• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Pokemon World Theories

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
I can't seem to find any threads dedicated to peoples theories on how the pokemon world came to be, so I hope I'm putting this thread in the right forum!

I'm talking about theories to do with things such as;
why pokemon exist,
why there's so many species of pokemon,
why must trainers wait till their 10th birthday to get their first pokemon,
why are parents happy for their young children to wonder the world freely,
ect.

I'll kick things off with my personal favourite theory which I have come up with after hearing many other theories.. I will paraphrase it for you;

There are very few adult male characters that do not have important jobs (e.g professor, teacher), why?
Because they were sent to war!
War against?
War against Aliens... Pokemon.
After a long gruelling war, a Pokemon was captured and then used to battle and capture more pokemon.
Basically, pokemon can't be captured without being weakened by their own kind.
This is why all trainers are given a pokemon (caught with help from the professors pokemon, or raised from an egg) at the beginning of their journey, as it would be impossible to catch any pokemon without being given this gift.
Trainers are taught from childhood that it is their duty to capture pokemon, as the world depends on it.
The reason they battle and capture pokemon?
To prevent them from overpopulating and destroying the world.

Some really semi-viable proof of this theory in the form of the original theme song:
Spoiler:

Again, I hope this thread is in the right place and I hope to hear everyones thoughts on this theory and also to hear your own theories :)

-Adam

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Perhaps that's a bit of an outlandish hypothesis given the used details.

It's clear that Earth is the home planet of Pokemon in their current form. Fossils, on the one hand, imply Pokemon probably undergo evolution, in the scientific, darwinian sense, as would have any animal. On the other hand, legendary Pokemon establish a sort of hierarchy reminiscent of a Greek pantheon of deities. This strongly suggests, as much as the idea is repulsive to me, that Pokemon are the result of intelligent design of high-rank legendaries such as Arceus. If this is the case, questions about the quantity, nature, and variety of Pokemon and their abilities are rather unanswerable, being a matter of "Pokemonic theology," if you'll call it that. I'm hesitant to address Pokemon powers in detail since it's clear the anime will bend important conservation laws in physics as moves and abilities are carried out. Perhaps there is a clever way that energy for Pokemon powers are sourced from the "Pantheon", but it's unlikely the canon will establish any such transport method.

Other issues can probably be explained by miscellaneous cultural evolution of humans. The "present day" civilization probably came from one or more older cultures that, for the most part, respected Pokemon and their powers, making Pokemon battles into an honorable art, as opposed to an "enslavement culture" which would be bound to destroy itself in war. I think the relatively early age for Pokemon training at the age of 10, for select children anyways, would come naturally from the traditions of a culture that wants to keep that respect instilled for the next generation. But any younger would be rather irresponsible.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
It's clear that Earth is the home planet of Pokemon in their current form. Fossils, on the one hand, imply Pokemon probably undergo evolution.

Evolution? Or annihilation!
The pokemons front line in their attack on the human world. This also explains why when these extinct pokemon are brought back they are always so aggressive to humans. The fact that there's so few extinct pokemon suggests they haven't been on the planet for very long, which is why I dislike the evolution theory.
Perhaps they've been on the planet long enough to adapt to their surroundings which is why some use attacks that seem very of-this-world such as Petal Dance... But when you think about it a lot of attacks Such as Petal Dance would not be possible without some form of Telekinetic powers. Powers alien to the human world.

Back