• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
OK, as I promised, here are the battles vs Flannery and Norman:

Flannery
As I struggled to get to Flannery (I havent played this game for ages so I dont remember which in hole I had to fall) I defeated all the trainers and gained some levels. When I got to Flannery I challenged her. Vulcan surprisingly OHKOd her Slugmas, and left Torkoal with half its HP before fainting. Then I sent Blue out to get the job done and I got my fourth badge. Then I caught a Baltoy (Clay) and a Trapinch (Sandy). I trained them a bit as I returned to Petalburg for my next Gym battle.

Norman
I battled every single trainer in the Gym, and Blue evolved into Swampert. When "Dad" sent out Slaking, I spammed Mud Slap to reduce accuracy, then Mud shot to inflict more damage and reduce Speed, and when it fainted I did the same with Vigoroth and the other Slaking (it was much tougher). When the fight was finally over and I got my 5th badge I went to Wally's house and got HM Surf from Wally's Dad. I taught Surf to Swampert and Headed to Mauville to do "a little job for Wattson".

EDIT:
I'm training with Wallace's Gym Trainers to beat him. I caught the Lengendary Beast Groudon with the Master Ball, but it will never EVER see the light of day AGAIN...

Oh, and here are the battles vs Winona and Tate&Liza:

Winona
She made the Terrible Mistake of sending her powerhouse (Altaria) at the beginning of the match, as i hade quick work of it with Vibrava, Roll and Vulcan. Her other pokemon weren't hard in fact, as the birds fell down to the ground thanks to Blue (who spammed Double Team). After she gave me the Badge, I flew tp Mauville to get TM Ice Beam at the Game Corner. Then I meddled in the Magmas' plan but they left for the Seafloor Cavern. After they left the Wailmar at the cove were gone and I Hurried to Mossdeep for my next battle..

The Psychic Duo and the end of Team Magma
The many times I beat this game this was the hardest Gym battle. But this time it was an exception. The Twins only KOd Clay after many turms, and Blue 2HKOD Lunatone usind Surf. Solrock took some more time, but Blue and Vulcan DESTROYED it. Then I got the badge and went to spoil Team Magma's plans at the Seafloor Cavern, but after I beat Maxieit was too late...the Blue Orb started shining and woke up Groudon...Luckily I saved all Hoenn when I caught Groudon with a Master Ball I found at the Magma Hideout and stored it in BOX1. Maxie will never appear again after I met him in Mt Pyre, which means Team Magma is Gone, just like Team Rocket in the previous games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
just finished silver with my electric challenge

Final Team of trainer Wu Tang
U-God (Electabuzz)
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Thunder
Ice Punch

Methodman (Ampharos)
Thunder
Firepunch
Dynamicpunch
thunderpunch

RZA (Lanturn)
Take Down
Hydro Pump
Spark
Surf

as soon as i got to Johto i worked my way over to route 10 to catch my last member of my team U-God (Electabuzz) then effectively trained him to a servicable level and just destroyed all of the gym leaders

got prof. oak to let me into mt. silver my team was a little low on the levels so i trained them all till lvl 65 and went forth to beat red heres what happened

he sent out pikachu i sent out U-God two psychics and Pikachu was done

then out came his espeon and he took out U-God so i sent out Method to finish off Espeon with a Thunder

then he sent out Snorlax easily got finished thanks to 2 dynamic punches and some confusion help

then he sent out his Venusaur and with two solar beames he took out Method before Methodman could finish him off with fire punches

so out came RZA as i used a revive and full restore on Method as soon as RZA fainted MEthod came in and finished the job

then two succesive thunders each OHKO his final Blastoise and Charizard

cue credits and my switch to R/S with an beast Manectric team

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
The Johto chronicles are OVAR!

Oh my oh my! I just beat Red, and what a battle it was! It had me on edge!

