• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
That's kind of irrelevant...it's like saying because I didn't eat chicken on Saturday that I'll never eat it again. {XD}
I think Cooltrainer has a point though, generally when they add a major game mechanic like that they include it in all future games, even remakes. That being said, they did make FRLG have no National Dex evolutions in it. More than likely though, Mega Evolutions are here to stay.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
I think Cooltrainer has a point though, generally when they add a major game mechanic like that they include it in all future games, even remakes. That being said, they did make FRLG have no National Dex evolutions in it. More than likely though, Mega Evolutions are here to stay.

They haven't done this with all of the really good game mechanics though. Auto Running Shoes in HG/SS never saw any other game :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope they add the MegaLati@s evolutions into the post game of the remakes. Come to think of it, will they handle the eon we get like they did in the original pair, or will they have us pick like in Emerald...if it's like the originals that'll be an incentive to trade with the other, or buy both (like those who bought both XY for all the mega stones and version exclusive legendaries).
I hope they add Mega's for the Johto starters (we could get them post game, or after completing the regional dex like in Emerald), and maybe one for one of the Sinnoh starters (If they do I want Empoleon...then my original Hoenn starter and Sinnoh starter will have favoritism by GF...) (or they could do two of them) like they did for the Kanto starters and Blaziken. Then if they do Kalos Megas and Unova megas for the starter and the Sinnoh ones they didn't (or don't do if Z comes before) they'll be Megas for all the starters.

I also hope they keep the Emerald storyline, but the exclusives of the original pair,except they allow us to get all members of the Weather trio. Maybe they could give the legends Megas to make them special with Groudon's only available in the Ruby remake but not the Kyogre stone which will be exclusive to Sapphire's.

Monophobia

Already Dead
Years
I just don't see it making it (or perhaps a lot of hoping i won't). It's received a lot of negative feedback from older fans.

Years
I don't see why R/S/E being compatible up to X and Y should be a factor. You have to realize how many new players Pokemon has gained since then, so something like that wouldn't matter to the majority of the Pokemon fanbase.

In addition to that, it could hold us over, along with the X/Y third version/ sequel, until gen 7. Assuming we dont get a main series game this year, R/S remakes can come out next year, A Kalos third game can come out in 2016, and gen 7 can come out in 2017, in time for Nintendo's next handheld.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Please, stop saying they'll add new Mega Evolutions. If they did that, X and Y would be incompatible with them, because the code doesn't have them. They could still update the games, but that's very unlikely since Gamefreak said there won't be DLC of any kind (and no, a DLC doesn't have to be paid). New Mega Evolutions will only come in 7th gen, I'm sure of it.

I'd say the fact there are Mega Evolutions alone makes me think Gamefreak aren't interested in remaking any game. There are plenty of Hoenn Pokémon in the Kalos Dexes, so they don't need to remake RSE. RoreyG has a point about the Pokédexes, since Diamond and Pearl (and even Platinum, to an extent) had few Johto Pokémon and you couldn't complete the Pokédex without transferring from RSE or FRLG. And the Hoenn Dex absolutely sucked, it had mostly Hoenn Pokémon and only a few Pokémon from other regions like Magneton, Golem and Skarmory. I've seen Hoenn fans bash BW for only having new Pokémon before the credits, and this couldn't be more ironic since the Hoenn games were the same! Even Emerald.

They could make a new game based on Hoenn instead of a remake, but I think a new region would give them far more possibilities than remaking an old one.

BTW (and this is a snide remark :P ) I don't think the fans who left Pokémon when RS came out and later came back to the series would be too interested in an RSE remake... Many people felt RS was when Pokémon jumped the shark. You may not remember but RS received a lot of negative feedback from fans, similar to BW.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Just out of curiosity, if we get a third version of 6th gen and then gen 7 instead of ever getting remakes of R/S/E, what would be the general response?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
KostK2Boss;8149423[COLOR=#800080 said:
The availability of Gen 2 Pokemon was not what made HG/SS so popular. It was the fact that after nearly 10 years players could re-experience traveling through the Johto region and the plethora of new features and game mechanics made the games much more than just "G/S/C with better graphics" as some people had criticized about FR/LG. On top of that, R/S/E had unique features such as Secret Bases, Record Mixing and Contests that set them apart from the rest of the Pokemon games, so Gen 3 wild Pokemon would not be the only reason to remake them, but rather implementing said features to the Wi-fi-happy Pokemon gaming world of today would.[/COLOR]

Speaking of game mechanics implemented for the first time in HearGold and SoulSilver Versions, what would you guys think of having the option of letting Pokémon follow you around like they did in those games in the Ruby and Sapphire remakes? As for getting new takes on features that originally made their debut in Ruby and Sapphire in these games' sequels, I think that it would be really cool if records could be mixed via StreetPass for players whom you pass by during the day and via SpotPass for the best trainers in Hoenn. Would you guys like to be able to do something like that?

