• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
I re-started on my sapphire. I am at Lavaridge. I think my team could be better. But I have NEVER done a full team runthrough. I am gonna train and then battle Flannery. She'll be hard cuz I have Grovyle on my team, but once my Lunatone is leveled up, it'll be a good counter.

My team:
pkrs002.gif
Lv.27
Blade (F)
Mild
-Absorb
-Screech
-Leer
-Quick Attack

pkrs096.gif
Lv.27
Fatty (F)
Brave
-Sludge
-Body Slam
-Amnesia
-Yawn

pkrs125.gif
Lv.18
Crescent @Exp. Share
Relaxed
-Tackle
-Harden
-Rock Throw
-Confusion

Previous Member(s)-
pkrs068.gif
Lv.27
Sabre(F)
Serious
-Shock Wave
-Leer
-Detect
-Night Shade
(Was replaced by Crescent. Should I re-add her?)

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Well ever since my DS broke I've been playing Emerald (and kind of been ignoring my bug monotype challenge in Firered) and as I was making my way through the forest I encountered a shiny Taillow!.........and Stupid water gun (mudkip) got a critical hit and killed it. I haven't really played much pokemon since then.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 14, 2010
Restarted FireRed this morning. Chose a guy this time, named him Raigeki. Planning to get high leveled POKeMON to migrate into my POKeMON Pearl. Long way to go.
Currently at Viridian Forest, caught a Pikachu at lvl. 3, going to train that on Spearows and Pidgys for fast EXP. Current team:
Charmander Level 7
Pidgey Level 4
Metapod Level 7
Pikachu Level 3
Currently going to train Pidgey to about level 8. Then Pikachu so I can win against the water gym leader.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2011
Hi

right, im already part way through my journey and im currently at fuschia city gym, and its leader koga. therell be more text next time.

Spoiler:

thats a basic overview.will also do emerald another time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 14, 2010
Currently upto Fuschia City, went through the Safari Zone caught a hell of a lot of POKeMON, including a Dratini, which I plan on leveling and adding to my team by Saffron City Gym. Right now training my Pidgeotto to level 36, then its the training block for Charmeleon. Current team:

Pidgeotto (Falcon) lv. 35
Charmeleon lv. 33
Dugtrio lv. 30 (trained it myself from level 19 ^^)
Raichu lv. 32 (evolved at around level 30)
Butterfree lv. 35 (like come on, its a Butterfree with Aerial Ace)
Vaporeon lv. 32 (my cute mermaid buddy)

Next place to go, the Dojo in Saffron City to train up and be stronger. Then its the VS. Seeker then its Sliph Co.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2011
update and emerald

Hey, on leaf green, i defeated fuschia gym fairly easily. my kadabra was awesome as he levelled up and learned psychic!!! right now, im in silph co.

my current team:
Spoiler:

on emerald, im just catching pokemon and completing my hoenn pokedex by levelling up, got some good pokemon now

in my current team:
Spoiler:

i feel like restarting emerald.

DGexe

Taunter
Years
I beat the Elite Four on a newer playthrough of Sapphire. The current team is...

pkrs147.gif

Rebekah
Lv. 42
Insomnia
Lonely Nature
Holding: Spell Tag
•Night Shade
•Flash
•Will-O-Wisp
•Secret Power

pkrs122.gif

Chlorus
Lv 41
Natural Cure
Relaxed Nature
Holding: Quick Claw
•Fly
•Dragonbreath
•Dragon Dance
•Sing

pkrs011.gif

Loki
Lv 42
Intimidate
Jolly Nature
Holding: Amulet Coin
•Bite
•Shadow Ball
•Strength
•Dig

pkrs006.gif

Scorcher
Lv 43
Blaze
Mild Nature
Holding: Nothing
•Blaze Kick
•Cut
•Rock Smash
•Double Kick

pkrs031.gif

Regnorik
Lv 43
Trace
Calm Nature
•Psychic
•Thunderbolt
•Future Sight
•Teleport

pkrs198.gif

Posideon
Lv 48
Drizzle
Naive Nature
•Body Slam
•Surf
•Ice Beam
•Hydro Pump

It's oddly satisfying to pwn the E4 with underleveled teams. And no, I didn't use Kyogre all the way through. Type-advantages prevail over Legendary use-abuse.

Anyway, what shall we do now? ... Well, I guess I have a pokedex to complete. As usual, battles prevailed over the 'dex and it is severely underused...

