• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
oh I'm very late but I would like to join
Username: Arbok
Favourate gen1: Too many to pick! But breifly, all the starters, magikarp-Gyarados, Ekans-Arbok, Butterfree, Rhyhorn, Dragonair line, Koffing-Weezing, Bellsprout line, machop line... I don't think I'm even half done yet...
Partner: Has to be Arbok.

Are there any Generation I Pokemon that you like, but feel have been forgotten with newer generations?
Primeape and Nidoking were my bros (although Primeape was a female). I also think we're loosing the awesome Psyduck and Pinser is becoming a rare sight as well. Once my Victreebel learned Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm in HG it was almost unbeatable and yet no one seems think it worth mentioning.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Pinsir had been a good Pokemon, but many bug-types today are far more superior than him. heracross for example could actually run the same with a pinsir set, and deal more damage. Forretress has a certain niche that it occupies, and Scizor is simply badass. Pinsir, due to these competitions, fails to really stand out in the area.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Spammy comments tell me I should start a new topic: Are there any Generation I Pokemon that you like, but feel have been forgotten with newer generations?

Parasect! I love love love Parasect but it's never even considered anymore ;; And Exeggcutor never gets a mention either! These two grass types can be amazing when used right but no one gives them a chance D: I think as people mentioned before, Pinsir has also gone pretty unnoticed. It really should got an evolution alongside Scyther imo; I'll never understand why Onix got it o.o I think Wigglytuff and Hypno have also gone kinda unnoticed... These are Pokemon I never see around anymore, but they really have potential D: Especially Hypno! Maybe we need to try getting some of these Pokemon back into circulation. :p

miltankRancher

Years
I agree with you on Onix. I really don't understand why he gets it. Steelix ain't that good of a Pokemon either.

Hypno! Bakc in my FR days, he was a beast!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Parasect! I love love love Parasect but it's never even considered anymore ;; And Exeggcutor never gets a mention either! These two grass types can be amazing when used right but no one gives them a chance D: I think as people mentioned before, Pinsir has also gone pretty unnoticed. It really should got an evolution alongside Scyther imo; I'll never understand why Onix got it o.o I think Wigglytuff and Hypno have also gone kinda unnoticed... These are Pokemon I never see around anymore, but they really have potential D: Especially Hypno! Maybe we need to try getting some of these Pokemon back into circulation. :p
Clefable, Butterfree, Beedrill, Raticate, Machamp, etc. The entire Generation one (Aside from the newer addition evolution into Generation 4) are becoming obsolete overall..it's a shame.

At first, when I saw Heracross. I, for sure, thought Pinsir was its evolution. No lie.

Hypno! Bakc in my FR days, he was a beast!
I've seen Alakazam used much more than Hypno...I never personally used Hypno though :\

miltankRancher

Years
I've seen Alakazam used much more than Hypno...I never personally used Hypno though :\

I was not planning on using Hypno either, but due to my (then) lack of trading partner, I resorted to the tapir. guess what? It's a beast!

Hypno
-Brick Break
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis

I think this was the run I used to use.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Are there any Generation I Pokemon that you like, but feel have been forgotten with newer generations?
Of course! Remember the Pokemon below?
53.gif
76.gif
103.gif
124.gif
128.gif
131.gif

These Pokemon were once great OU Pokemon, but unfortunately they have fallen into obscurity in the newer generations. Tauros, Lapras, and Exeggutor got a great new ability in the Dream World, so they need another chance, but most people just don't give it to them :(

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years

Electabuzz and Magmar are two good ones, simply because of the creation of Electivire and Magmortar, I also feel that Weezing has been a bit forgotten aswell.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
OK, I've updated everything. Welcome to our new members! earth boy, if you want to join, please post a filled-out sign up form. ;)

New topic: In the original games, did you often find yourself using Pokemon that you now know are actually rather weak compared to others?
Oh, all the time for me! I often used Pikachu quite a bit, not knowing it was weak. In fact, I had this belief that Pikachu was stronger than many other Electric-types, mainly because of the anime. I also often used unevolved forms so that they learned moves early, being completely oblivious to the fact that they have weaker stats. I liked that about Gen I; I didn't care about stats or anything, I just used Pokemon I liked.

Years
In the original games, did you often find yourself using Pokemon that you now know are actually rather weak compared to others?
Oh yes, i used only my favorite pokémon (In that time it was Pikachu) but that was really bad choice. This topic reminds the day, when i won lvl. 40 pokemon with my 19lvl Pokemon.

EB

Re: World
Years
earth boy, if you want to join, please post a filled-out sign up form. ;)

Oh, my apologies! =o

Username: earth boy
Favorite Generation 1 Pokémon: Tauros, Parasect, and Articuno x]
Partner Pokémon: TAUROS <3

Indigo Plateau is pro.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years

New topic: In the original games, did you often find yourself using Pokemon that you now know are actually rather weak compared to others?

Oh yeah. I used a Raticate once, simply because I like the way Hyper fang and Super Fang sounds (this is in FR).

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Earth Boy, you're missing something from your join post. Please fix it according to the rules, thanks. ;)

I would like to point something out. Now, we did get 3rd place in February's Club of the Month. But, AlexOzzyCake told me in the Pokemon Clubs IRC Chat that up until about 1 hour before the results were posted, we were in first place. It just took a couple of votes, and we were knocked into third place. Now, I've entered in the March Club of the Month contest. Let's do our best to make this the best club we can make it! Also, we are number 4 in Pokemon Clubs for number of replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Wasn't it the case that all Generation 1 Pokemon were weaker compare to today's time? lol

I'd have to go with Chansey. Chansey is actually very easy to knock out today than it was back then. Kangaskhan, Lapras I found the two pretty scary to face against. Now? It's like they are losing their strengths :(
Oh yeah. I used a Raticate once, simply because I like the way Hyper fang and Super Fang sounds (this is in FR).
I'd rather use Rattata. Just kidding. I always thought these guys were extremely weaker. Even weaker than those of Linoone and Furret!
Earth Boy, you're missing something from your join post. Please fix it according to the rules, thanks. ;)

I would like to point something out. Now, we did get 3rd place in February's Club of the Month. But, AlexOzzyCake told me in the Pokemon Clubs IRC Chat that up until about 1 hour before the results were posted, we were in first place. It just took a couple of votes, and we were knocked into third place. Now, I've entered in the March Club of the Month contest. Let's do our best to make this the best club we can make it! Also, we are number 4 in Pokemon Clubs for number of replies.
It was a great battle for the Inaugural CotM winner. 'So close yet so far.' Congrats on getting 3rd, or what you called it, 'Honorable Mention.' But your club will get its turn to shine, soon ;)

EB

Re: World
Years

Wow, I actually remember reading that when I first started posting but completely forgot about it. x]

There we go!

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Right now, Rattata family could be considered as one of the weakest around. i mean, do anybody still use it?
Youngster Joey?
Hyperfang actually scared me. I rarely used Rattata but when I was against them I feared hyperfang as a strong move.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
deoxys121, can I have a Starmie without a nickname as a partner in addition to my Raichu and Gengar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back