What I see, looking at the new Mega Evolution mechanic, is 10/30 mega evolutions stemming off Pokemon from Hoenn, 3 of which are not available in the main game (Blaziken, Latios, and Latias). In addition to this, all of the Hoenn Megas make no appearances during the story of the game, with the exception of Gardevoir, and the 7 available are all post game. To me this seems like strong evidence for Hoenn remakes, as it would mean that in those they could make the Megas available for use in the story of those games.

Does anybody think that, since new Mega Evolutions could come out with the Hoenn remakes, GameFreak could break with tradition and introduce all-new Pokémon as pre- and post-evolutions to current members of Hoenn's regional PokéDex even though a new generation hasn't started yet? If so, then for which existing Hoenn Pokémon would you guys like to see pre- and post-evolutions?

Just out of curiosity, if we get a third version of 6th gen and then gen 7 instead of ever getting remakes of R/S/E, what would be the general response?

Well, I know that I would be at least slightly annoyed and, at most, really peeved.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
Years
Did anyone pick up on this article that was posted a couple of weeks ago? It wasn't really that publicised on many sites, but it's still worth taking a look at:

Pkparaiso said:
President of The Pokémon Company Tsunekazu Ishihara has made ​​this month a Famitsu magazine interview in which he talks about the Pokémon franchise and what we can expect from it this year. In this interview said that 2014 will be a year with major releases of Pokémon, but does not give any details about any of these games to be released beyond saying that one of them will be "an ad that many people expect to see . " The first thing most will think while reading this is that it is the highly anticipated remake of Ruby and Sapphire, very probably knowing that there are some megaevoluciones still not officially revealed to Latios and Latias and not obtainable the only berries in XY so far are they serve to PokeBlocks.

But another highly anticipated game by the fans would be a Pokemon game for WiiU, as the fifth generation there was no Pokemon game for a home console Pokémon Battle Revolution and did not leave us with very good taste in the fourth generation . However, Nintendo dropped late last year on social networks this year would be a great advertisement for Nintendo 3DS that seemed to be related to Pokémon, which makes it harder copper rumor of a possible remake of Ruby and Sapphire. ? Hoenn confirmed?

That's roughly translated from Spanish from the website pkparaiso, if it's a game we're expecting then odds are it could be either Pokémon Z or a Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Remake. Either way time will soon tell, Nintendo are also attending a gaming conference next weekend so we may get some news then.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Did anyone pick up on this article that was posted a couple of weeks ago? It wasn't really that publicised on many sites, but it's still worth taking a look at:

That's roughly translated from Spanish from the website pkparaiso, if it's a game we're expecting then odds are it could be either Pokémon Z or a Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Remake. Either way time will soon tell, Nintendo are also attending a gaming conference next weekend so we may get some news then.
I think it would be too soon to be doing a director's cut game so unless Z is something different my money would stay on Hoenn Remakes.
Please, stop saying they'll add new Mega Evolutions. If they did that, X and Y would be incompatible with them, because the code doesn't have them. They could still update the games, but that's very unlikely since Gamefreak said there won't be DLC of any kind (and no, a DLC doesn't have to be paid). New Mega Evolutions will only come in 7th gen, I'm sure of it.
In the past they have added new forms to Pokemon (Let's be honest, that's all megas are) and they were perfectly compatible with the existing games. They may not patch the games to have any new megas but it doesn't mean in the least that they can't make more if they wanted to.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Well, for me, I would love to see a Hoenn remake. Ruby was the first ever Pokemon game I've ever completed (Hoenn dex full, E4 champion defeated), but not the first I've played (my first was Gold but I gave up after losing to rival in Azalea Town).

I pretty much had fond memories about Hoenn. It was unique (a lot of water - love it or hate it, sootopolis city, fortree city and meteor falls were one of my favourites) and I absolutely loved the Pokemon League of this region for some reason.

Sadly, my GBA cartridge stopped saving and I have no idea why. I was so pleased with my team all up to Lv100 but when I turned it on the next time it showed "New Game". I tried saving a new game but to no avail. I didn't drop the game cart or abuse it in any way. That was the very last time I actually played Ruby.