Red With Anger - An Epic Fight to an Awesome game
The Kanto gym leaders were easy enough and all of them went down with little to no problem at all. Of course, I knew that what would come afterwards would be my ultimate challenge. The hardest battle ever in Pokemon history excluding the battle frontier: RED!
The first time I fought him, I lost quickly. He utterly thrashed my pokemon with his Espeon, giving me a disturbing reminder of that time I lost against Pip in the first generation.. *shudder*

The second time however, was a CLOSE battle. My Pokemon were falling indeed, and Espeon almost destroyed Hercule too. Still, I came out on top, and I came out of Mt. Silver with a pleasant feeling. The feeling of 'Thank GOD I can move on to generation three already!'
Basically, his Pikachu went down in one hit as usual. His Espeon was no different, except for the scary Psychic he used. It left me at 9 HP, so close to fainting.
His Starters were all finicky to deal with, especially Charizard. I had to use a stalling technique to get rid of Charizard and patience to get rid of Venusaur. Blastoise was just easy enough for two cross chops.
Yes.. I'm finally at ease. I can take it casually again with no stress, maybe head down to Hoenn and start from scratch as a new man. Who knows where I'll end up and what Pokemon I'll find? One thing's for certain; I'll still be kicking, punching and wrestling my way through!
Remember: Fighting types never give up, they endure harsh environments for their training. Even when it looks grim, the fighting type can still turn a fight around.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5XoBgB1dWxM

Current Team? WHO NEEDS IT! I'm getting a new one! (Sorry to all those who actually did want to see it though.)

PS: Please shed a tear for Hitomi, Hidato and Hichiro, as they won't be seen for the rest of the Ultimate Monotype Challenge. Tyrogue is missing from the 3rd gen and can only be found with the Pokeradar in Diamond. Everyone, start yer cryin'.

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I should be picking up where I left off in Ruby soon.

I've been busy reinventing my trainer cards in my shop XD

Now I'm just dreading the grind :( In past games it wasn't so hard, not too much loading involved in battles.

ALSO: Not looking forward to having to get FOUR burmy's in Diamond/Pearl... >_< Otherwise I'm stuck with Beautifly/Dustox (Only 1) and Kricketune throughout 90% of the game... As I could slather trees with honey EVERY day and never find a single burmy, let alone 4, let alone 3 female, 1 male :S

Ikwaylx

Years
I started on Pokemon Ruby, I should start my blogging once I defeat Roxanne. I have a Combusken and a Shroomish at the moment.

ALSO: Not looking forward to having to get FOUR burmy's in Diamond/Pearl... >_< Otherwise I'm stuck with Beautifly/Dustox (Only 1) and Kricketune throughout 90% of the game... As I could slather trees with honey EVERY day and never find a single burmy, let alone 4, let alone 3 female, 1 male :S
*Ahem* You forgot Heracross and Combee :P They can both be found on Sweet honey trees as well.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I started on Pokemon Ruby, I should start my blogging once I defeat Roxanne. I have a Combusken and a Shroomish at the moment.

*Ahem* You forgot Heracross and Combee :P They can both be found on Sweet honey trees as well.

They're rare than burmy though XD

Tony Montana

Years
Im gonna take a break after Ruby because I cant get Diamond from a virus-free website (either I have to pay or it takes AGES to download or it contains a virus). So if anybody could PM me with the link I would be grateful.

Now I'm just dreading the grind :( In past games it wasn't so hard, not too much loading involved in battles.

Also you could try with Yanmega (idk if it Yanma also appears in Honey Trees I have NEVER played D/P :( )

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

All you need is one, then you can run to Solaceon Town and breed three more. :P

And nope, Yanma is only available after beating the Elite Four, heh.

As for myself, I am really behind in my own challenge(hehe, I'm still in Johto). Lots of school stuff and whatnot, and I've been lazy when I actually do have spare time. But expect an update when I do finish up Crystal. =D

Tony Montana

Years
Eight Badges! Hooray!

I beat Wallace, who was the hardest Gym Battle for me because of the type advantage. Although I only used Sandy and Blue to take him out (Sandy KOd Luvdisc and almose Sealeo, who KOd Vibrava). When Blue came out I spammed Double Team and KOd every pokemon easily until he sent out Milotic. I had to use a lot of Hyper Potions, 2 Ethers, a Max Ether and a Max Elixir. When he started using Struggle, Mud shot finished him once and for all.
Then I got TM02, got through Victory Road and got TM29, which I taught to Clay. Now Im training till level 51-52, when Blue learns Earthquake and Sandy evolves so I can Teach him Dragon Claw. But I dont know whether to teach Earthquake to Clay or to Sandy. What do you think Guys?

