• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello there!

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
Hello everyone! My name is Viktor, I am 17 years old, and I am, currently, living in the UK, but I'm russian. I've played a few games before, my first one being Gold. I then started to play the other games, like Red, Emerald, Diamond and Black; Maybe I will purchase Black 2 / White 2 soon.

My favorite game of them is Emerald; It was one that I actually liked alot, not only for introducing natures and abilities, but also for introducing one of my favorite Pokémon, Metagross. My favorite Pokémon though is Golurk (as seen in my name and picture). It was my very first Shiny Pokémon (as a Golett), it I've kept it ever since. I kind of made it stay about 3-4 levels above everyone else, even my starter! I'm no expert though.

Years
Hello everyone! My name is Viktor, I am 17 years old, and I am, currently, living in the UK, but I'm russian. I've played a few games before, my first one being Gold. I then started to play the other games, like Red, Emerald, Diamond and Black; Maybe I will purchase Black 2 / White 2 soon.

My favorite game of them is Emerald; It was one that I actually liked alot, not only for introducing natures and abilities, but also for introducing one of my favorite Pokémon, Metagross. My favorite Pokémon though is Golurk (as seen in my name and picture). It was my very first Shiny Pokémon (as a Golett), it I've kept it ever since. I kind of made it stay about 3-4 levels above everyone else, even my starter! I'm no expert though.

Hi Viktor, welcome to PC.

We actually have an admin here whose real name is similar to yours.

Anyways, I'm Hikari and I'm one of the friendly ones here. (And one of my PC Pairs liekz Golurkz too so I might have to introduce you to him someday) I've been into Pokemon for 13 years and it still gets me motivated, motivated enough to not even consider quitting (trust me, we do have a few users aged 20+ on the forum). And I liek Oshawottz too, cos they are adorably cute.

Since you're into the Pokemon games, why not give these two sections a visit? They should get you covered. Also, a good place for new users to start is the PC Adoption Center where you can sign a simple form to seek a mentor.

If you ever need to chat, I'm always open for any VMs on my beautiful profile.

- Hikari10

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Welcome to PokéCommunity, Viktor!

I go by the username of Eeveon, but you can call me Michael! I've been a fan of the Pokémon franchise myself for several years. My first legit shiny Pokémon happened to be a Mightyena in Emerald version! And also, I don't know if you can tell, but my favorite Pokémon is Eevee! Metagross is an awesome Pokémon! Golurk seems like one too, but I haven't had the privilege of using one yet. ;(

Anyway, if you ever feel like having a little chat, you can always drop by and leave a visitor message! on my profile! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here on the forums!

Cid

Years
You're one of the few new members I've seen who use the 'é' character in writing Pokémon. I give you two thumbs up for that, because I make it a point to do that too. :D Oh and cool, we're about the same age! Gold was one of my first games too, although Yellow and Blue came before that in my case. We're pretty much in the same situation. Like you, I'm still lacking Black 2/White 2. ):

I loved the third generation, too. It introduced us to great Pokémon like the Wailmer line, the Bagon line and the Beldum line. I mean you really have a point, I love Metagross so much that I'd choose it over other pseudolegendaries. And you're really lucky to get a shiny Golett for your first one! Mine was a Pidgey back in Crystal, so I don't think it compares well, haha.

Anyway, welcome to one of the best forums there is, Viktor. Hikari directed you to good places to check out, although I hope you make it a point to read some of the stickies of those sections, as well as the forum-wide rules, so that you'll quickly get a hang of posting. I assure you it will help make the ride a lot smoother. Just stay as active as you can, and have a great time. Oh and if ever you wanted to talk over a nice cup of coffee, just leave me a VM. :)

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
Thanks Hikari, I will check those sections out. I agree, Oshawottz are adorably cute.

Thank you Michael! Golurk is a great Pokémon to use. Iron Fist, punch-moves, and it's 124 base attack can do some damage!

Thanks Cid! I will also check the forum rules: I should probably look into that first.

Last edited:
Years
Hi and welcome!

I agree, Golurk is awesome! My first shiny was a golett too, butI don't have it any more (and it had Klutz, so I didn't really use it) However, I'm going to try and get another one soon. ;)

Once again, welcome to the forum, and I hope to see you around! If you want to chat, feel free to VM me! :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Hullo hullo hullo! I love how you explained why you liked your Pokemon! While mine is completely random and indescribable. You know, the 3rd gen is my favorite! So I like Emerald too! :) Anyways, nice to meet you!

