• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

My team always has the core trio, an Electric, and a Flying type. If that takes up 5 slots, I usually end up making the last one a Psychic. If I can get away with combining some of those types with one another (i.e Lanturn; Zapdos) then I'll usually go for another physical element type :V

I'm always picky about Pokemon and usually have my team early on. B/W changed that though :X Never got my fire type til just before the Skyla fight (Litwick <3)

Oh and I wasn't ever a fan of Grumpig. It just felt so subpar to the Gardevoir I always had by then.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Spoink is adorable! But as for being an asset on my team not so much. On my Ruby team I had Absol, Flygon, and Swellow, and Swampert for Hoenn Pokes. Though eventually through games such as Colosseum, Pokemon Special, and contests (and eventually my Pearl) I grew to love Pokemon such as Milotic and Altaria. ♥

Usually I would build my team before I played the game but I decided not to do that on my second White file thus why I don't have a Water Pokemon. I would use Carracosta but... I like who I currently have on my team and I'm trying to save the last spot for a Mienfoo because ffff Hydreigon.

Riku

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

The chances of anyone having a Hydreigon before actually fighting Ghetsis is rather slim, unless you've A-) Action Replayed the thing up or B-) You reeeeeally love to level grind. Mienfoo though is both adorable and a boss for the dragon of death.

Cid

Years

Back then I used to just catch what I fancied, or at least what I see other trainers are using. If you gave me a wild Pokémon that I think looks or feels like I should catch it, then I probably will. One exception for that would be unbeatable Gyms due to typing, which I usually come around once in a while back then. Another would be HMs, since HM slaves never really felt right. So my early teams kinda build on that: from my starter, which I never had the heart to store in the PC, onwards.

For recent generations, I've already probably familiarized myself with the game to know which ones to pick, and less on how aesthetically-pleasing the Pokémon are. A team that's already built way before I catch them. It's sad, really. I wish I'd just lose all that preemptive knowledge so I can catch all the cute or cool ones freely like back then.

And to BinaryPeaches, why not Scrafty on that last slot if you're looking for a Fighting-type? That critter is pretty useful in the last few fights.

TY

Scrafty is indeed a good choice, not much is super effective against it.
Never thought of that before...

TY

Cuteliness has nothing to do with power, as i approved (Scrafty beats the E4 without dying)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Usually I would build my team before I played the game.

This. I always have a preset team before i even play, so as not to lose track of what Pokemon I should be catching. Also, the movesets must be planned already.

The chances of anyone having a Hydreigon before actually fighting Ghetsis is rather slim, unless you've A-) Action Replayed the thing up or B-) You reeeeeally love to level grind. Mienfoo though is both adorable and a boss for the dragon of death.

Hydreigon evolves so late in the game. I never actually tried using it, because of that reason. And I hate NFE's with a passion to be used against the E4.

I have never really actually used Mienshao.

SNORLAX IS CUTE. NUFF SAID.

Last edited:

Riku

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

I try and make it a point to have a Snorlax in every game he's available in for the E4. He's that fun for me. Rest+Sleep Talk = funness

NFE's used to bother me. Now I don't really mind so much.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

SNORLAX IS WORTH MORE OF MY PRAISE THAN ARCEUS. No, seriously.

~ Body Slam / Return
~ Rest
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake

Boofrigginya!

Cid

Years

How can I forget about Snorlax? One of the rare examples of powerful cuteness in the games. Wait, here's one possible reason: I rarely used him in the games I encounter him, if I remember correctly. I don't know why, to be quite honest. I know, shame on me.

EDIT: I once disliked having NFEs in my in-game teams, too. Not anymore. Especially with Game Freak giving out the Eviolite held item.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

There was a reason why I chose not to have Scrafty but I forget. I think it might be because I already have a Pokemon from the desert on my team? Also I like Mienfoo/Mienshao more and I really want to use it. :v

Let's see... if I remember my team correctly...
Stoutland (Colette)
Darumaka (Kratos)
Unfezant (Raine)
Galvantula (Yuan)
Excadrill (Gnome)
??? (I forget if I dropped Anna or I'm keeping her for the time being).

Riku

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Holo so awesome. Probably one of the best leading females I've seen in a good while :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back