• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They wouldn't be remakes if they did drastic changes like that. Remakes are rehashing the same old story with updated info. If remakes are done, we'll get Old Ruby/Sapphire with a few new twists, but nothing deviating from the main plot.

As for New Pokemon, that's highly unlikely. New Pokemon usually come with new games. Form Changes are plausable, but I can't see many Gen 3 Pokemon needing or getting new forms. It would be cool, but the form changes started with Gen 3 so you'd think they'd have already had them if they were supposed to.

I'm wonderin if they'll do a Pokewalker like thing with the remakes though. FR/LG got the first Wireless Trading adapter. HG/Ss got the Pokewalker. Would the R/S remakes get some wireless toy as well?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
They wouldn't be remakes if they did drastic changes like that. Remakes are rehashing the same old story with updated info. If remakes are done, we'll get Old Ruby/Sapphire with a few new twists, but nothing deviating from the main plot.

As for New Pokemon, that's highly unlikely. New Pokemon usually come with new games. Form Changes are plausable, but I can't see many Gen 3 Pokemon needing or getting new forms. It would be cool, but the form changes started with Gen 3 so you'd think they'd have already had them if they were supposed to.

I'm wonderin if they'll do a Pokewalker like thing with the remakes though. FR/LG got the first Wireless Trading adapter. HG/Ss got the Pokewalker. Would the R/S remakes get some wireless toy as well?

The changes wouldn't be too drastic .
Compare RB FR LG. a great many things changed , additional pokemon and region and added story. Overhaul of game mechanics not to mention color
So what thinking wouldn't be too much of a drastic change from the original

And the main story will pretty much be the same.
But I understand what you are saying tho.

I think they might experiment with the follow me feature again, only this time giving us an option of turning it on and off. And if the reception is good enough I think they will implement it in future generations

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I actually think that Emerald would be better to get remade than R/S would.

While there is one major flaw, that they never put all of Hoenns' Pokemon in one game but they can work with the story a lot more because it featured both teams

Crystal events were added to HG/SS but there wasn't a drastic change in story between G/S and C, just the events with Eusine and the extra attention to Suicune

Emerald, on the other hand, had a drastic story change, adding both teams to the game thus extending gameplay by a few hours worth.

I mean think about it, if R/S remakes come out, they would pay attention to their respective legend, completely eliminating Rayquaza from the main story and taking away the team rivalry Aqua and Magma shared.

I really don't want them to work with a watered down story while Emerald was the better game in every aspect.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Ruby and Sapphire don't need remakes, since you can transfer your Pokemon from there to Gen IV, then to Gen V, and they don't look too dated, either.

What I want instead is prequels for them, in which the origins of Team Aqua and Magma rise to struggle with each other, and things about the past of Archie and Maxie come to light. It would be a rather interesting new direction, albeit with the same Pokemon R/S brought us with later-gen additions like Dusknoir and Rhyperior. I'd also think that they should definitely make Deoxys available in-game, possibly as a plot legendary.

Prequels would be a more intriguing way to go than a game that doesn't really need an update.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Yeah, I see more potential in ANYTHING than plain remakes.

I actually think that Emerald would be better to get remade than R/S would.

While there is one major flaw, that they never put all of Hoenns' Pokemon in one game but they can work with the story a lot more because it featured both teams

Crystal events were added to HG/SS but there wasn't a drastic change in story between G/S and C, just the events with Eusine and the extra attention to Suicune

Emerald, on the other hand, had a drastic story change, adding both teams to the game thus extending gameplay by a few hours worth.

I mean think about it, if R/S remakes come out, they would pay attention to their respective legend, completely eliminating Rayquaza from the main story and taking away the team rivalry Aqua and Magma shared.

I really don't want them to work with a watered down story while Emerald was the better game in every aspect.

Completely agree. So few people seem to understand this.
Gamefreak don't make half-assed games.

What do you think of my Emerald-key soltuion to this problem?

After someone finishes R or S, they unlock the E-key, which can be sent to another unplayed R/S to change it into E.
Similar to the keys in BW2, just on a bigger scale.

