• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sort of annoying glitch

So hi,

Yeah i'm new to the site and i wasn't exactly sure where i could ask this so feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate.

So down to business, I'm currently attempting to make a LG hack and it's all gone quite smoothly thanks to multiple tutorials and whatever else from this site until one thing happened.. A glitch.

Only occasionally whenever i defeat a wild pokemon or trainer and the battle ends, the screen returns to the 'overworld' as usual except my player character is stuck there and when i try to make him move i gain control of a different trainer that was located somewhere else on the screen and can move him around in a 3x3 square.

It shouldn't be anything wrong with my scripts because it happens when i battle trainers already in the game.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
The only way i can think of is by removing that script completely from the map.

tl;dr___
After defeating a trainer in my LG hack i can't move my hero character but instead i have limited control of a completely unrelated trainer in the area, help?

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Just a simple question.
What's the offset of the Pokedex giving script (Birch's) in Emerald? I want to convert it to national, but I can't find that stupid offset! xD

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
FireRed ROM Hacking Questions!

Okay. First of all, I'm sorry if I have to ask these questions of which the answers are quite obvious to most of you. Second, I'm sorry if I posted this thread in the ROM Hacking forums; this is what I've found to be of most connection to my questions [Anyway, I'm pretty sure if this is in the wrong forums it'll be moved]. Finally, I'm sorry for having to bother you for all of this fuss.

Now, I just wanted to ask some questions for my hack of FireRed (BPRE). Please answer these if you can; I'll appreciate the help with much gratitude.

First, is there a font editor or patch for FireRed? I want DPt/HGSS fonts for my hacks and edits, if possible.

Next, how to I import 4th Gen map tiles onto FireRed [using Advance Map 1.92 or 1.95 Beta, preferably.]? It's for that 3D attribute and I see that many hacks have adapted 4th Gen tiles instead of the same ol' FRLG graphics.

Third, I wanna know how to make roaming Pokémon events.

Lastly, how do I make day-night and season-exclusive Pokémon using prime-dialga's DNS tool? A-Map 1.95 doesn't make things different for me (also with the seasonal palletes in the map).

Thanks everyone, hope I get help.

-PARADOX-

Overworld Spriter :)
Years
Does anyone know how to fix this overworld problem i have.
It was working fine to begin with but when i inserted the female character overworlds into the rom. Both the male and female Hero overworlds went like this:
attachment.php

Please do not use anything from the screen uploaded, everything was redone and edited into 16 colour palettes by me, so no one can use them!

Attachments

• bad.PNG
    bad.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 188

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
well another simple quesion....do someone know which are the offset of the battleboxes in fr the boxes that contain the lv hp and such in game i need them so i can hack em

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Just a simple question.
What's the offset of the Pokedex giving script (Birch's) in Emerald? I want to convert it to national, but I can't find that stupid offset! xD

This script works in Ruby to give a National Dex, but I'm not sure about Emerald. You can give it a try, though. Set it to a person event.

Code:
#org 0xoffset
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x8000
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
clearflag 0x8000
release
end

Last edited:

Zepp710

Fearaligatr
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
I looked at the post saying how to run XSE and Advance Map on mac but it didn't work for me. Any suggestions? I am a programmer and i want to learn how to script and do stuff like that so i can't wait to start on my very own hack. if someone could help me out that would be great. and also does anyone know if there is a way to make all pokemon available in a game? like in gold/silver/crystal mareep isn't available in crystal is there a way to say change that? also is there a way to add the 4th gen physical and special typing into 3rd gen games?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Just a simple question.

It's part of the level script in Birch's Lab which is at the address '0x1F9E67'. It's one of those hidden level scripts so if you don't know how the map script data is stored, it's very difficult to locate. Just decompile the script at that address and look for the line "setflag 0x861". That enables the PokéDex in the Menu.

So hi,

Yeah i'm new to the site and i wasn't exactly sure where i could ask this so feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate.

So down to business, I'm currently attempting to make a LG hack and it's all gone quite smoothly thanks to multiple tutorials and whatever else from this site until one thing happened.. A glitch.

Only occasionally whenever i defeat a wild pokemon or trainer and the battle ends, the screen returns to the 'overworld' as usual except my player character is stuck there and when i try to make him move i gain control of a different trainer that was located somewhere else on the screen and can move him around in a 3x3 square.

