• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
coming back 2 pokemon after 10years i bought a box for ND pulled a mewtwo EX kyurem EX FAzekrom EX

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
Years
I bought a Black and White tin, got these:

4jkz1k.jpg

Then I bought a box of Next Destinies and got these:

whh1li.jpg

Overall I'm quite chuffed! I'm not sure if I'll buy another box, as I think it pretty much completed the set for me (except for Luxray Holo, few EXs and Full arts) so I was quite lucky!

I bought Kyurem EX and Shaymin EX off a trusted eBay seller for about £8 each, but the Mewtwo EX is like £40-50 at the moment! Madness. So I'll probably have to wait for that to come down, or buy a few booster packs.

I think I prefer the look of the EXs rather than the full art ones to be honest.

Rakiyo

Pokemon Master
Years
Bought two new next destines booster packs today, Pulled out a reverse holo Luxio and Simisear with my only real notable rare being a beartic. An Okay pull not the greatest but not the worst

Years
Just went to Florida, and found obvious counterfeit booster packs for 1 dollar a pack.

Bought a bunch, and this is what I got:

Mesprit - Lv. X
Mightyena
Spoink - x2
(Dull) Holo Crawdaunt
Drifblim
Metagross
Starmie
Anorith - x3
Exeggcute
Ledian
Lanturn - 1 holo, 3 regular
Beldum - x3
Poliwrath
Deoxys - x4
Holo Nidoking
Weepinbell
Machamp
Sneasel - x3
Tauros
Metang
Cradily
Mamoswine - x2
Riolu - x2
Gliscor
Gligar
Torkoa
Regirock
Spiritomb
Tyrogue
Castform
Yanmega
Floatzel Holo
Dratini
Crawdaunt
Regigigas
Rayquaza
Cresselia Holo

AND

1 trainer card - Energy Pickup

Lul.

Years
Just went to Florida, and found obvious counterfeit booster packs for 1 dollar a pack.

Bought a bunch, and this is what I got:

Mesprit - Lv. X
Mightyena
Spoink - x2
(Dull) Holo Crawdaunt
Drifblim
Metagross
Starmie
Anorith - x3
Exeggcute
Ledian
Lanturn - 1 holo, 3 regular
Beldum - x3
Poliwrath
Deoxys - x4
Holo Nidoking
Weepinbell
Machamp
Sneasel - x3
Tauros
Metang
Cradily
Mamoswine - x2
Riolu - x2
Gliscor
Gligar
Torkoa
Regirock
Spiritomb
Tyrogue
Castform
Yanmega
Floatzel Holo
Dratini
Crawdaunt
Regigigas
Rayquaza
Cresselia Holo

AND

1 trainer card - Energy Pickup

Lul.

What was the giveaway that they were fake? Because those are all actual cards and Pokemon.

Years
The fact that the font is different, the spacing on the font is screwed up, and the spelling errors from time to time.

What about the little accents over the "e" letters?

And a quick test would be to compare Mesprit Lv. X to this Mesprit Lv. X card (ignore the PokeGym water mark at the bottom and focus on the rest of the card):

displayimage.php

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I remember my friend buying me a booster pack with 2 Duckletts in it (my favorite Pokemon) and then I ended up giving her 2 Audinos in return! (her favorite Pokemon) :classic:

Years
That's a pretty nice swap there! The art on both of those cards is pretty nice.

Anyway, bought a Prime Challenge Box (had Espeon in it) and ended up pulling a Scizor Prime from one of the booster packs. And I also bought 2 Next Destinies boosters, but my best pull of those was the normal Reshiram, and I already have plenty of those from all the other versions of the card.

Rakiyo

Pokemon Master
Years
Bought myself two more ND booster packs with some spare change I had lying around, Ending up pulling a reverse holo lapras and elgyem with each pack having a double colorless. Have to say pretty happy with the pull though i was still hoping to get a mewtwo ex lol

Years
hey guys awesome pulls
i open packs on youtube actually wouldn't mind if a few of you checked it out! i also have a raffle goin on

Years
hey guys awesome pulls
i open packs on youtube actually wouldn't mind if a few of you checked it out! i also have a raffle goin on

It's kind of rude not to tell us what the raffle is for. And if you don't add in what the raffle is for in 24 hours, I WILL delete your post, since that then falls into the realm of advertising your channel, which is not allowed here.

Years
It's kind of rude not to tell us what the raffle is for. And if you don't add in what the raffle is for in 24 hours, I WILL delete your post, since that then falls into the realm of advertising your channel, which is not allowed here.

wait what? how am i advertising it. instead of posting what i pulled i have a video of it? okay...

Years
wait what? how am i advertising it. instead of posting what i pulled i have a video of it? okay...

It's advertising because you offhandedly mention you have a raffle going right now on your channel, but you neglect to mention what the raffle's prize is. When you don't mention what the raffle's prize is, you're being discourteous to the discussion forum you've mentioned it at by drawing discussion away from their site onto your channel just so people can find out what the raffle is about. Most other mods here would've deleted your post and banned you for joining to advertise without even giving you a chance to mention what the raffle is for.

Last edited:

Rakiyo

Pokemon Master
Years
Bought a victini tin today with some spare change i had and managed to pull a full art cobalion along with a few other good pulls though I have to say I was hoping for a Virizion full art instead

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
I haven't bought Pokemon cards in quite a while, but I got a single pack the other day (the newest set, I think) and got Regigigas Ex :shrug:

Years
Bought a victini tin today with some spare change i had and managed to pull a full art cobalion along with a few other good pulls though I have to say I was hoping for a Virizion full art instead

Any full art is better than no full art!

I haven't bought Pokemon cards in quite a while, but I got a single pack the other day (the newest set, I think) and got Regigigas Ex :shrug:

That's a ridiculously lucky pull for buying a single pack. The odds of getting an EX are quite low. You should sell that Regigigas EX before its value drops because people realize it isn't good for tournaments.

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
I ordered three boxes of the Japanese Dark Rush set and one of the four pack promo blisters just because (got them from Collector's Cache if you're interested). Here are the major pulls from each of them:

Blister:

3 holos (Venusaur, Volcorona, and Eelektross)
Tornadus EX

Box 1:

Raikou EX
Tornadus EX
Entei EX

Box 2:

Darkrai EX
Raikou EX
FA Raikou EX! (exactly what I was looking to get too, for obvious reasons)

Box 3:

Tornadus EX
Shiny Gardevoir!!

All in all, excellent pulls! I even posted a picture of the FA Raikou EX and shiny Gardvoir.

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I got a couple booster packs today and upon opening the first one I got a Ducklett. I was like
Spoiler:

I know that it's not super powerful or valuable, but it's my favorite Pokemon. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
The other day I bought a bunch of boxes/packs/tins and out of everything that i pulled, my favorite was a Holographic Cobalion from HS Unleashed.

I recently started a youtube channel and i made a video showing a ton of awesome pulls that i got from opening a bunch of stuff. If you decide to watch i hope you enjoy! =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back