• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genre of the week: Historical Fiction

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
This is one of the few genres that I haven't read any books in, now that I think about it. I was sure that I had, but looking through my personal library, I guess I never did. So there goes the section where I ramble about the books I've read.

So what kinds of experiences have you guys had? I know there are a broad range of subjects covering everything from Hitler winning WW2, to what would happen if __________ was never invented/born. Wow, this is really bugging me that I've never read something like this.

Bay

Years
I too don't have too much experience with historical fiction saved for some movies. I did read one historical romance novel that was set around 1700-1800, but that one is very romance focused so that probably doesn't count, haha. Another novel I read was of a group of cops/detectives on a Da Vinci Code/National Treasure kind of adventure and some chapters would be in the present while the others would be on the past. The "past" chapters have a religious flavor to it (some mentions of famous bible stories), however, so some parts of that novel could be considered more as religious fiction.

I think a lot of Shakespeare plays while more known as tragedies can be considered as historical fiction too, like Julius Caesar. As I mentioned several times here, though, I only read a few so my knowledge Shakespeare is also limited.

Back