• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I don't need hard numbers just team ideas. This is a Hypothetical team for when I get my Roster of Pokemon from BW2.

I'm thinking of a 3 man team based on Mega Aggron. Togekiss would be a great teammate becase they cover each other's weaknesses (double resist fight and immune to ground.) And Tokekiss is a little better on the special defence side than Mega Aggron. Togekiss also provides Wish Support to Mega Aggron.

How would the third man be, who would be the Lead pokemon? Neither of the other two are fast speced as sweepers, so Something Hyper Offensive with Great Speed.

The other two can take Dragon Attacks Very well. Maybe a Salamance?

Years
I'm currently IV breeding eevees since I'm building a Bold wish support vaporeon (probably with max HP EVs, lots of EVs in Sp. Def, and some in Sp. Atk).

My best eevee so far has The following spread:

30/22/31/31/7/31

I don't care about attack obviously, but what about that awful Sp. Def IV? Should I keep this eevee or keep trying? Does it really matter that much?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I don't need hard numbers just team ideas. This is a Hypothetical team for when I get my Roster of Pokemon from BW2.

I'm thinking of a 3 man team based on Mega Aggron. Togekiss would be a great teammate becase they cover each other's weaknesses (double resist fight and immune to ground.) And Tokekiss is a little better on the special defence side than Mega Aggron. Togekiss also provides Wish Support to Mega Aggron.

How would the third man be, who would be the Lead pokemon? Neither of the other two are fast speced as sweepers, so Something Hyper Offensive with Great Speed.

The other two can take Dragon Attacks Very well. Maybe a Salamance?
That sounds good, as Mega Aggron can take care of all the OU Ice-types I know of...
(which are only Mamoswine & Weavile that I know of.
Mamoswine can hit with super-effective Earthquake, but Mega Aggron has not only
Filter to reduce super-effectiveness & but also a INCREDIBLE Defense of 230.)

If you have one, Terrakion is a fearsome sweeper & it's STAB attacks will still all the
types for normal damage at least.
That the best other option I can think of...
If you'd like, I can do a little research for other speedy hard-hitters...

& I have some questions of my own...

Does Weakness Policy gets used up & can it work behind a Substitute, or
does a super-effective attack has to hit the pokemon directly?

Because I was thinking of this set for Yveltal:

Yveltal @ Weakness Policy
Mild/Hasty
32 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/226 Spe
-Substitute
-Dark Pulse
-Oblivion Wing
-Sucker Punch

The idea is to set up a Substitute not only to block status but also to be able to take a
super-effective attack safely so Weakness Policy has no problems activating.
Oblivion Wing is preferred over Hurricane so Yveltal can try to make more Substitutes.
Hopefully, the item doesn't get used up, but if it does, Sucker Punch could prevent
revenge kills so it doesn't get forced out & waste the sharply boosted Atk & Sp.Atk.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm currently IV breeding eevees since I'm building a Bold wish support vaporeon (probably with max HP EVs, lots of EVs in Sp. Def, and some in Sp. Atk).

My best eevee so far has The following spread:

30/22/31/31/7/31

I don't care about attack obviously, but what about that awful Sp. Def IV? Should I keep this eevee or keep trying? Does it really matter that much?

Keep trying.

Also, what's the point of a Bold nature when you're not even investing in Defense at all? The best spread is 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
I hope this is the right thread for it e.e

I have two Espeons and I am not sure which one I should keep...I don't have their moveset done yet, since I'm just wondering which one I would need to keep stats-wise

Both are males and have Synchronize Ability

1-Espeon : Lvl 40

Nature : Modest - Nods off a lot
Hp : 114
ATK : 58
DEF : 54
SP.ATK : 150
SP.DEF : 87
SPEED : 117

2-Espeon : Lvl 46

Nature : Naughty - Capable of taking hits
Hp : 121
ATK : 95
DEF : 76
SP.ATK : 130
SP.DEF : 93
SPEED : 123

The second one can be trained in Super training if needed, at least a little bit before it is Fully trained.
The first one cannot be trained any further in Super training, sadly

I don't know if they are both good or not, any opinion on which to keep can help ;v;
Thanks !

