• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Thanks, kingofbluesteel! I've been thinking about your suggestions all day, and decided, mentally some things.
My pokemon planned are currently: Glaceon, Gyarados, Serperior, and Growlithe.
Still staying away from lengendaries, I now want a flying type that can use the Fly HM.
I also have room for a last pokemon, but can't decide which to use. Any suggestions? I want to cover all of my weaknesses

Edit: MANY changes going on.My current planned team looks somewhat like:

Glaceon
Arcanine/Chandelure
Serperior
Salamence/Hydriegon/Garchomp
Lucario/Krookodile/Zoroark

I am having trouble, as well as covering my weakneses. I also have two open slots. I possibly wish to add Gyarados.

I was also wonderind which pokemon works best as an "HM slave"? I decided that for once, I wish to not put HMs on my main Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
are u trading in garchomp,salamence, and gyrados? cause none of these are avaiable during normal play

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Do you plan to battle online with this team or just between friends?
If you haven't, you may check Smogon to be inspired but it clearly depends on which kind of battling is this team made for.

Years
If you want a good Flying-type that can use the Fly HM there's two worthy ones that are good throughout the game. If it's White 2 that you're playing you should definitely go to Route 4 if it's Monday and catch the Braviary found there. Otherwise, I'd go with Crobat for your Fly user, and you can catch Zubat in the Castelia Sewers.

Last edited:

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Thanks for the help. I've progressed a ton already in the game. I just a few hours I have gotten my third Gym Badge.
Here is my team:
Growlithe (lv.21) Moveset: Reversal, Fire Fang, Flame Wheel, Odor Sleuth
Flaaffy (lv.22) Moveset: Thundershock, Charge, Thunder Wave, Take Down
Servine (lv.21) Moveset: Tackle, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Cut
Azumarill (lv.21) Moveset: Bubblebeam, Charm, Aqua Tail, Water Gun

Now I need help deciding on my next two slots.
I feel that I need a flying or dragon type.
I also get OBLITERATED by anything poison. I may need to get a ground type.

Any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Thanks for the help. I've progressed a ton already in the game. I just a few hours I have gotten my third Gym Badge.
Here is my team:
Growlithe (lv.21) Moveset: Reversal, Fire Fang, Flame Wheel, Odor Sleuth
Flaaffy (lv.22) Moveset: Thundershock, Charge, Thunder Wave, Take Down
Servine (lv.21) Moveset: Tackle, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Cut
Azumarill (lv.21) Moveset: Bubblebeam, Charm, Aqua Tail, Water Gun

Now I need help deciding on my next two slots.
I feel that I need a flying or dragon type.
I also get OBLITERATED by anything poison. I may need to get a ground type.

Any suggestions?

You can mix the Flying and Dragon type by using Altaria. Or instead of Altaria, you can go with Flygon(Which is a really good Pokémon with a great moveset) and tadah! You have your Ground type! For Poison type, you might want to use Crobat. It is really fast and has a nice Attack stat.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Pokemon Crystal Team

Hi there! I was wondering if someone would rate my team for Pokemon Crystal. I'm still at the beginning so replacing some of them wouldn't really matter.

Cyndaquil/Typhlosion
Miltank
Hoothoot/Noctowl
Poliwag/Poliwrath or Lapras
Oddish/Vileplume or Exxecute/Exxxecutor
Espeon (Umbreon if Exxecute is used.)

I definitely want to use my starter, a grass type, a water type, and a flying type. I really don't want to use a legendary.
Please rate and make suggestions! Thanks!

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Hello. I'm back... again.
I needed help with my team. You see, I've run up against a wall. Or I guess you can say some trainers. I noticed I began to lag behind in levels as I made my way to Drayden. Cobalion and Virizion were no joke, and I skipped the area you could surf around. My Pokemon were around 40-44 and Drayden ANNIHILATED me. I kid you not, I went and bought the blizzard TM specificall because I couldn't wait.

Now I am here, begging for help. It won't be long until the Elite Four and that stuff. I will begin to grind levels for my pokemon, however that is not enough.
I need new Pokemon.
Could you kind forum members help me? There are the Pokemon I plan to have to the E4 and use until I am physically capable to begin EV training a serious team.

-Ampharos: Signal Beam, Power Gem, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast
-Lucario: Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon pulse, Ice Punch
-Arcanine: Flare Blitz, Thunder Fang, Crunch, Close Combat
-Hydreigon: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Surf

I now need 2 more Pokemon to fill in the next slots. Not sure what Pokemon to pick up.
I am excluding HM slaves completely.
Can you give me any suggestions? I want to make the Elite Four as fast and easy as possible.

(In case you wonder why I am in such a rush and not taking my time, there is a Pokemon Tourney at my school soon, and I want to wipe the floors with the casual players and be able to compete with the advanced players.
I need to get all of this within a busy week and a half of summer break.)

Thanks!
~Suskel

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
It really depends on what types you prefer using, and which you think would make a great team as a whole.

In my opinion, go for a water-type or a ground-type.
For water-types, try Vaporeon, Jellicent, Starmie or Lapras. Those choices are excellent and powerful Pokemon that can aid you greatly, and are a must-have for any team.
For ground-types, go for either Excadrill or Krookodile with Moxie. Those two are real powerhouses and can take down a whole range of opponents.
For movesets, find out which moves work best for you and go from there!

Hope this helps. All the best!