Oh, and yes, I beat the Trickmaster's final trick. :3

EDIT

I just restarted Leaf Green due to it not being touched in ages and my going "WTF am I doing in this file...?"

Currently I'm in Viridian City, with the Pokedex in hand...

pkrs209.gif

Edurtle
Lv 6
Torrent
Gentle Nature
•Tackle
•Tailwhip

pkrs221.gif

Watson
Lv 7
Run Away
Serious Nature
•Tackle
•Tail Whip
•Bubble

pkrs218.gif

Athena
Lv 8
Keen Eye
Lonley Nature
•Tackle
•Sand Attack

pkrs212.gif

Butterpie
Lv 5
Sheild Dust
Serious Nature
•Tackle
•String Shot

pkrs215.gif

Beedra
Lv 6
Shield Dust
Quirky Nature
•Poison Sting
•String Shot

pkrs243.gif

Shiela
Lv 6
Vital Spirit
Relaxed Nature
•Scratch
•Leer
•Low Kick

I'm going to get everyone up to at least level 9 on my way to and during my trek through Viridian Forest-- in this playthrough, I intend to catch every catchable Pokemon in an area before I leave it for good. Pokedex, Professor Oak, I won't fail you this time!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2011
Decided

Right, ive decided to resart and pick torchic, then not to evovle him till he learns flamethrower, then evovle to combusken till he learns sky uppercut, then evolve to blaziken!!! thats all for now. what do u think to my plan?

limeyman

limeyman
Years
I loved my travels in hoenn and kanto and i am still on them I a long time on emerald going throught the game admiring the beauty of the surroundings with my lvl 70 pikachu and my 2 lvl 100 blaziken also i had my trusty absol lvl 58 which saved my blaziken in the battle frontier many a time (my mam took my game and restarted it lol I spent ages training them lol) I might also pick up leaf green and get my old charizard back (long since sold) but i hope to be on soon I still love them games after 11 years of playing the games and tcgs but i lost interest in the anime as i stopped playing the games. :-)

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Feburary 5th, 2010

Today, I went on a Pokemon Catching expidition for my Pokedex. A lot of electric types were to be had, such as Voltrob and Electrode and the pair of Magnets... A Krabby... an Aerodactyl and a Kabuto were revived to their living states...

But today just outside of Pallet Town, en route to Cinnabar, I met a most interesting sight...

A Tangela, female... I caught her and named her...

Bwwwaaaaah. Many laughs have been had since.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SO yeah, I went on a CATCHING ADVENTURE! today. I haven't faced Sabrina yet, but I wandered more of LG's map to catch MORE POKEYMANZ and got some laughs outta it. Today's been a good day.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2011
Here is my new team in emerald, im up in mauville but cant do watson :(

Spoiler:

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Here is my new team in emerald, im up in mauville but cant do watson :(

Spoiler:

Level up your Torchic to Combuskin... Because Blaziken has a High Atk... Not SP. ATK! :D

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
This isn't really traveling story (so small travelling)
I was hacking Pokémon game today, then I messed up one game, I had a copy, I checked it and it worked (good, I thought it's useless too). I played till I got my Charmander from Oak (I needed to go there because I messed my game as Type-Fire text dissappeared).
Then I checked is the type text there, it was but I was like WHOA! My Charmander was shiny!?
First time when I got shiny starter (never tried to get one).
This is my big story (travelled from own house to Oak's Lab...)
Now I have to just trade that Charmander to better game.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
So recently I started a new LeafGreen file. I essentially blazed through the game prior to the first Gym, and since I picked Bulbasaur, thar was easy too. Then, I caught an Adamant Nidoran male (I was training a Naive one when I encounterd it), and after getting out of Mt. Moon, an Adamant Sandshrew.

Once I bought some super potions, Misty was also easy, thanks to the newishly-evolved Lars (my now-Nidorino). Afterwards, I began leveling up Lykke the Sandshrew (she was kind of behind Lars for a while). Now, I'm just before Vermillion, and since I taught Lykke Dig, I suspect it will be an effortless win. :)

Trainer - Faye (female)

Team Stats:

Lykke (Sandshrew, female)
Adamant nature, Lv. 21

Lars (Nidorino)
Adamant Nature, Lv. 24

Trine (Meowth, female) - Pickup/HM slave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back