Oh, and here's the team:

Blue - Lv 42
Surf
Ice Beam
Mud Shot
Double Team

Roll - Lv 37
Rock Tomb
Magnitude
Defense Curl
Rock Throw

Clay - Lv 37
Dig
Psychic
Ancientpower
Sandstorm

Vulcan - Lv 38
Amnesia
Overheat
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Sandy - Lv 38
Dragonbreath
Crunch
Sand Tomb
Fly

EDIT: Oh and btw I have planned my Diamond Team. It would be:

Torterra
Gastrodon
Garchomp
Camerupt
Mamoswine
Graveler

Last edited:

Ikwaylx

Years
OMGWTFBBQ GBA

A new journey begins for the young black belt Ikwaylx, who made his way through both Kanto, Johto and Kanto again! Hoenn is the next location for the guy, and a change of clothing and graphical updating made him into an awesome new guy.
I started with Torchic due to his evolutions: Combusken and Blaziken, after the small introduction I got my pokedex, and did some epic grinding to level 16 before I began with the trainers.
However, because of this, I'm pretty overrleveled, oh well. The same thing will happen to a Shroomish I catch later on.

Decided to visit my dad in Petalburg when some pale boy came in asking for some help in catching a Pokemon. I decided to go help and he caught a Ralts, one of my favourite Psychic types consarnit! I wish I had Pokemon Platinium so I could get a Gallade in Generation 4..
After that fandango, it was time to enter Petalburg woods; searching and searching for a Shroomish. Eventually, I found one and called it 'Brealeg'. A shortening of 'Break a Leg' for it to become a name. It's female and has a Gentle nature... nuts.
Speaking of natures, I nicknamed my Combusken Tarion, it's male and has a... quiet nature..
Hm! Well, when I get Machop, I'll make SURE that it's Adamant.

A Rocky Road

Ah yes, once Brealeg was hilariously overleveled, I went up to some dude who was looking for a Shroomish. He failed to realise that he wasn't in tall grass though, so good luck to him. BUT, just then, some dude wearing a warm, red coat came up and asked for papers. Santa? No sirree! It was a grunt of Team Magma who's got a really boring pokemon in his possesion. Lemme get this straight, if I ever did a Dark type monotype run, I would still refuse to catch Poochyena.
Once he was double kicked in the butt, I got a great Ball for my thanks and sent on my merry way to Rustboro City! A city of.. uh.. Rust? Meh, the gym leader is what's important here, so I thought I'd give ol' Roxanne a visit.. heheh..
OH COME ON!
Talk about an EASY MATCH, both of her Pokemon went down in one hit by Tarion! See for yourself, I caught the whole thing on video!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V34tjHnmvKA

Current Team:

pkrs005.gif

Tarion
Level 20
Ember
Double Kick
Focus Energy
Peck

pkrs034.gif

Brealeg - Will be a Breloom some day
Level 15
Mega Drain
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

Members to be Introduced

pkrs073.gif

Marcus

pkrs048.gif

Stallion-
Fun Fact:
I will ALWAYS use these two together for any double battles after I obtain both: So it'll say "Go! Italian, Stallion!"
pkrs076.gif
-
Italian

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Well, Combee is more common than Burmy, but Heracross is indeed rarer.
Just slather all the trees in the vicinity and hope for the best.

Yea, haha, there's a reason I'm stalling on Ruby. Not looking forward to 2-3 Gym Fights with just Kricketune :P

And to the person above you: Who mentioned Yanma? O.o The Yanmega in my signature is in my competitive battling team :P

Tony Montana

Years
Yea, haha, there's a reason I'm stalling on Ruby. Not looking forward to 2-3 Gym Fights with just Kricketune :P

And to the person above you: Who mentioned Yanma? O.o The Yanmega in my signature is in my competitive battling team :P

It was me, and I knew Yanma was a Bug so...it would be a choice. But, as I said b4, I know almost NOTHING about D/P/Pt, and I was told it appeared after the E4 so...

