• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Design a Gym!

Which is your favourite Gym design?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Design a Gym! #1

vz5AAwi.png
yyN7EcM.png
j6YfcKC.png

Members have had four weeks to design a Gym, and we've had four entries. Now it's up to you to vote for the one you think is the best!

Entries

Awards

During the voting period, users may vote for the Best Gym Design. A Best Gym Puzzle award was also planned, but due to the lack of entries of Gyms with puzzles, there won't be one this time.

unknown.gif

Rules

• One Gym entry per member
  • Members can give feedback and comment on the entries in this thread
  • Participants may vote, but not for their own entries

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I like Tobiasu's Gym idea the best. Tiles are simple but the idea gets my vote.

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
I've got to give it to E.C's gym.
It has a well thought-out design and I really like the idea of changing the Player's perspective in a puzzle.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I voted for EC's. I was a bit hesitant because the castle look wasn't exactly in the usual Pokémon style but after looking it over it looked like the gym I'd most want to play through myself.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 21, 2016
When there's only one well thought-out design, you just have to go with it. (EC's)

The rest aren't necessarily bad, just too bland for my taste.

Etherion

EC has my vote :) His gym is the only one with puzzles, which are some of my favorite features while in gyms.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 30, 2020
E.C.'s really gives me a feeling of nostalgia. It's like Bowser's Castle to me, but in Pokemon and revamped. I like the idea with clues to puzzles and changing perspectives. I did like the tilesets on Sage's, but I had to vote E.C.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Congratulations, E.C.! You had the biggest Gym map out of all the entrants and I can see you put a lot of work into it.

And thanks to everyone for participating! There might be a second Gym design contest in the future, in case anyone wants to start preparing for it. :)

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Wow, what a rout. E.C put in a lot of work into his. Didn't vote for him(being a rebel, lol), but he definitely deserved it.

Back