That way if you got 2 games, it would be equivalent of buying one and the third version.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Perhaps there would be a new female character instead of May, but I don't think there's a reason to replace her.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
After someone finishes R or S, they unlock the E-key, which can be sent to another unplayed R/S to change it into E.
Similar to the keys in BW2, just on a bigger scale.

That way if you got 2 games, it would be equivalent of buying one and the third version.
I hate those Keys so so much. I wanna be able to play on hard mode from the beginning!

I don't know if that would work, though, because there would have to be data for two completely different sets of dialogue and events, and that would completely limit what they could fit on one card.

If they do remakes, they'd probably have two villain teams, but with one legendary making itself catchable to you. Of course, plain old remakes would be BORING because there wouldn't be a big difference at all!

And they would not replace May. She's popular and was in the anime. Same goes for Dawn. And Hilda is popular too.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
The only way I can see them doing a story transfer thing is if they bring mixing records back, which is something I very highly doubt.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Ruby and Sapphire don't need remakes, since you can transfer your Pokemon from there to Gen IV, then to Gen V, and they don't look too dated, either.
pokemon availability doesn't matter. DS and DSlite are no longer being made so transferring from gen 3 for newcomers Is hard. Plus you could already catch all johto Pokemon through gen 3 and Dppt, so I guess that means johto shouldn't have been remade.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
pokemon availability doesn't matter. DS and DSlite are no longer being made so transferring from gen 3 for newcomers Is hard. Plus you could already catch all johto Pokemon through gen 3 and Dppt, so I guess that means johto shouldn't have been remade.

All but Deoxys/Jiranchi is available between normal game play through in both Gens 4 and 5. So you don't even need to transfer from Gen 3. Its possible to get all of the legends for Third Gen minus the Weather trio in Gen 5 alone. (this includes possible download events for Jiranchi and Deoxys as they are only handed out through events) To get the Weather trio you just have to transfer from HG/SS.

Pokemon availability isn't an issue on the matter as its no longer relevant since all of the Hoenn Pokemon can be obtained through Gen 5 barring those mentioned above.

Gens 1 and 2 were remade due to system changes that made the old games incompatible, they have since fixed the error and made sure future games didn't suffer the same problem.

Only reason to remake Gen 3 is story and story alone.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I don't know if that would work, though, because there would have to be data for two completely different sets of dialogue and events, and that would completely limit what they could fit on one card.

I don't see what would prevent them from having said data? Especially when 3DS carts are like 10 times the biggest DS carts minimum...
Black City and White Forest are both in both BW2 games. Different maps with their own NPCs events and all, accessed by keys. Same for the golem caves, where the entrance is simply made to lead you into a different room.
There would be a few more for an integrated Emerald...the Magma HQ I guess. But quite a lot more NPCs and events sure.

Far from a serious problem though since RS and E share everything that matters.
I mean, think of it this way. They had RS. Then they adjusted it to create E. This would be the same, just instead of replacing anything, they add the data and make a key switch between that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There's a big difference from swapping out two smaller areas opposed to doing a full game dialogue and event script change. There are more issues with a full game switch than two small areas that only change aesthetically (Regi)

If they try it would possibly have to be 3DS cartridge just to attempt to hold that much data. There can be a lot of bugs that can cause critical issues with it too. One such, you get an Emerald event that doesn't exist in Ruby/Sapphire that causes the game to bug and not allow you to progress through the story properly. While they were fundamentally the same, there was a good bit of differences with the events between R/S and E.

Easiest outcome is, they do Emerald like event with you following only 1 of the two teams. i.E Magma in Ruby remake or Aqua in Sapphire remake. When you get to the Sootopolis part, you get the epic battle (hopefully in 3D since they had Zekrom/Reshiram vs Kyurem and that was BA) and then Rayquaza interrupts it and the opposite legend (Kyogre in Ruby or Groudon in Sapphire) disappears and you get to either battle the box legend OR it disappears as well until after you beat the Elite Four.

