• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Long update time! I just beat Red so the challenge is finally over for me and my Banette, Dusk! I'll give you a basic summary of what happened since I last updated, which was when I beat the Elite Four the first time around.

User Name
: MareBear
Trainer: Mary
Game: SoulSilver
Pokemon: Shuppet / Banette
Time on Game: 22:56

Badge Case:
Badges.png

Badges2-1.png

After besting the Elite Four, Dusk and I made quick work of all of the Kanto Gym Leaders, pretty much knocking them out with no trouble whatsoever. We explored Kanto along the way and after beating pretty much every trainer, gym leader, and our rival Silver, Dusk was approximately level 95 after beating Blue. Eventually, Dusk made it to level 100, giving me my first Pokemon EVER that reached level 100 for me so this was kind of a special challenge for me. Anyway, I had already decided to re-challenge the Elite Four after getting all 16 badges and they definitely are a lot tougher than I thought they would be, especially Lance. I'm pretty sure I had to reset at least 7 times before getting a few lucky Critical Hits to finish him off.

After being crowned Champion again, I headed for Mt. Silver to face Red and the end of the challenge. Once we finished exploring the caves for items, we made it to the peak, where Red was waiting for me and Dusk. It wasn't a terribly tense battle, since I had my three HM Slaves as Revive Slaves, but it was intense nonetheless. I only had one super effective move against his team but Dusk managed to stay tough and win the battle after only fainting twice. Once the credits began to roll, I knew my challenge was complete.

All in all, this was an extremely fun challenge for me. I had a great time with this and I got my first level 100 Pokemon out of it too! At first, I wasn't so sure Dusk could handle the Elite Four and Red but he did and he definitely deserves a long retirement when I trade him over to my HeartGold file. I'm just going to finish a few things before moving him over but make sure you mark me down for finishing this. Thanks and good luck to everyone else! =]

Final Team:
Banette.png

Dusk Level 100 ♂
Nature : Rash
Ability : Insomnia
Item : Spell Tag
Shadow Claw | Return | Thunderbolt | Will-O-Wisp

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
And here comes another update on my Black Solo Run!

Spoiler:

So another two badges and another 4 Team Plasma encounters. Actually, there's also two more that happened earlier due to *mumbles under breath about spoiler*. ;P

Years
I will post a full update when I have played a bit more over the next hour or two, but before that, I was asked a question:
@Lord_Storm Just out of interest, what type is Blast's Hidden Power?

The answer Rainbow Sasuke is Ghost type, it came in very useful against some of those pesky rock types early on.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Update for my Dragonite run on HeartGold. His name is Isaac. I've completed the Johto region. Here's a screenshot montage.

Spoiler:

Team I:
Spr_4h_149.png

Isaac (Dragonite) - L60 @ Sharp Beak/Haban Berry (For Lance)
Nature: Brave
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Wing Attack
Dragon Rush
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail

Years
Decided to do an easy one to start off with, Charizard in Red. I will be hacking in a Mew for being a HM slave, and he will never be used in combat. I will be running on an emulator and using a lot of speed-up.

Named myself Adde, and my rival Jeppe (my own name and a good friends name, we usually name our rivals after eachother).

Didnt give Charmander a nickname and beat the rivals squirtle no probs.

Speeding through Viridian forest got Charmander to level 11 and he came out with 1 HP and no PP left on scratch.

Reached Pewter City (gametime 00:28)

Beat brock after a few resets (keep getting one-shotted by Bide)

Route east of Pewter, Charmander evolved into a Charmeleon.

Reached Cerulean City (Gametime 1:07)

Beat the trainers in the Cerulean Gym but saved misty for later as she usually slaugthers my charmeleon.

Beat nugget Bridge, level 24.

Tried to beat misty and failed miserably, moving on to Vermillion and taking Misty later.

Defeated the Rocket and learned Charmeleon Dig.

Reached Vermillion City (Gametime 2:19).

Continuing a little bit later, updating when I do.

Years
Continuing from Vermillion City

Defeated SS. Anne and Rival without any trouble (Dig OHKO'd his whole team except Pidgeotto

Obliterated Surge's gym with Dig. I'm really starting to like that move.

Backtracking to Cerulean for Rock Tunnel and Misty.

