lmk what you guys want. My history in PC, however, is quite limited to its humble beginnings to about 1-2 years after the pe2k split, though. 2010 I think was the last time I even step foot in the forums. lol

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yeah, an irl get-together wouldn't work with the distance factor, not to mention the age difference of everyone might make things uncomfortable or awkward for people. I Skype event could work, they seem to at Get-togethers. (Although they get so busy it overloads my laptop sometimes)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Just thought that there are about 7 active members I know within only an hours distance away from each other here. 3 (possibly actually 4 if we count Went coming to visit) of those people are moderators/ higher staff. Why not just have it as an unofficial meetup? I only found out recently that there was one member who went to the Expo that 3 other PC members (other than me) were at.. and if there was actually an announcement or something we could've all met up easily. They were there and we were there anyways.. it was just a matter of "see you near the pizzapizza entrance."

I don't expect some sort of meeting of 10k people. Heck even 10 would be stretching it.. but I think it would be very nice, regardless. If other people know PC members close to them, then they can set up a meeting, too. I know Lightning lives near a fair few other PC members and met up with a bunch before, and there are a couple of members from AU who have met before. Yoshikkko knows Rednael, and etc. Mr. Catdog also went up to Ireland with Drakow to see Abnegation recently.. I mean.. there -are- people willing to meet up.

So why not try and give it a go? And for those who don't want to venture out or who can't make it, they can stay at home skyping. But with having it available, at least people will know and have the option.

Back