• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Astral Version

Jcool

Stellar
Years
Logo.fw_zpspcaswjco.png

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SCRATCH SPRITE AND ARE WILLING TO HELP DESIGN SOME FAKEMON/TRAINERS PLEASE PM ME.

INTRODUCTION

Spoiler:

BACKSTORY

Spoiler:

PLANNED FEATURES
Spoiler:

ALPHA 0.53 SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

Since I don't have much to offer at the moment, here is one of many songs out of the Pokemon Astral Soundtrack. Sound familiar to anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBkgxi1iC-w

Also not to crush anyone's hopes, but despite the space themes, no, you will not be travelling to another planet.

Last edited:
Years
This hack looks pretty good. Your story is very intriguing and I'm definitely excited about the fact that you're adding three regions in your hack.

RustboroCityMafia

Novice Hacker, Badge Designer
Years
Hey, your screenshots look like they have a LOAD of potential for the mystery-ish type approach yous eem to be taking (judging by the back story). The story itself sounds very interesting. I'm going to be following this hack

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Your mapping needs some work, there are a lot of empty areas. For example with this map:

Pokemon%20Astral%20Version1_zpsmfe7khkt.png

You can see there's a huge empty space around the house. Use some flowers (they should be in small bunches, not just by themselves), or some trees to add a bit of structure. That house doesn't look great either. It's pretty bland and very different from the other FR houses you're using.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 14, 2018
Name is sweet and the screenshots look nice. Good luck with this hack, looking forward to see it progress!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I believe this has a lot of mystery to it, which intrigues me so. I'll be lurking on this thread to see new posts and, perhaps, updates...

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Your mapping needs some work, there are a lot of empty areas. For example with this map:

Pokemon%20Astral%20Version1_zpsmfe7khkt.png

You can see there's a huge empty space around the house. Use some flowers (they should be in small bunches, not just by themselves), or some trees to add a bit of structure. That house doesn't look great either. It's pretty bland and very different from the other FR houses you're using.

Yes I agree. to fill it up more, try to add tiles with fallen tree branches on them,
and like chrunchy says, more trees. also don't be afraid to fill wild pokemon areas with a load of tall grass.
Stuff like lakes, rivers and dirtpaths shouldn't be missing too.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'm a bit surprised with how long you say you've been ROM hacking, and the work you show here.

I'm going to be honest and say there's a lot of room for improvement. You need to look over some mapping tutorials, and also share with us some screenshots involving your scripting abilities as insofar there are none.

I don't know whether you have or not, but it's important to create a document detailing your hack's canon. Major headings to flesh out include background, character biographies, a rough event flow, and details of events that progress the story. Just a thought.

Nevertheless, I really like the idea that you've presented for a story. I hope it can succeed as it has the potential to very well do so if executed right. Good luck!

Jcool

Stellar
Years
Thanks for all of the feedback so far. For some odd reason, many people who make Pokemon Rom Hacks jump all over the place with the parts of the game they are working on. Make a few maps, add a few new Pokemon, write the first few scripts, etc. and I'm assuming its their eagerness to post the game for the rest of the world to see. I feel like creating a hack with that mindset is setting the creator up for a lot of bugs, as it is a lot more parts of the hack to keep track of. I'm going to finish creating every map for the game first, then move onto adding new overworld sprites, and then scripting. I will try to post my progress in the future.

Back