One-shotted both of Misty's pokemon without a hitch.

Charmeleon evolved into Charizard on the route West of Cerulean.

Got through Rock Tunnel and arrived in Lavender Town (gametime 6:02)

As there was nothing to do here, I continued on to Celadon.

Arrived in Celadon City (Gametime 6:27)

Obtained a Poké Doll and a Lemonade from the Mart.

Slaughtered the Celadon Gym with Ember.

Picked up Fly.

Took the cycling road down to Fuschia.

Defeated Koga after a few resets as I didnt go back to the Pokécenter to heal.

Saved and quit at the Safari Zone Gate.

Safari Zone done quick, got the teeth and HM03.

Silph Co. Cleared (gametime 9:31)

Backtracked to Fuschia.

Arrived on Cinnabar Island. (09:55)

OHKO'd the fire gym.

Arrived in Viridian City (gametime 10:35)

Noticed i've forgot to beat Sabrina, so I'm gonna have to backtrack, but i'll do that later.

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
OK, so I'm starting a Meganium solo run on Silver. Should be challenging.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Right, decided to use Poliwag Poliwrath on Blue, first update should be soon.

----

Update:
  • Started, named myself Mikey & rival Boaby.
  • Picked Poliwag as starter, named him Flipper
  • Battled against Boaby and lost pretty badly..
  • Grinded up to level 12, went through Viridian forest & reached Pewter City
  • Defeated the gym trainers and Brock with ease
Next onto Mt Moon & Cerulean City...

Flipper/Poliwag:
60.png

L16
-Bubble
-Hypnosis

Update #2:
  • Went East to Mt Moon
  • Got through it and nicked the Helix fossil
  • Reached Cerulean city, battled Boaby and won by the skin of my teeth
  • Went North, battling the nugget bridge people - Flipper evolved into Poliwhirl! :D
  • Got to Bill's house and helped him out
  • Went back down to Cerulean and beat the gym trainers and then beat Misty quite easily
  • Went South to Vermillion city, battling all the trainers on the way down
  • Did the whole SS Anne thing (Snore..) and beat Boaby surprisingly easily this time
  • Rubbed the old geezers back (yum) and then went to the gym
  • Defeated the gym trainers and beat Lt Surge pretty easily
Next onto the dreaded Rock tunnel...

Flipper/Poliwhirl:
61.png

L36
-Water gun
-Body slam
-Bubblebeam
-Doubleslap

Last edited:

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
Years
Okay here's my latest update (Sorry it took awhile, finals are coming up and there hasn't been a lot of free time.)

Spoiler:

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
OK so here goes...i got bored a couple days ago, you know how the week before finals goes, and i decided to pull out one of my old pokemon games. Well i decided to start with one of the pokemon I dont normaly start with. And I turned into more of a Solo run with a Feraligator. So ya with out looking at any of the rules I followed them its kinda scary.

So ya...solo run...Feralagator...crystal...done...bored again.

FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!!

Call me FOFS
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
K Myrrhman i dont know which ones i havnt put up yet. So heres the full list of my solo runs in Kanto.
-Blastiose
-Golduck
-Dragonite
-Cloyster
-Dugtrio
-Machamp
-Snorlax
-Hypno
-Gengar
-Pidgeot
-Nidoking
-Charizard
-Wigglytuff
-Aerodactyl
-Rhydon
-Butterfree
-Kabutops
-Venusaur
-Alakazam
Oofta! thats only 19...alot more to go...

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Leaf Green

Name: Haru
Badges: 8
Pokèdex: 7
Time: 10:42

Now in Victory Road, after that I'll fill the Pokèdex up to 60 Pokès, then E4.

330.png

Lv. 61 @ Charcoal (Hacked Item)
Earthquake
Toxic
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

151.png

Lv. 10
Cut
Fly
Surf
Mega Punch

26.png

Lv. 10
Shock Wave
Flash
Strength
Rock Smash​

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Another update on my Black Solo Run! I'm currently at Victory Road, so only a little further to go. I'm going to just say a few events, seeing as many of the things that are happening are large spoilers for the plot.

Spoiler:

And that's where I'm leaving off for now. My next update should be my last. ;P

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
Years
  • Age 32
  • Iowa
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
Sign Me Up Plox!