It shouldn't be anything wrong with my scripts because it happens when i battle trainers already in the game.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
The only way i can think of is by removing that script completely from the map.

tl;dr___
After defeating a trainer in my LG hack i can't move my hero character but instead i have limited control of a completely unrelated trainer in the area, help?

That's most likely because you set the behavior for that sprite to "Look Down". Change it to "No Movement" and it should fix the glitch.

Last edited:

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
I've been thinking about trying to get a netbook in order to make use of some PC-oriented programs that my Mac isn't compatible with, such as just about every hacking tool I've come across. However, I don't know what system requirements I should be looking for. Does anyone have any recommendations for things like RAM and hard drive space in relation to the best hacking programs? For instance, does a certain program work better under certain circumstances (in terms of hardware/processors/what have you)?

Also, I've been having trouble with patching. Is there a way to obtain a ROM that has already been patched with a completed hack? The one I was working with was Flora Sky.

Thanks for your help.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I've been thinking about trying to get a netbook in order to make use of some PC-oriented programs that my Mac isn't compatible with, such as just about every hacking tool I've come across. However, I don't know what system requirements I should be looking for. Does anyone have any recommendations for things like RAM and hard drive space in relation to the best hacking programs? For instance, does a certain program work better under certain circumstances (in terms of hardware/processors/what have you)?

Also, I've been having trouble with patching. Is there a way to obtain a ROM that has already been patched with a completed hack? The one I was working with was Flora Sky.

Thanks for your help.
For ROM Hacking programs, I suggest using Windows XP, anything over 1GB of RAM will be plenty, and a 320GB Hard drive will be WAY more than you need.

ROM Hacking apps don't need very heavy system requirements. But if you want to emulate DS games, you'll need a better system.

-PARADOX-

Years
Ok no-one seemed to answer me the last time, so here it goes attempt number 2 at trying to get help with my problem!!!!
In the following screenshot you will see that the players overworld has got lines running through it! Csn someone please tell me how to fix this....

Oh btw it got the lines when i inserted the female players overworlds and she too also has the same problem.

P.S Nothing in the screen is to be used for anyone elses hack or whatecer....

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Ok no-one seemed to answer me the last time, so here it goes attempt number 2 at trying to get help with my problem!!!!
In the following screenshot you will see that the players overworld has got lines running through it! Csn someone please tell me how to fix this....

Oh btw it got the lines when i inserted the female players overworlds and she too also has the same problem.

P.S Nothing in the screen is to be used for anyone elses hack or whatecer....
I know I didn't respond because "Nothing in the screen is to be used for anyone elses hack or whatecer...." makes you sound like a self-righteous child.

Anyway, it probably has something to do with the way you inserted it, so why don't you tell us how you did that? It looks like it's a 256 color image, only using 16 colors, so what would normally be the 2nd color is just a zero. Is it all indexed properly?

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I have a little question about marowak "ghost" in pokemon tower...

Is it possible to change marowak "ghost" into different species and edit its level...?

I edited green script in that map, but it didn't work at all...

-PARADOX-

Years
sorry if the screen wasnt viewable... the overworlds basicallsy have transparent lines running through them :/
Ehm yeah i can say what i done
first i got the overworlds
converted them to 16 colours
changed the transparent colour to the first
used overworld changer and resized the overworlds to 32x32
then i inserted the overworlds with overworld editor

all the rest of the overworlds worked perfect and they followed the same method :/ just the hero and heroine overworlds wont.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016

Thanks for your help.

Well Darthatron answered the first part of your question good enough so about the second, Im guessing your having problems with patching Flora Sky because you dont have the right base. You need the "Pokemon Emerald TrashMan" rom. Google would be your best friend for that matter.

Zepp710

Fearaligatr
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
Could someone please give me advice on how to get XSE and Advance Map running on my mac. I REALLY want to start making my own rom hack. Do u know if AppleScript would work? Sorry i am a noob at doing stuff like this but i program in C, C++, Python, and a little Objective C

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Could someone please give me advice on how to get XSE and Advance Map running on my mac. I REALLY want to start making my own rom hack. Do u know if AppleScript would work? Sorry i am a noob at doing stuff like this but i program in C, C++, Python, and a little Objective C

You need to emulate Windows to get XSE or Advance Map working. WINE can do the job perfectly well.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has offered the code of one of their tools. The XSE code download is not working. Is there any other tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back