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Go through the game and replace Noctowl with Skarmory. Definitely use Lapras. Use Vileplume, and switch Miltank with Tauros.
That's my suggestions.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Typhlosion - Can't go wrong here, he's a beast, definitely a good sweeper.

Miltank - I've personally used him and I wouldn't recommend it at the end I'll recommend something for you.

Noctowl - Use it until Blackthorn City then throw it, Skarmory for sure, Noctowls got a very weak move pool in this game compared to Gen IV. Skarmory is what you need.

Poliwrath or Lapras - I'd go with Lapras because it's easier to obtain but Poliwrath gives you that fighting type which is good so either or is good. But as a suggestion, Slowbro is a don and makes it easier to pick you're grass and Eevee evo.

Vileplume or Exeggutorr - Definitely Exeggutor (if not Slowbro), can't go wrong with his Psychic and grass. Just a recommendation, I'd go with Bellossom over Vileplume but either or is good as well.

Espeon (Umbreon if Exxecute is used.) - If Exeggutor is used go with Umbreon and make him a staller but occasional attacker, he's very useful if used right.

As for the last if you don't go with Poliwrath Heracross is always good and easy to obtain for the most part. Or go with Ampharos but it's up to you. The Nido's are good choices as well, and don't forget about Scizor if you can get him.

Other than that, you're teams good. But I highly suggest getting rid of Noctowl and Miltank. Also Piloswine isn't bad will help alot and you will thank him later and fall in love with him in the long run.

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
My experiences with said Pokemon are this:

Typhlosion is a beast.
Noctowl has too low attack stat to make use of his stabs and very poor other options. Fearow/Pidgeot are better Normal/flying
Haven't used Miltank personally, but I suppose it can be very strong with a normal move, Milk Drink, Rollout and Defense Curl.
Poliwrath is very bulky and gets great coverage in Surf, Ice Punch, Dynamicpunch and Body slam.
Vileplume isn't that good. Exeggcutor is awesome, but training an Exeggcute can be troublesome, with just Barrage for a while.
Umbreon is great defensively, while Espeon is good offensively.

And as a reaction on Shinyumbreon:
Heracross is indeed a great Pokemon, Ampharos isn't obtainable in Crstal though. And Piloswine is not that good, only use it if you don't have any other ice move on your team. It's still decent though, so use it if you want to.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
Entei bold nature good or bad?

Is bold nature for entei good or bad it's move set I think isn't good. Calm mind, Eruption, lava plume and hyper beam

Attack: 258 Defense 194 Special attack 221 special defense 177 and speed 267 also it is mischievous

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Can someone explain to me how Reds Snorlax and Blastoise were able to outspeed a 252 Ev Spd 25+ IV hasty Arcanine with tailwind?

Guess no one can

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Hi guys I'm looking to try balance my team in White. Currently I'm in the process of trying to train up a team before passing through Twist Mountain. All my Pokes are currently between levels 35-38, and right now I have a Seismitoad, A darmanitan (non-zen-mode), A Swoobat, a Fraxure, A Galvantula, and a Larvesta. None of my movesets are definite yet, nor is the team.

I feel like Larvesta is just a silly Poke to have on my team - he won't evolve till long after I've finished the elite four and he has a pretty terrible movepool to choose from, so I feel like I should replace him, along with others if I can find decent replacements.

I'm open to a team overhaul if anyone has some good suggestions - I've just gotten the hang of EV training (with Axew/Fraxure) and I'm maybe thinking of training up others in the same fashion.

So if anyone has any god ideas, hit me up? :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Emerald - Best Team for Elite 4

I am currently playing through Emerald and i have been picking up interesting pokemon, that i normally don't choose, for various reasons.

I want to setup a team for the Elite 4 and beyond of Non-Legendaries and hope to get your opinions.

I would just like to know, out of these, which team would be best suited. This way i can focus a bit more on them.

These are the pokemon i have currently, including movesets and levels.

Wailmer Lvl 32

Rollout
Blizzard
Surf
Mist

Manectric Lvl 32

Howl
Spark
Thunder
Quick Attack

Gardevior Lvl 30

Calm Mind
Teleport
Shock Wave
Psychic

Grovyle Lvl 34

Leaf Blade
Cut
Absorb
Pursuit

Camerupt Lvl 33

Rock Slide
Strength
Fire Blast
Sunny Day

Vibrava Lvl 35

Crunch
Fly
Dragonbreath
Sand Tomb

Castform Lvl 25

Powder snow
Rain Dance
Sunny Day
Hail

Lombre Lvl 19

Astonish
Growl
Absorb
Fake Out

Magnemite Lvl 23

Thundershock
Supersonic
Sonicboom
Thunderwave

Swellow Lvl 24

Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Aron Lvl 23

Metal Claw
Rock Smash
Mud Slap
Roar

Kecleon Lvl 30

Faint Attack
Fury Swipes
Psybeam
Screech

Spheal Lvl 32

Ice Ball
Body Slam
Aurora Beam
Hail

Skarmory Lvl 25

Fly
Sand Attack
Rock Smash
Agility

Azumarill Lvl 34

Surf
Rollout
Bubblebeam
Double-Edge

I am just about to get the 7th badge, so i will soon be at the Elite 4.

I plan to catch a Houndoor, Bagon and Duskull at the moment for more choice, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
Years
Tate&Liza

Does anyone else find the fight against the 7th gym leader(s) to be extremely difficult?
What is a good team to fight them with?

My current team:

257.gif

Level 40

289.gif

Level 38

277.gif

Level 34

262.gif

Level 27

271.gif

Level 24