• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
A page has passed so:
I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to port the POKeNAV to POKeMON FireRed? Not the one like in Liquid Crystal. I mean having it appear on the START MENU.
2) Can I use 16 color sprites in the intro?
7) How do I reposition where the Pokeball appears in the intro? My sprite had it's hand higher.

And another one:
What is the offset of Team Rocket's Logo before battle start (the Big Red R)?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
A page has passed so:

And another one:
What is the offset of Team Rocket's Logo before battle start (the Big Red R)?

1) Quick answer, no.
2) No, it has to be 256 colour sprites.
7) Just change your sprite to suit the animation, that's SUBSTANTIALLY easier. Seriously.

What even are you talking about? There is no such intro in any 3rd Gen game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
1) Quick answer, no.
2) No, it has to be 256 colour sprites.
7) Just change your sprite to suit the animation, that's SUBSTANTIALLY easier. Seriously.

What even are you talking about? There is no such intro in any 3rd Gen game.

The intro where Prof. Oak talks. And the Team Rocket Logo appears when you fight a random Rocket Grunt. Thanks for the answers though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I was wondering if there was a way to hack a new title screen into a Fire Red ROM, but still keep the "Press Start" text blinking? I've noticed that my title screen looks really boring when there's nothing on it that's moving haha :P

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I was wondering if there was a way to hack a new title screen into a Fire Red ROM, but still keep the "Press Start" text blinking? I've noticed that my title screen looks really boring when there's nothing on it that's moving haha :P

Just don't put a new image OVER the portion of Press Start. When you put new parts, add it below the original image not Over it. And use the same BG Palette of the Start to keep it blinking. Let me know when you don't understand.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, real life and stuff.

Try Team_Fail's music editing tutorial.

The only music tutorial from that user I could find was for DS editing. I'm trying to hack Sapphire, a GBA game. Does it matter that they're different systems, or are all music tutorials the same?

Also, the sounds are much, much lower in the numbers and usually aren't bookmarked. You will have to scroll through from the beginning until you hear it.

Please don't be mad, but what do you mean by "scroll through from the beginning"?

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I don't know if this is a simple question or not, but...

I want to know how to add an alternate form for a pokemon. Spikey Ear'd Pichu to be exact. I know that someone has been able to add burmy and wormadan's alternate forms, but I can't find out how. I'm using FR if that matters.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I made some new sand tiles in FR and was wondering how to make footprints appear when stepped on. I changed the behavior bytes to 6 and 25 but neither work. Help?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, real life and stuff.

The only music tutorial from that user I could find was for DS editing. I'm trying to hack Sapphire, a GBA game. Does it matter that they're different systems, or are all music tutorials the same?

Please don't be mad, but what do you mean by "scroll through from the beginning"?

That would be my fault, yeah Team Fail's is for NDS, here is one for GBA that I was showed a while ago: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121856

(BTW, it was the first result on Google for "GBA music hacking".)

Scrool through from the beginning means opening up Sappy and going to song 000 and playing each song after that until you find what you are looking for.

I don't know if this is a simple question or not, but...

I want to know how to add an alternate form for a pokemon. Spikey Ear'd Pichu to be exact. I know that someone has been able to add burmy and wormadan's alternate forms, but I can't find out how. I'm using FR if that matters.

Jambo51 did form changes for his hack, however he isn't planning on releasing it seperately. You could try it yourself, or you could fake it by putting the form in one of the extra 25 slots and making an evolution stone to change the pokemon into it.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Jambo51 did form changes for his hack, however he isn't planning on releasing it seperately. You could try it yourself, or you could fake it by putting the form in one of the extra 25 slots and making an evolution stone to change the pokemon into it.

I know Jambo did it, but I couldn't find out how. I don't want it to be a seperate pokemon because I want there to be a very small chance for it to be wild.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
And the Team Rocket Logo appears when you fight a random Rocket Grunt. Thanks for the answers though.

No, you misunderstand. This, simply put, does NOT exist in Gen 3. It's isn't anywhere in any ROM because it doesn't exist. Only emerald has any such intro, and it only has them for Aqua and Magma. There is not, and never has been, any Team Rocket intro in gen 3 or earlier.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
No, you misunderstand. This, simply put, does NOT exist in Gen 3. It's isn't anywhere in any ROM because it doesn't exist. Only emerald has any such intro, and it only has them for Aqua and Magma. There is not, and never has been, any Team Rocket intro in gen 3 or earlier.

Why would there be a Team Rocket intro in Emerald. When Team Rocket wasn't even in Emerald?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I know Jambo did it, but I couldn't find out how. I don't want it to be a seperate pokemon because I want there to be a very small chance for it to be wild.

You can't find it because he doesn't want you to. I told you, he isn't releasing it separately as of right now.

Why would there be a Team Rocket intro in Emerald. When Team Rocket wasn't even in Emerald?

He said that emerald had that type of thing for Aqua and Magma '-_-

And either way, Emerald is based on FR's engine, so it could have it if it had existed in FR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back