• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Player difficulty adjustment?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2016
with all the modern technology, pokemon still has yet to have dynamic trainers.
i dont mean that they have to change drastically, but the AI is pretty easy as usual, but what would make it so much better would be if the game takes into account your skill (for example: beat gym 1 with 0 pokemon in team killed, make the AI a little harder/ switch out to a more competitive style team).
this would mean the game would help the player go along at the difficulty the player is ready for, without taking away the feelings needed like a epic, but yet defeatable final boss battle, but the player will be unable to tell the difference between easy and hard mode.

Years
The problem with what you have suggested is the fact that you might not lose because you're not "skillful", your Pokemon might just be weak to a certain Pokemon, a Pokemon could get a critical hit on one of yours. Quite a few people do challenges, and that would effect things, too. If, say, you're doing a Monotype challenge, you will end up going against Pokemon stronger than yours eventually, and there are times when you can't do anything about it. Furthermore, I think the games are very playable no matter how good you are. I don't think you need to be too skilled to complete the games considering they are aimed at a younger audience. You just need to know the basics, which they will show you at the start of the games anyway.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
Well, the Key System already existed in Pokémon Black and White. I guess it was removed because Game Freak doesn't really care about game difficulty. Proof of that is that X/Y are really easy games focused on online gaming rather than the story.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In a lot of player's eyes, it seems to be Experience Share is what made the recently-released Pokémon games (XY and ORAS) look easy.

In previous games, Experience Share had only allowed us to pass off battling experience we earned only towards one Pokémon (whichever was holding it). This time, however, it's much, much more different; instead of one, they're shared among each and every team member, and on top of this, all exp we gain are more high in number. Personally, I like it (as it saves a lot of time on training), but there are others who don't. For those who do dislike, their options are to either keep it enabled, or disable it completely.

Though, I believe it would be nice if they were to update this system and make it so that we are permitted to turn off the feature on select Pokémon rather than all, I feel it would go a long way as far as difficult is concerned (after all, higher our Pokémon's levels are, the more easy we'd find NPCs to be to have matches against). Generally, it'd be satisfying a lot more people than it is now, I feel.

Back