• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you get HG/SS on the day it came out?

Years
Yeah. It was weird.

I walked in 20 minutes after the store opened, and there was nobody there, but when I went up to the counter, the guy said that everybody had already come and gone, and that there was only 1 of each copy left, including the strategy guide. I got both games + the strategy guide.

And since when do trade-ins at Gamestop require a driver's license?!

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I had pre-ordered both versions about a month before.

Even though I woke up late the day it was released, I ended up going to pick them up a little after noon.
So, yes, I did get the games the day they came out along with the bonus figurines for pre-ordering.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Went to GameStop about twenty minutes before the store closed on March 14th. It was crowded then, so I had to stand in line. The workers there were all rather helpful, so it wasn't too bad to wait there.

Got SS (no figure, but I've heard it's not a good-looking figure, so I wasn't bothered), and a strategy guide for an entirely different game. Still got a ten-percent discount on my order, though.

ChimcharFuse

Awaiting Black and White
Years
Yup!
SoulSilver.
The Gamestop in the mall where I live opened at 1:00 PM.
When the lady came and pulled those medal bars up, I was the first one to the counter!
I was disappointed with my figurine.....it was like 5 inches tall.
I haven't even opened the figurine yet.

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
Years
I got Soul Silver the day it came out, and beat the gym leaders pretty quickly. My friends all got it a day or so later, and one almost caught up to me pretty quickly....

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
Years
I got HG on the day it came out. Ever since I got it, I've become an addict to it! Now I'm hungering for battles, trades and such. Can't find anyone who can though... XP

yogamoanyo

Surfing the Wind
Years
Pssh, of course I got HeartGold on the first day! I don't think I'll be getting SoulSilver, I have absolutely NO memory for Silver so some reason, only Gold for some reason. I only would get SoulSilver though is for the different pokemon :P

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
Years
Yeah, I went up to preorder them a couple of days before they came out. I told my grandma a couple months ago to preorder them, however she didn't....so I didn't get the figurines. Anyways the lady tried selling me the guide, I started laughinh, and almost fell over. I told her "I replayed Gold, Silver, and Crystal so much when I was younger, I don't need the guide, I have my own." I then pointed to my head :p Afterwards I then walked out, shaking. I pulled out my HG and started playing...while crying. As soon I started playing a wave of nostalgia rushed over me...ah joyous memories. I'm going to stop now, because I've started to mumble xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2010
No I didn't, b/c I had a test coming up and didn't want to get sucked into it at that time. I want to get it today...but I want to hold onto my money. :( I should of saved my $30 gift card T_T damn impulses.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
Yeah, picked up my pre-order day of. Fell asleep in my car from the night before (lol, long night) woke up remembered GS was open early and made the trip, there were only like five other people there.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Sure did, I got Heart Gold at Gamestop early that morning. It was kind of exciting, driving over there. XD;

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I got my Pokemon SoulSilver and my friend's Pokemon HeartGold on the day it came out! XD TODAY! XD It came out today in Australia! XD (25th of March)

I'm going to get Pokemon HeartGold in a not-so-distant future right after I play Pokemon SoulSilver a bit... X3 I can't get both on the day because of lack of money and unable to play both at the same time. XD

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
Years
Played it for 2 hours already, I must say....THIS IS AWeSOME!!!
I got 20% off the guide book.=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
I got it today, after work. Seeing as it came out here today I did get it on the day it came out.
Picked me up a new DSi cuz my lite is sorta broked along with hg and ss ^.^

Back