Ikwaylx

Years

What's so bad about Kricketune, really? :P Its cry might be scary but it isn't exactly terrible.
I'd do this again with Dragon types, but I'd never be bothered to play all 4 generations twice in a row now. Hahaaha.

Anyway, next blog is coming up after I defeat Wattson, I already defeated Brawly!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
Wow, this sounds fun n__n
I think I might try this. if I can just find my old pokémon games >.< haha

I think I'm going to pick Flying types. (lots of cute pokemon that way xD) and start with pokémon red ^^

wish me luck! xD I kinda suck at this, haven't played for sooo long :P

Tony Montana

Years
Good Luck pal!

BTW I have great news. VBA started recording again! Now I can record the E4 and upload it on YouTube! Yay!

Well, I think my party will be al lvl 51-52 tomorrow. I just need to find a good place to train. Later.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
Luna's flying type challenge. (pokémon red)

Yays! ^^ Have gotten my first badge!!
took much longer than i thought Dx took forever to get Berry to level 12 to learn confusion.
I wouldn't stand a chance against Brock without it xD
I realised too late that flying types wasn't exactly the easiest choice :< well well, too late to do anything about that. xD
Ah, and about that Charmander, no I'm not crazy (well maybe I am but that's not relevant now XD), I know he's not a flying type,
I'm just waiting for him to evolve into Charizard, which is a flying type.
Sooo, I'm kinda not using him in any trainer battles or gym battles until he grows a pair of wings. c: Hope its allowed >__> hehe

Too lazy to go any further right now, so I'm resting at the PC outside mt. moon ^^' mt. moon with a bunch of flying types is... umm, well, not so fun? Dx

Spr_1b_012.png

Berry - Lv. 14
Confusion
Tackle
Stringshot
Spr_1b_016.png

Cookie - Lv. 12
Quick Attack
Sand-Attack
Gust
Spr_1b_021.png

Apple - Lv. 12
Peck
Growl
Leer

--------------------
Spr_1b_004.png

Waffle - Lv. 15
Ember
Growl
Scratch
Leer

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
MR. CHEWY'S MONOTYPE BLOG

Generation: 1
Game: FireRed
Type: Water

OK, so I've remade the layout. Taking nearly 45mins to make one post in CSS is so not cool.

FUCHSIA CITY

Skipping like, three Gym's here, since I'm in Toronto at the moment and it's hard for me to keep constant updates. Lt. Surge was actually beaten really quite easily, and at the end of the day I just won out of brute force. His Double-Team spamming Raichu was really annoying, but at least it didn't spam Shock Wave. Just pot luck, really.

Erika also went down with surprising ease. By doing some weird city circumvention, I had Psychic by this point and since most of her Pokémon were part Poison, my team ripped her to shreds.

Koga was the hardest battle I've had so far. My Pokémon were really undertrained because I'd skipped nearly three routes full of trainers. It took my nearly five tries to actually take him down, since I was just too lazy to go train ^^.

PARTY
pkfrlg009.png
Blastoise - Level 36
Surf, Brick Break, Protect, Bite

pkfrlg130.png
Gyarados - Level 32
Bite, Surf, Leer, Dragon Rage

pkfrlg061.png
Poliwhirl - Level 32
Hypnosis, Psychic, Surf, Brick Break

pkfrlg134.png
Vaporeon - Level 31
Rain Dance, Surf, Toxic, Bite

As you can see, this was after the fight. I had been too lazy to buy a Water Stone yet, so Poliwhirl was pretty useless at this stage. Oh well, three more badges to go. Also note that the cool cascading effect you see with the layout was a complete accident, but damn it looks good.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Hehe, good luck to the new entrants. You're names are going on the first page right now. ^^

And ChibiLuna, were you perhaps a member of PFU? Strawberry...something, if I recall. The reason I ask is because you use similar Pokemon names. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back