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
Thank you rizoph! Nice to meet you too!

And, to be honest, Golett was actually the first Shiny Pokémon that I caught; I have found a Shiny Voltorb in Emerald, but unfortunatly, it used Selfdestruct. I was sad, because I didn't even get the chance to catch it. :/

Years
Hey there, Viktor! Welcome to PC, it's really good to meet you. :3 I'm Cirno.

Oh, you're Russian? So am I, actually! I was born there, in fact, and moved to the US at the age of seven haha. That's really quite cool; very rarely do I run into Russian people besides myself, honestly! Looks like we already have something in common. :D

I'd definitely recommend purchasing Black 2 or White 2 (or both!) since they were really wonderful games. The previous Pokemon games were great too, though, as the franchise is just addicting in general. Metagross and Golurk are both great Pokemon, though I admit I was quite surprised to find out Golurk could learn Fly, admittedly. But after seeing him fly in the anime, I realized it actually made sense aha!

So yeah, enjoy yourself here, yes? We have sections for pretty much everything on PC and plenty of people to meet, so you'll undoubtedly enjoy your stay here. Feel free to contact me if you need help, as well~! <3

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
Welcome to PC!

I hope you enjoy your time spent here :D

Thanks Critx! I sure will!

Hey there, Viktor! Welcome to PC, it's really good to meet you. :3 I'm Cirno.

Oh, you're Russian? So am I, actually! I was born there, in fact, and moved to the US at the age of seven haha. That's really quite cool; very rarely do I run into Russian people besides myself, honestly! Looks like we already have something in common. :D

I'd definitely recommend purchasing Black 2 or White 2 (or both!) since they were really wonderful games. The previous Pokemon games were great too, though, as the franchise is just addicting in general. Metagross and Golurk are both great Pokemon, though I admit I was quite surprised to find out Golurk could learn Fly, admittedly. But after seeing him fly in the anime, I realized it actually made sense aha!

So yeah, enjoy yourself here, yes? We have sections for pretty much everything on PC and plenty of people to meet, so you'll undoubtedly enjoy your stay here. Feel free to contact me if you need help, as well~! <3

Thank you Cirno! So you are russian as well? That's incredible, honestly, I have the same situation you have: I barely run into other russian people myself!

Hopefully, I'll be able to buy Black 2 (Or White 2, maybe both, like you said) in the next few weeks.

I will most definitly enjoy being here! Everyone here is very nice and kind!

Although, I will admit. I am kind of new to foruming (Is that how it's spelled?), so I'm sorry if I post anything unrelated to the thread it was posted to. :S

SkullKing

Nope
Years
Welcome to PC, Viktor!!! ^u^

Golurk is a sweet Pokemon, I used one in White. I hope you pick up BW2 some time, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Anyway, looking forward to see you around the forums!

Years
Hey Viktor (awesome name by the way). I'm also from the UK. Ooo you're Russian, that instantly makes you a badass. My first Shiny in B/W was a Deino and Hydreigon is my favourite Pokemon. Man I think I maxed the clock out on Emerald, I played it a tonne, really loved that game. Anyway, enjoy your stay here and have fun.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014

Hey there Viktor and welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here on PC, the members are friendly and the topics are always hot with discussion. As for your first shiny!!! A GOLETT! THATS AWESOME! My first was a Graveller in Platinum Version. Evolving it into a shiny Golurk must have been a great moment!

Now you say your no expert, if you wanted to better your team and competitive game play I'd suggest checking out Smogon Strategy Pokedex, it helped me a lot! Or post in the Competitive Team Help/In-Game Help Forum on Pokemon Community.

Anyway welcome again and good luck on getting Pokemon black 2 or white 2, or even both XD!

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2012
it's really nice to see you here, I really hope you'll enjoy your experience here and we all hope to have fun with you, I'm sure of it :-)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012

Hi there,
My favorite pokemon game ever is Emerald as well. My favorite pokemon from that game (excluding legendary) would probably have to be Aggron, just because he helped me through a lot of tough battles.
I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Back