• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Virus Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years

POKÉMON VIRUS VERSION
Created by Sakuchi Studios

Reminder!

Languages: English, maybe French, maybe dutch.
Made with: RPGXP
NOTE: You must have RPGXP's RGSS Standard Runtime Programs installed in order to play this game. It can be trial or full version, as long as it is installed.

Introduction

Well, Virus is back! After quite a while down for revamping (remaking maps mostly) Virus is back! Enjoy the new thread, and comment >:[

Story

It is the alpha.
The original.
The first Pokémon to ever be created.
Power.
Immense power.
It had awaken.
The power was so extreme...
Technology gave in.
Pokéballs around the globe shattered into dust, and blew with the wind.
Disaster was among the world; Pokémon has nothing to be contained in.
Scientists were working frantically days, nights, weeks, months, to
provide the globe with a replacement. Something that could be more
convenient then Pokéballs. Something stronger. And so they were created.

They dubbed them as "capture cards". Their energy was from a place in
Johto called Goldenrod City.
However...

With the shattering of Pokéballs...
One escaped.
Not just your average Pokémon...
The clone Pokémon; Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is highly dangerous; yet the danger is worse then that.
A mysterious organization. They call themselves "Team Teckor" is
gazing upon ways to capture the cloned one. Their goal is to
destroy capture cards once and for all; and capture all the
Pokémon in Amora.

However...a bright face of hope has emerged...
It`s up to you; either Adam or Amanda, to stop Team Teckor
and bring peace to Amora.

Features

• The end of Pokeballs, the new Capture Cards have arrived!
  • A new region, a new team based on the Alpha and the clone
  • New region based Pokemon- like Taurpup and more!
  • and many other things...

Awards

Hey, you never know. :\

Media

Screenshots

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen3-1.png

Screen4-1.png

Screen5.png

Screen6.png

Screen7.png

Screen8.png

Videos

none yet :(

Team

BlazingLink
PyroYahtzee (sort of)

Credits

Poccil & Flameguru - Starter Kit
PyroYahtzee- Thread layout
Adam and Girdon- Male Hero
Atomic Reactor- Trainer sprite of female
Teh_Lemon- Female OW and rest of Male's

Downloads

Reminder!

This is not a hack! This is a fan game! Get the difference right!

NOTE: You must have RPGXP's RGSS Standard Runtime Programs installed in order to play this game. It can be trial or full version, as long as it is installed.

Demos

none yet

Other

Userbars

Userbar-1.png

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=166949"]
[IMG]http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/PokemonVirus/Userbar.png[/IMG][/url]

Closing Words

Virus has been reborn now in BlazingLink's account. Don't worry Mods or anyone, it's me!
Leave a comment >:[

[/div]

[/div]

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Nice job, I think you should have tooken the screenshots in the morning xD or at least changing your computers clock temporarily so it would show up as morning xD

Anyway, your mapping is a lot better, but still has a lot of room for improvement, the maps seem bland and boring, try adding specific charesteristics to the maps, like mountains a waterfall a big building etc.
if you need help I'm here!
Now, I personally think you should change the tiles to fit your tree, the houses grass and paths, the water can be edited.

lol my textbox...

I really like the customizable room feature!

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
Virus Version? No I don't want the computer being attcked by viruses. XD
Nah, anyways good job on this. (By the way, I think Pikachu's eating my cards XD) I'm sure this will be a good game. (Sorry about the jokes, I just had to put them in XD)

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
There are only two real problems that I have with this.
One, I'm fairly certain that Mewtwo wasn't actually owned (i.e. was never captured) by anyone, unless you count R/B/Y.

Two, how exactly do these 'Capture Cards' work? The only similar thing that comes to mind would be Cardcaptor Sakura, and if it is supposed to be anything like that, that doesn't seem to make much sense in the Pokemon world, as magic (of the non-Pokemon variety) has never really come into play. Without magic, I don't quite see how you can capture a Pokemon in a card...

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
If you count the anime, Giovanni has possession of Mewtwo temporarily.
Hmm...That's sort of true, but Giovanni didn't actually own Mewtwo; he sort of tricked Mewtwo into working for him by convincing him that they were partners.

He certainly never captured him in a Pokeball, though.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
There are only two real problems that I have with this.
One, I'm fairly certain that Mewtwo wasn't actually owned (i.e. was never captured) by anyone, unless you count R/B/Y.

Two, how exactly do these 'Capture Cards' work? The only similar thing that comes to mind would be Cardcaptor Sakura, and if it is supposed to be anything like that, that doesn't seem to make much sense in the Pokemon world, as magic (of the non-Pokemon variety) has never really come into play. Without magic, I don't quite see how you can capture a Pokemon in a card...

Alright, let me clear those problems up for you.

One: I'm not following any timeline for ownership of Mewtwo.

Two: They work VERY similar to Pokeballs, like you know how the Pokemon goes red and flies in the Pokeball? Same thing with the Capture Cards, except that the card never opens XD

Anyways, thanks everyone for commenting so far!