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I hope this is the right thread for it e.e

I have two Espeons and I am not sure which one I should keep...I don't have their moveset done yet, since I'm just wondering which one I would need to keep stats-wise

Both are males and have Synchronize Ability

1-Espeon : Lvl 40

Nature : Modest - Nods off a lot
Hp : 114
ATK : 58
DEF : 54
SP.ATK : 150
SP.DEF : 87
SPEED : 117

2-Espeon : Lvl 46

Nature : Naughty - Capable of taking hits
Hp : 121
ATK : 95
DEF : 76
SP.ATK : 130
SP.DEF : 93
SPEED : 123

The second one can be trained in Super training if needed, at least a little bit before it is Fully trained.
The first one cannot be trained any further in Super training, sadly

I don't know if they are both good or not, any opinion on which to keep can help ;v;
Thanks !
IVs for both would be really appreciated.

Anyways, I wouldn't keep either one, as Espeon's preferred nature is Timid and its ability must be Magic Bounce for it to be viable. Naughty won't cut it; Espeon doesn't specialize in physical moves, since its Attack is terrible. Modest may not cut it either; Espeon needs all the Speed it can get to outspeed whatever it needs to outspeed. With its current nature, both Espeon are outsped by Pokemon that have base 100-110 Speed with Timid, Jolly, Hasty and Naive natures.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2014
I have kind of a noob question. On Pokemon Showdown, am I understanding correctly that you just go on and pick your Mons and assign them moves and stats? Meaning that one could use Pokemon that haven't actually been caught and trained in-game?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have kind of a noob question. On Pokemon Showdown, am I understanding correctly that you just go on and pick your Mons and assign them moves and stats? Meaning that one could use Pokemon that haven't actually been caught and trained in-game?

It's a simulator, so virtually every Pokemon is available to use.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
when breeding do Ivs get passed on from the female parent?
Not just the female. The male also passes down IVs. That's common knowledge since Gen II.
That sounds good, as Mega Aggron can take care of all the OU Ice-types I know of...
(which are only Mamoswine & Weavile that I know of.
Mamoswine can hit with super-effective Earthquake, but Mega Aggron has not only
Filter to reduce super-effectiveness & but also a INCREDIBLE Defense of 230.)

If you have one, Terrakion is a fearsome sweeper & it's STAB attacks will still all the
types for normal damage at least.
That the best other option I can think of...
If you'd like, I can do a little research for other speedy hard-hitters...

& I have some questions of my own...

Does Weakness Policy gets used up & can it work behind a Substitute, or
does a super-effective attack has to hit the pokemon directly?

Because I was thinking of this set for Yveltal:

Yveltal @ Weakness Policy
Mild/Hasty
32 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/226 Spe
-Substitute
-Dark Pulse
-Oblivion Wing
-Sucker Punch

The idea is to set up a Substitute not only to block status but also to be able to take a
super-effective attack safely so Weakness Policy has no problems activating.
Oblivion Wing is preferred over Hurricane so Yveltal can try to make more Substitutes.
Hopefully, the item doesn't get used up, but if it does, Sucker Punch could prevent
revenge kills so it doesn't get forced out & waste the sharply boosted Atk & Sp.Atk.

Are you sure that Weakness Policy doesn't activate when a Sub is destroyed by a super effective hit?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Has anybody found/got multiple leftovers?

I hope I'm writing this in the correct thread if not somebody please redirect me........
Anyhow, I'm just wondering has anybody gotten more than one leftovers in the game other than the one on Route 12? Or is this the only one available WITHOUT using the Pick Up Method? IMO I think they should've had it available at the Battle Maison because most people like running it on multiple pokemon competitively (when no Item Clause exist). Just wondering if anybody knows another method to obtain them? Also I believe Snorlax doesn't have it when catching him, at least mine didn't...... So, does anybody have more than one?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What is the best setup for a Mega Scizor?

Mega Scizor:
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Roost
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/16 Atk/244 SDef
Item: Scizorite
Ability: Technician

It's the bulky Swords Dance Scizor from last generation, except that it has more bulk and power to work with.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Best nature and EV spread for Trevenant,Aromatisse and slurpuff?

