• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Situation: Catching Rayquaza. My party is full of Lvl 40's.

I've recently decided to use a Swellow with Endeavor, I put a focus band on it, but it still gets 1 hit K-O'd and the focus band isn't working. (Only works 1/10 times)

So my question is should I continue using the focus band in hopes it'll work or should I use a quick claw and hope I can bring its HP down with Endeavor first?

Well if the Focus Band isn't helping, it wouldn't hurt trying out that Quick Claw to see how that goes.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
^ I don't think you need to complete the Sevii Islands fully in order to find Suicune. Suicune should have been unlocked when you defeated the Elite 4 and obtained that National Pokedex.

To unlock the legendary dogs, the Ruby and Sapphire gems must be put into the machine, for that to happen the Sevii island quest must be done. I've had this same problem before.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't think there's an IV checker, or happiness checker. When you use an item on a Pokemon, in the animation, it it comes all the way up to you, that's max happiness, I'm sure. And I think Daisy is a happiness checker, but I'm not entirely sure about that. I do know she's a groomer though.

Perriechu

Years
In Emerald, (you'll see in my sig that I'm doing a challenge) if I go to Tate & Liza with only my Linoone in my party, will I be able to fight them?

Nope, you can still battle them with just one Pokemon. :)

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
I am currently thinking of a team I want to use in Leafgreen. Currently I have these pokemon:

Charizard
Gyarados
Muk
Dragonite
Gengar

I am still thinking of a 6th pokemon, who shall I choose? Electabuzz or Raichu and why?

Perriechu

Years
I am currently thinking of a team I want to use in Leafgreen. Currently I have these pokemon:

Charizard
Gyarados
Muk
Dragonite
Gengar

I am still thinking of a 6th pokemon, who shall I choose? Electabuzz or Raichu and why?

Well it's really up to personal preferences. But, I'd go with Electabuzz. It's got more bulk and power than Raichu. But the downside is it's only available in Leafgreen (You're playing that so it doesn't matter) and that it's only available before the 7th Gym. \: Whereas Raichu can be caught in Viridian forest.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
I have just purchased emerald today (along with Black so a lot of gaming coming my way ) my question is what do I have to do to be able to trade my team from FireRed to emerald?

Also I have read that you can capture some older region pokemon later in the game, I would like to know which ones they are ?

Thanks

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have just purchased emerald today (along with Black so a lot of gaming coming my way ) my question is what do I have to do to be able to trade my team from FireRed to emerald?

Also I have read that you can capture some older region pokemon later in the game, I would like to know which ones they are ?

Thanks

To trade with FireRed all you have to do is beat the Elite 4.

You can get many Johto Pokemon in Emerald including:
Mareep
Sunkern
Ledyba
Ditto
Spinarak
Aipom
Hoothoot
Gligar
Snubbull
Wooper
Stantler
Remoraid
Houndour
Miltank
Teddiursa
Pineco
Shuckle
Sudowoodo
Smeargle
Meowth
(one of the Johto starters of your choice)
(I think that's all)

ShockGazm

Breaking Benjamin are Gods!
Years
Is there any point me trying to breed a beldum with a ditto to try and get a shiny with both pokemon being the EU edition?
Since it seems through some research you have to have a japanese pokemon (Which ever JPN PKMN you want a shiny version of) just to get the odds down to 1/2000. Breeding or not it looks like it's still a 1/8000+ odd of getting one.

Thank you to those who answer (:

Years
  • Seen today
Is there any point me trying to breed a beldum with a ditto to try and get a shiny with both pokemon being the EU edition?
Since it seems through some research you have to have a japanese pokemon (Which ever JPN PKMN you want a shiny version of) just to get the odds down to 1/2000. Breeding or not it looks like it's still a 1/8000+ odd of getting one.

Thank you to those who answer (:

The Pokemon don't have to be from a Japanese copy, but both must be from copies from different countries (for instance, an EU Ditto and a US Beldum).

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
Question about Emerald

I want to catch a Pikachu and it says the area so is Safari Zone, I have been looking in there for ages, are they diffently in there or I'm I reading the map wrong?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Question about Emerald

I want to catch a Pikachu and it says the area so is Safari Zone, I have been looking in there for ages, are they diffently in there or I'm I reading the map wrong?

There is a 5% chance of finding Pikachu in area 1 and 2.
HSafariNumbered.png

Perriechu

Years
I have just caught Pikachu, next question :P
where can I buy a thunder stone which store?
thanks

You cannot buy evolution stones in R/S/E (I presume you're playing this right? Since I saw your other post about Pikachu)

Route 124 is the only place where you can obtain one. It is the route you take from Lilycove to Mosdeep city. You have to trade a Yellow shard for one in the house on the small island between the two cities. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back