• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon Discussion (Revealed in cover of Coro Coro!)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I still can't tell Landorus forme...but the other two look great, I specially like Thundorus' dragon look. I do wonder if there will be a way to shift them back to their normal formes...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
OKAY now I've properly looked at them, I kinda like Landorus now, but Thundurus is perhaps the... yeah idk, SO UGLY.

Actually no, I really like Landorus/Tornadus. I approve of them. :)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
When I look at them again I just see three East Indian guys in costumes lol I'll have to see some different art of them before I start to judge.

Years
So Bianca wears the glasses now...? N looks younger haha. And I'm glad the World Tournament is confirmed.

Also love the Sacred Beast formes!

Look at the bottom right of this pic:

Spoiler:

The Basic Badge is first in the badge case and Cheren is said to use Normal-types so I say he's the first Gym Leader.

Now, if one looks at this pic:

Spoiler:

The starters get new artwork too. I'm also starting to think Bianca is the one who gives you the starter.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Spoiler:

Here is a bit better of an image. I am not crazy about thunderus (although it's an improvement), but I really like Landorus and Tornadus! Landorus' form flows well, resembling a tiger/lion. I don't think these guys are that ugly anymore!!!

Complete CoroCoro scans and summaries can be found here!

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Tornadus's new forme looks awesome, but what the heck is Landorus' form is supposed to be. Is it's a dog-god?
I think Thundurus's new forme is meh. I couldn't complain though.

Spoiler:

The Basic Badge is first in the badge case and Cheren is said to use Normal-types so I say he's the first Gym Leader.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Tornadus's new forme looks awesome, but what the heck is Landorus' form is supposed to be. Is it's a dog-god?
I think Thundurus's new forme is meh. I couldn't complain though.

From what I read on Bulbapedia, Cheren replaces Lenora as Gym leader. But if her original gym is covered in ice does that mean they moved it to a new location?

It's odd seeing Bianca as a Juniper's assistant.The new artwork looks great.

Not really odd seeing as Bianca became Juniper's assistant in Black and White. Almost every point after Castella Bianca is with Juniper. At first she said she was her body guard, but she was assisting in the research too.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Am I the only person who loves the new versions of them? ): I think they look really good tbh. Idk what the hell Thundurus' new forme is, I can't tell.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I think the new formes look pretty cool. Thundurus... looks like an eastern dragon? Just by the way the legs are, it seems that way to me. It's certainly not as distinct as the other two, but it's by no means bad design-wise.

Maybe they're based on mythical creatures; Tornadus is one of many mythological birds, Thundurus could be a dragon, and Landorus is a shisa? It'd make sense given how their alternate formes are based on kami and all that.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I wonder where Lenora is though. She's too much of a good Gym Leader to get rid off. And we don't need a Normal Elite 4 member since we have one as a Gym Leader. Hopefully we get to battle her at some point.

blue

gucci
Years
Cheren, N & Bianca look waaay better than they did in Black & White, I love Bianca's new style with her hair down etc. Cheren looks more sophisticated and N just looks more .. care free?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I don't like the new looks. Bianca is too covered up and baggy. I don't get why Cheren is squinting and has red cheeks. N looks less sinister. No me gusta.

Years
Take a look at Cheren and Bianca's new look, Cheren lacks his glasses. Maybe he had his eyes laser-corrected or he's wearing contacts?

Now Bianca looks like the nerd, her hat looks cute. Maybe she developed a sight problem and had to start wearing glasses.

Anyways, I love their new designs so much I'm showcasing them as my latest theme.

The new forms for Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus were a disappointment.

Also Cheren being the 1st Gym is a letdown cos he said in B/W that he "wants to get stronger". He was one of my fave characters in Unova, and why did they give him a Patrat? It's such a weak Pokemon. So weak that I can beat him with just my starter. But enough ranting, I love the new features.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@Aquarius: I don't think it looks like a ghost, rather a robot (in that one image of the 3DS AR searcher), and due to my dislike of robots... :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Landorus and Thundurus will be awesome but Tornadus, ugh... I don't really know. xD I guess we'll find out how they work out... but I'm excited about them for sure! Each time more news of B2W2 comes out, I get more excited for it!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I love the new forms for Kyurem, but the new forms for Landorus, Thudurus, and Tornadus are disgusting and laughable.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, now I am utterly convinced that the new Kami trio formes are real. From an aesthetic point of view, I like Tornadus' new forme; it actually suits it because of its pure Flying status. From a competitive standpoint, I like Thundurus and Landorus' new formes because high offense is my style. I hope their Speed stats don't decrease when they change formes.

I'm surprised that Cheren and Bianca made reappearances in B/W, with Cheren as the Normal Gym Leader and Bianca as Prof. Juniper's assistant. That was quite a shocker to me.

And old characters making a comeback? Sweet. I've always wanted to see Steven, Lance and Blue in games other than the Kanto/Hoenn based ones.

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Lookin at them again, I like em all. Considering no one really expected them to come out with new forms, and the old ones were pretty odd, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed.

Back