• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ametrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
As you might have noticed, the game's title is changed. Now we can call it Pokémon Ametrine.
The Ametrine is a gem which is yellow/purle colored and is said to cure headaches. It is a variation of the quartz.
The subtitle is still the same: Legend of the Moon Goddess. Also, you can meet Neil, Alicia and Selene now on the screenshot of the title screen.
Selene has a Cleffa, which has been with her since she was little. It isn't evolved because she doesn't fight with it. Selene wears a Lunar Wing on her headband. She claims it keeps her away from bad dreams.

Sorry, just to annoyingly point out that Cleffa evolves with hapiness and so battling shouldn't matter. If she'd had it since she was little it would probably be quite happy with her by now.

Name change is quite good, I definately like it. Pearls are the biogenic gemstones associated with the moon but obviously Nintendo beat you to that one! :cer_tongue: Perhaps Ammolite would be quite cool due to its recemblance to dragon scales, but I definately like Ametrine.

The characters look great and the title screen is definately improved. Well done!

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
Sorry, just to annoyingly point out that Cleffa evolves with hapiness and so battling shouldn't matter. If she'd had it since she was little it would probably be quite happy with her by now.

maybe it's got an everstone?

anyway, totally loving the name change, ametrines are gorgeous. and hee, you totally made a girl character to play as! awesome :D I watched the videos, and now I can't wait to play it XD it looks awesome, dude. there are a bunch of grammatical errors, but that's understandable.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I think the new name is a major improvement. Keeping the old one as a subtitle is a good idea in my opinion, but replacing the actual name was a smart move ;) .

nimmy23 said:
Actually, GameFreak (The Pokemon Company) called Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Crystal.

GameFreak made Pokémon Crystal, yes, but I would not be surprised at all if Nintendo (their publisher) had the strongest say in determining the naming conventions of the game. Promotional issues are almost always dealt with by the publisher, not the developer. If GameFreak wanted to actually call it something ridiculous like "Pokémon: Hunt for the Powerful Suicune", then I'm almost certain Nintendo would intervene.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Whoa Dew, I thought you're making a new game when I opened The Showcase :P to be honest, I haven't heard that until I see it here. So I have to say nice choice for a title, I haven't heard any other Fanmade game using Ametrine.
Goodluck :)

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years

maybe it's got an everstone?

anyway, totally loving the name change, ametrines are gorgeous. and hee, you totally made a girl character to play as! awesome :D I watched the videos, and now I can't wait to play it XD it looks awesome, dude. there are a bunch of grammatical errors, but that's understandable.
Aww, thanks. :D And I'm so sorry for those grammatical errors, I'm not native, as you might know. Before I release the demo, the game will be fully tested by a major amount of native people, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think the new name is a major improvement. Keeping the old one as a subtitle is a good idea in my opinion, but replacing the actual name was a smart move ;) .

GameFreak made Pokémon Crystal, yes, but I would not be surprised at all if Nintendo (their publisher) had the strongest say in determining the naming conventions of the game. Promotional issues are almost always dealt with by the publisher, not the developer. If GameFreak wanted to actually call it something ridiculous like "Pokémon: Hunt for the Powerful Suicune", then I'm almost certain Nintendo would intervene.
Changing 'Legend of the Moon Goddess' to a subtitle wasn't my idea, it was Zephyr+'s, a good friend of mine, so thank her. ^^ After 5 mins of googling I found the perfect gem that describes the 'Moon Goddess' aka. Cresselia. And there it was. The birth of a new name.

Whoa Dew, I thought you're making a new game when I opened The Showcase :P to be honest, I haven't heard that until I see it here. So I have to say nice choice for a title, I haven't heard any other Fanmade game using Ametrine.
Goodluck :)
Thank you. I'm glad everyone likes the new title.
PS: Expect an update today (character backstories)

BR25

The guy who loses at everythin
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
this game is looking awsome and the new change is great

The Dewitty

Years
Update!
Very first footage of the Zorua escape event!
Solve puzzles, and help Pokémon return to their trainers!

capture000.png

Control panels for opening the Pokémon jails?

capture001l.png

Those poor Pokémon...

capture002.png

Speaking about weird, red engines...

capture003.png

Oh noez! Rotom has a new form!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Update!

capture000.png

capture001l.png

Those poor Pokémon...

capture002.png

capture003.png

Cool event, nice tiles aswell. Everything looks pretty good.
Just like the Pikachu event I did in Pokemon Infinite Rainbow.
I like these type of events. Keep up the good work.:)

Zorua♥

Zorua, Come to my side!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
WOW! This game looks like it is going to do great! I hope that you continue to make it and don't quit! I can see great things for this game.

The Dewitty

Years
Update! A screenshot of the Haunted Beach, a place which won't be accesible through regular gameplay. You'll have to get access to an event... You'll hear how, as soon as the first demo comes out. (It has something to do with Giratina(!) )

capture000u.png

Scary, eh? (Imagine the Old Chateau music in the background)

Oh yeah, plus, little message to all the readers,
I'll prepare an update with every ten messages posted. Just so that I can see that people are interested in the game. :)

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I love this game like crazy. It's just...so great.

I personally love the Zorua event. It's just so original and great and so many ways! I like the graphics too.

The only thing I really have to say is about the newest screenshot. Maybe to give it that more scary look, change the grass to dead grass and add some moss on the cliffs? It just seems like you added a bunch of ghost pokemon and fog...

Atomic Reactor

That's much better, I was gonna say it doesn't really have that spooky persona...
The tile change definitely helped.

And about the whole"every 10 posts thing"
Avatar told OmegaGroudon not to do it in his thread, as it will increase spammy posts.
So I wouldn't do that if I were you =/

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update!

capture000.png

capture001l.png

Those poor Pokémon...

capture002.png

capture003.png

That all looks really good. I like how Rotom changes its' form! This is probably the second best inside part of any Pokemon game I've seen before!

@The haunted beach: I was gonna say change it to the one in your sig, not realising you hadn't updated this first xD It looks great.

4th page!

The Dewitty

Years
That's much better, I was gonna say it doesn't really have that spooky persona...
The tile change definitely helped.

And about the whole"every 10 posts thing"
Avatar told OmegaGroudon not to do it in his thread, as it will increase spammy posts.
So I wouldn't do that if I were you =/
And that's why I'll only count GOOD posts. Not like ''nice hack'' noobish posts I can't use for anything. We'll see if the promise I just made causes spam. If it does, I'll stop with it immediately.

That all looks really good. I like how Rotom changes its' form! This is probably the second best inside part of any Pokemon game I've seen before!

@The haunted beach: I was gonna say change it to the one in your sig, not realising you hadn't updated this first xD It looks great.

4th page!
Yeah, I took advice from Aquakip, it just looked like a regular map with ghost Pokémon and a fog, so I changed some shizzle.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
The map looks good. But I think you should change the color of the tall grass. Instead of green.

Other than that, great job!

Zorua♥

Zorua, Come to my side!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
OMG I just saw those new pictures lol @ the fact I was listen to the Old Chateau music, also with no lights on at all, it is kind off freaky lol... Keep up to good work!

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I was wondering. Why do you have so many overworlds? They're nice and all, but do they serve a purpose?

I like the colors better. It makes things seem creepier. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back