I'll be glad if there will be a Hoenn remake in Gen 6. Mega Latias/Latios and that Lumiose cab driver pretty much convinced me that remakes are certainly possible soon. (NOT proof that one will come)
Of course, if GF decides to move on to X2/Y2/Z then Gen 7, I'll just be a little upset but that's it.

Last edited:

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
A Hoenn remake wouldn't surprise me. I know some people in this thread think that GameFreak wouldn't benefit from it but I think they easily could. I lot of people love this generation, even those who started out when Gen 1 was released (myself included). GameFreak would benefit in the fact that people want to play it, and they would be making money. When people are at the point that they desperately want to play the game but end up stopping due to the old mechanics/graphics, etc then it's time for a remake. I'd love to play this generation again. :)

Monophobia

Already Dead
Years
I'm guessing they'll do Pokémon Z before Hoenn remakes. "An ad many people are expecting to see" is pretty general, and could mean a lot of things. I mean, they released third additions like Platinum before HG/SS was put out, therefore I'm sticking with Z.

I mean, the inclusion of Zygarde as a Pokémon in X and Y was enough basis to say that a Z version was next.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I'm guessing they'll do Pokémon Z before Hoenn remakes. "An ad many people are expecting to see" is pretty general, and could mean a lot of things. I mean, they released third additions like Platinum before HG/SS was put out, therefore I'm sticking with Z.

I mean, the inclusion of Zygarde as a Pokémon in X and Y was enough basis to say that a Z version was next.
I bet more people are expecting to see that Z version than any possible remake!
Thanks to Zygarde.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

Fire Red and Leaf Green came out before Emerald, so I'd say it could easily go either way. I think this year is way too early to announce a Director's Cut game unless it's very near the end of the year that they do.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Fire Red and Leaf Green came out before Emerald, so I'd say it could easily go either way. I think this year is way too early to announce a Director's Cut game unless it's very near the end of the year that they do.

While I hope that GF pulls a HGSS on the remakes rather than a FrLg I do think that it's too early to do the third version/sequel as those usually come out after the second movie of the generation has come out, and we're still in the first. Maybe it'll be the anticipated "Pokemon U" for Wii U.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
This just occurred to me.

In order to sell Wii U consoles, Nintendo is putting together/ has put together a Game Boy Advanced Virtual Console Lineup.

In response to the arguments that R/S/E Remakes are needed in order to give this new generation of gamers a chance to experience the Hoenn Region; wouldn't it be shrewd business if Nintendo added Pokemon Emerald to the lineup.

This way, it offers new fans a chance to visit the Hoenn Region (the GBA games still hold up, so why not) and serves a logical purpose by adding extra incentive for fans to purchase a Wii U (that is if Hoenn is as in demand as argued).

Just an idea.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
This just occurred to me.

In order to sell Wii U consoles, Nintendo is putting together/ has put together a Game Boy Advanced Virtual Console Lineup.

In response to the arguments that R/S/E Remakes are needed in order to give this new generation of gamers a chance to experience the Hoenn Region; wouldn't it be shrewd business if Nintendo added Pokemon Emerald to the lineup.

This way, it offers new fans a chance to visit the Hoenn Region (the GBA games still hold up, so why not) and serves a logical purpose by adding extra incentive for fans to purchase a Wii U (that is if Hoenn is as in demand as argued).

Just an idea.
This could be just me but, I would NEVER want to play ANY GBA title on a Wii U.
Somehow it just seems weird and that GamePad lasts a mere 3-5h.
GBA titles on the 3DS or emulator on a phone would still work out.

If GF really brought Hoenn back, of course many will hope (myself included) that those visuals will be updated to more modern interfaces instead of plain GBA looks.

Just one question if you don't mind, what exactly do you mean by "GBA games hold up"?

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Just one question if you don't mind, what exactly do you mean by "GBA games hold up"?

Hold up in the sense that the Gen 3 (GBA) games are still playable. They don't suffer any fatal glitches and retains a high level of graphical clarity (unlike the the Gen 1 games) and even when the internal battery runs out of power, your saved file is still preserved and you can still save (unlike Gens 1 and 2).

Also, it has enough of the modern mechanical aspects of Pokemon (Natures, Berries, etc) that would make it more familiar and easier for newer fans to get into the game; as opposed to the First 2 Generations which have much different mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back