That's the easier outcome than the key. Key is possible just, there are a lot of issues that can develop with them when they effect the entirety of the game, especially a game that is most likely going to have one game file.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
And it's not likely that its going to be the 3dd if it is in this gen so that may not work.
I've played thru all gen 3 games can someone tell me what makes emerald better story wise than ruby and sapphire ? To my knowledge its only that both teams are able to be fought, Rayquaza came and calmed down the beast( seriously guys your gonna call that a huge role in the game that if it doesn't have that one cutscene the games gonna be ruined) and gym leader and champion were the different

I say stick to the Ruby and Sapphire version differences. Give your rival and Wally a bigger role or create a new one all together . If you have ruby you would go after team magma and Wally and or the new character will go after aqua and vice versa. Therefore both teams are In each game with version differences , both pokemon get summoned so Rayquaza would still be part of the story
And as far as keys

Ruby key ( when unlocked in ruby offers a post game magma quest kind like sevii islands. But when transferred to sapphire it unlocks different magma quest and magma boss battle since in sapphire you didn't fight team magma. And special dungeon that gives you groudon with special attack and that is shiny ) and vice versa

See that was easy lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Emerald was the "Director's Cut" version of Generation 3 just as Platinum was the "Director's Cut" version of Gen 4. What that means: Its the same story, fused with the Director's personal additions. Its the story that the Director wanted to produce. If you watch movies that have Director's Cuts there are small differences, usually different endings or parts changed/removed/added. If you haven't, go watch Salt. That has three endings that effect the the way the story goes through all the way to the ending.

These were special stories that the Director, Junichi Masuda, changed from the main story. That's pretty much all that they are. Which counts for Platinum as well. They are the only two Director's cuts that I know of as Yellow was a special Anime addition, Blue was the same as Red and Green, and Crystal was a completely different story focus Legend wise.

So there isn't anything that's heavily different other than all the extra coding they added to the stories, such as specific team meetings and Magma's new hideout, which can transfer over.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
Also, Emerald made more sense, because Team Magma had a base in a logical location for them, and them trying to blow up Mt. Chimney actually made sense, because their stupid excuse of "oh, we want to make more land" -- which makes so sense because Mt. Chimney is nowhere near the ocean -- was just to cover up the fact that Groudon was sleeping inside the mountain in Emerald, as opposed to under the ocean. And Kyogre and Groudon battling was more intense than just either of them sitting in a cave. :P

Personally, I'm hoping that if/when they make remakes, they'll be sequels rather than just remakes. But if they decide to go against that, hopefully they have more forced battles with Wally, and Brendan/May actually fully evolve their starters. . . xD

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Also, Emerald made more sense, because Team Magma had a base in a logical location for them, and them trying to blow up Mt. Chimney actually made sense, because their stupid excuse of "oh, we want to make more land" -- which makes so sense because Mt. Chimney is nowhere near the ocean -- was just to cover up the fact that Groudon was sleeping inside the mountain in Emerald, as opposed to under the ocean. And Kyogre and Groudon battling was more intense than just either of them sitting in a cave. :P

Personally, I'm hoping that if/when they make remakes, they'll be sequels rather than just remakes. But if they decide to go against that, hopefully they have more forced battles with Wally, and Brendan/May actually fully evolve their starters. . . xD

I think people would enjoy sequels a lot more, I know I would

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I think it would be the same story as Emerald but after the Rayquaza event in Sootopolis you have to
battle Groudon in the Ruby remake, Kyogre in the Sapphire remake, which will be in Cave of origin.

Also Steven as a champion then Wallace after the main storyline.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I think it would be cool if N and some of the sages were in the game. It was stated that N or the player was in unova during the events of BW 2 ( until N came back) also the players mom said the player was out looking for N.
N went out spreading truth and ideals in other places. Maybe one of those places could of been Hoen.
we know N was away from unova( why not hoen , to toe in the remakes in the gen 5 time line we know the sages are from different regions, I'm sure one of them could of been from hoen . Not all the sages were in unova in BW2 .

Also the memory link could be used for when N mentions the player in BW and BW 2 if he's rebattleable except without the legendary dragon.
Also it would be cool if we battle the main charecter from BW thru memory link it would know the name the sex and the starter pokemon.
You would fight his starter plus , his legendary dragon and a set team of hoen pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back