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
This is a pretty good game thus far, but I have just a few questions concerning the story:
- You seem to have a forced team in the story. Frankly, the story could do without Teckor outright, or at least have something outside of that terrible cliche. Real life doesn't have black-and-white, just plain evil "teams" bent on the... whatever. You get the idea. My question is "why do you have a team in this game?"
-Capture cards seem from the perspective of your writing to simply be pokeballs under a more Yu-Gi-Oh!-esque name. What are the differences between pokeballs and capture cards?

I'd also like to apply for a job, but I'm unsure which positions are open.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
CSS is SO incredibly tacky...*removes colours*
POKÉMON VIRUS VERSION

Created by Sakuchi Studios

The name...uh, Mistrync is the first thing it brings to mind, but let's see what you got...

Reminder!

This is not a hack! This is a fan game! Get the difference right!
...can people quit saying that? The intelligent users are insulted because we know which forum this topic is in <<...
Made with: RPGXP
NOTE: You must have RPGXP's RGSS Standard Runtime Programs installed in order to play this game What trash.... It can be trial or full version, as long as it is installed.​

Introduction

Well, Virus is back! After quite a while down for revamping (remaking maps mostly) Virus is back! Enjoy the new thread, and comment >:[​

Story

It is the alpha.
The original. ...another one of these...bleh...
The first Pokémon to ever be created. Pkmn were created? Interesting...
Power.
Immense power. Okay, can you get to the point (or at least speak in sentences)?
It had awaken. ...yeah?
The power was so extreme...
Technology gave in.
Pokéballs around the globe shattered into dust, and blew with the wind. ...good plots are not poetry.
Disaster was among the world; Pokémon has nothing to be contained in.
Scientists were working frantically days, nights, weeks, months, to
provide the globe with a replacement ...so every pkball broke? Okay, yeah...no. And what about apricorns? They're fruits with just a rudimentary device planted into it...and we know that Pkmopolis had even odder pkballs before that...spoon apparatuses? Yeah.... Something that could be more
convenient then Pokéballs. Something stronger. And so they were created.​

They dubbed them as "capture cards" *laughs* Wow...I was walking through the store just today thinking the era of trading cards is over.. Their energy was from a place in
Johto called Goldenrod City. Energy? From a town? Explain, please?
However...​

With the shattering of Pokéballs...How do you explain this? They're just items...not special.
One escaped. Escaped what? Pkmn don't die from their pkballs disintegrating; they just get released...
Not just your average Pokémon...
The clone Pokémon; Mewtwo. Since when is Mewtwo captured? You had better have a drawn-out explanation for all of this...
Mewtwo is highly dangerous No, he isn't...he does not care to cause trouble.; yet the danger is worse then that.
A mysterious organization. They call themselves "Team Teckor" Wow, on top of that you needed an evil organisation...and what's a Teckor anyways? is
gazing upon ways to capture the cloned one Why? For mula on the black market?. Their goal is to
destroy capture cards once and for all ...if the're manufactured, that cannot be done. I don't get what good that would do them either way. Why do they care if pkmn are capturable? They can still be used and befriended.; and capture all the
Pokémon in Amora How did Mewtwo end up here? Who captured him? This person undoubtedly has a part in this plot....​

However...a bright face of hope has emerged...
It`s up to you; either Adam or Amanda, to stop Team Teckor
and bring peace to Amora. ...I'd like a follow-up.

I had to cut it off here due to time constraints...sorry.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
This is a pretty good game thus far, but I have just a few questions concerning the story:
- You seem to have a forced team in the story. Frankly, the story could do without Teckor outright, or at least have something outside of that terrible cliche. Real life doesn't have black-and-white, just plain evil "teams" bent on the... whatever. You get the idea. My question is "why do you have a team in this game?"
-Capture cards seem from the perspective of your writing to simply be pokeballs under a more Yu-Gi-Oh!-esque name. What are the differences between pokeballs and capture cards?

I'd also like to apply for a job, but I'm unsure which positions are open.

There are a few positions open. Scripter, Pokemon Spriter, and another Idealist.

@Agent Zero: I wrote the plot like that for a unique display. And Arceus has a CLOSE part in this game, and Mewtwo is dangerous, and read the above posts for the argument of Mewtwo's owner.

Ugh.

Anyways, Update probably soon...

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
This game looks nice, but it's far from complete and apparently you can't do everything all alone. Try to find yourself some teammates from websites like RMXP.org and your game will be a lot better in a few months.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
UPDATE!

Here is a userbar for Virus.
*adds to first post*

Userbar.png

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=166949"][IMG]http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/PokemonVirus/Userbar.png[/IMG][/url]

Yeah, today's a slow news day, sorry >:[

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
Hey guys, it's BlazingLink here with a sad update.

I've.....lost inspiration for this project. Incredibly sorry!

I'm giving up on Virus. Sorry Supporters :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back