I would like to sign up to do a solo challenge on Diamond.

User-name: TheOblivinator
Character Name: JHawk
Pokemon of Destruction: Drapion

I'll start updating once I see my name in the Challengers list. For now I'll just breed myself an Adamant Skorupi egg on Heart Gold.

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
I would like to sign up to do a solo challenge on Diamond.

User-name: TheOblivinator
Character Name: JHawk
Pokemon of Destruction: Drapion

I'll start updating once I see my name in the Challengers list. For now I'll just breed myself an Adamant Skorupi egg on Heart Gold.
Just start, the list hasn't been updated in forever

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
Years
  • Age 32
  • Iowa
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
The Start of the Journey

Just start, the list hasn't been updated in forever

So be it.

Heart Gold:
The first leg of this journey was breeding my pokemon. I bred an Adamant Ariados holding an everstone with a female Drapion. I grabbed the egg and rode my bike around until the egg was about to hatch, then I traded it to my Diamond character.

Diamond:
I named my character JHawk and named my rival Squid. Together we went to the lake, got jumped by some tiny birds, grabbed a Turtwig and fought the off. Went to return Turtwig but was forced to keep him, I couldn't even say no to his Pokedex challenge, how rude. Oh well, May taught me how to catch a pokeman, so I caught a Starly and traded it for my egg. Ran around for a min then hatched my Skorupi. Named her Eve and leveled her up to level 6. Then I released Turtwig because he was useless now.

Battled through the first few routes, got the Poke'tch, destroyed Squid due to a critical hit and flinch hax. Battled to Oreburgh. Struggled in the mines. Grinded to level 14. Attempted the first gym and got smashed -_-.

Current Status: Grinding up to a level where I can withstand a few Rock Throws.....

Current Team:
Eve the Skorupi
Level 14
Adamant Natured
Item: Quick Claw
Ability: Battle Armor
Attack: 23 Defense 31: Sp. Attack: 11 Sp. Defense: 24 Speed: 24
Movset: Bite, Poison Sting, Leer, Pin Missile

Edit: Last night I grinded Eve the Skorupi up to level 17 until she learned Acupressure. That move helped out emmensily agaisnt Rowark. I barley managed to hold out agaisnt his Craniados, but Eve's big defense sure paid off. So now I have one badge.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey guys, I'm back on Winter Break. School got the best on me, so I was unable to even log onto PC, much less update my threads. But now that it's over, things should be up and running again soon (possibly by the end of the day)

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Leaf Green

Name: Haru.
Badges: 8.
Pokèdex: 62.
Time: 14:12.

Elite Four defeated, got the National Pokèdex, and completed the Sevii Islands quest.
Now training for next E4 time.

330.png

Lv. 69 @ Charcoal (Hacked Item)
Earthquake
Toxic
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

151.png

Lv. 10
Cut
Fly
Surf
Waterfall

26.png

Lv. 10
Shock Wave
Flash
Strength
Rock Smash​

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
Years
  • Age 32
  • Iowa
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
A Smart Grunt?!?! What is this, I don't even?

So Eve and I continued back to Jubilife City. Stuffed some Grunts with Dawn (I think I called her May last post -_-). Headed up Route 204 pwning anyone that challenged me. Made it to the hippy flower town.

Headed towards the Valley Windworks, stuffed another grunt, who was actually pretty smart and locked the door once he realized he couldn't beat me.

Headed back to the hippy town, beat the crap out of two other grunts who just so happened to leave the key I was looking for behind, and some old fart gave me a bunch of honey.

Went back to the Valley Windworks, unlocked the door, and HOLY COW the smart grunt did something smart again, went ahead to warn the others of my presence. Why can't all grunts actually be that smart. Well the leader was actually a little bit of a challenge, her Purugly managed to get a critical hit on me, but I still pulled off a win.

Headed up towards Eterna Forest and smashed all the trainers on that route.

Current Team:
Eve the Skorupi
Level: 22
Nature: Adamant
Item: Quick Claw
Ability: Battle Armor
Attack: 33 Defense: 49 Sp. Attack: 17 Sp. Defense: 34 Speed: 37
Moveset: Bite, Poison Sting, Acupressure, Pin Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back