Trevenant is a good bulky Grass Pokemon to fall back on. It's also a spinblocker that can beat Starmie:
-Wood Hammer/Horn Leech
-Shadow Claw/Phantom Force
-Will-o-Wisp
-Rest
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Natural Cure/Harvest

or
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Phantom Force
-Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest

Slurpuff's movepool is wide. Very wide, tbh:
-Wish
-Dazzling Gleam
-Aromatherapy/Toxic
-Flamethrower/Psychic/Surf
Nature: Modest/Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef (Modest) or 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef (Bold)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sweet Veil

or
-Calm Mind
-Dazzling Gleam
-Surf/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt
-Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Petaya Berry
Ability: Unburden

or
-Calm Mind
-Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball/Surf/Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower/Psychic
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk (Modest only) or 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Sweet Veil

Aromatisse is pretty much outclassed by Sylveon, IMO:
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power (Ground)/Psychic
-Aromatherapy
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I hope I'm writing this in the correct thread if not somebody please redirect me........
Anyhow, I'm just wondering has anybody gotten more than one leftovers in the game other than the one on Route 12? Or is this the only one available WITHOUT using the Pick Up Method? IMO I think they should've had it available at the Battle Maison because most people like running it on multiple pokemon competitively (when no Item Clause exist). Just wondering if anybody knows another method to obtain them? Also I believe Snorlax doesn't have it when catching him, at least mine didn't...... So, does anybody have more than one?

Available via Pick Up... a very HIGH level Pick Up user. And it's still 1% chance at level 100.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I'm planning a gen 6 rain dance team,

I am not sure what moveset I should have for a Drizzle Politoed,
and I am also planning a Lapras

Lapras @ Damp Rock (?)
Hydration. ?? Nature
?? EVs
Rain Dance
Rest
Freeze Dry
Surf

This way Lapras is has one move recovery, and full coverage against everything but Jynx and Shedinja which I don't think I will be seeing often. Freeze Dry is what is crucial - it's an egg move from aururos or something that is super effective to water types

WOuld anyone know any good evs/natures?

As well as the want a Politoed in this team, I plan an Acid Armour Baton Passing Vaporeon to a Cleric Blissey. I have a DD Dragonite I have planned for a late game sweeper, but I'm not sure if it is reliable enough

So that's about 5 Pokemon, would there be a good entry hazards/rapid spinner I could use in the rain? Or any other improvements?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm planning a gen 6 rain dance team,

I am not sure what moveset I should have for a Drizzle Politoed,
and I am also planning a Lapras

Lapras @ Damp Rock (?)
Hydration. ?? Nature
?? EVs
Rain Dance
Rest
Freeze Dry
Surf

This way Lapras is has one move recovery, and full coverage against everything but Jynx and Shedinja which I don't think I will be seeing often. Freeze Dry is what is crucial - it's an egg move from aururos or something that is super effective to water types

WOuld anyone know any good evs/natures?

As well as the want a Politoed in this team, I plan an Acid Armour Baton Passing Vaporeon to a Cleric Blissey. I have a DD Dragonite I have planned for a late game sweeper, but I'm not sure if it is reliable enough

So that's about 5 Pokemon, would there be a good entry hazards/rapid spinner I could use in the rain? Or any other improvements?
Politoed should use a bulky set from here on out because of the rain nerd:
-Scald
-Toxic
-Rest/Encore
-Sleep Talk/Perish Song/Protect
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Damp Rock/Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle

or
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Surf/Hidden Power (Grass)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle

Lapras should use a Modest nature with 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef from the looks of things.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
Whats the best moveset for Salamence?

I was thinking this:

Salamence @ Life orb
4HP/252 Attk/ 252 Speed
31/31/31/?/31/31
Intimidate

Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Protect/Zen Headbutt

EDIT: Nature is Jolly

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
OrbMence doesn't like Fire Fang or Zen Headbutt, as their damage output is too weak. Because of its high offenses and solid bulk, a mixed set-up movepool is best in this situation. Here's the set I recommend:

~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast/Hydro Pump

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back