• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
No prob. But can you release the demo? I think its un fair if we cant get it cause no one posts. Please?

Yeah thats true, you said by the end of the week and you came back earlier. At least post some new screenies.

I really isn't fair to the people that tried...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
You guys are being extremely selfish, the guy just got out of surgery and you're asking for the demo!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Looking good! Hope you get well soon, because this looks like a great Game!

Waudby

I will have something more for you guys soon.

I've been working on the item systems today having a few problems with menus and what not.

Progress is being made, but being slowed down by my recovery routine :@

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, I'm glad u got out of the hospital A oK! ^^
Well, can't wait to see more updates.
GL, and get better soon! ^^

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
I will have something more for you guys soon.

I've been working on the item systems today having a few problems with menus and what not.

Progress is being made, but being slowed down by my recovery routine :@

Finally, thank you for returning. And I hope you are recovering well.

@ heatran: You guys are being extremely selfish, the guy just got out of surgery and you're asking for the demo!

No were not.

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
Years
Good luck And hope you recover faster! ( This is also better than most hacks in the showcase! ) And to cuttyflam: Heatren is right! Whoever asked for the demo savagely is selfish. You know who you are! Waudby is still recovering! Anyways good luck.

Waudby

You guys are being extremely selfish, the guy just got out of surgery and you're asking for the demo!

I don't mind them being selfish, i did promise them a demo but they will need to wait :P

good game but why start with jhoto starters and not kanto,hoenn or sinnoh starters.

There is a reason for this...

The Everglade region, was rich with pokemon from other regions, however there was a servere flood and a lot of the pokemon from the region either fled or drowned.

Now, 10 years later on, the Pokemon numbers are slowly returning to what they used to be. However there are still some pokémon which haven't returned.

The Johto starters are in this list amongst a few more from the other regions, part of the task in this game will be to help bring back the pokemon which are missing, you will be able to travel to the other regions (hopefully - i may limit this to one official region and limitless amounts of my own made regions) to bring back certain pokemon for breeding, after this pokemon is brought back and a certain amount of time has passed, you will see them appear in routes and seas in the Everglade region.

Most of the Pokémon you will be asked to go and bring back will be at the very beginning of their evolution chain, and as such, their evolutions will only be available after bringing them back.
Players will not be required to 'capture' these Pokémon but rather they will be given to the player and sent back to the Everglade region from some important people.
There are also some these people who you will need to approach in the Everglade region as they leave very secluded and so they may have Pokémon which fled the region that you can use to bring back.

Ideas

I am thinking about adding a few new mini games to the game perhaps some sort of racing mini game, and maybe a few others.

I was also thinking of ridding the game of Pokémon Contests, I personally would favour something new over these as I never really took much interested in them in the official games.
Because I am using Sphere, I could always make an add on pack that featured a new town where contests could take place.

On this same note, there will be places on the game which you will not be able to visit until I release the updated package, this will not alter your game playing experience at all, it will still be possible to finish the game, however it will add new areas to the game after the player has completed the game as I always thought that once you had seen the ending credits the game play value went sharply down.

Update

Now I know I promise a demo soon, I think I still have about 50posts till the time frame I set myself runs out.
You will be glad to know that I have now very nearly completed the Items system.

Next Week, or maybe Friday of this week, a demo candidate will be sent to a friend of mine to test out, depending on the outcome of this test, the demo will or will not be classed as "ready" for release.
This however does not mean I will just release the demo there and then. Depending on the work I can get done between now and then, they may be a new area or new feature added in.

Screenshots

screenshot200806161756360566.png

Just to show off the Bag system, I know that the graphics aren't right for the background, I have the correct ones now made however.

Sorry for the Wall of Text in this post, but I'm glad that I've sorted a few things out have perhaps given a few things for people to discuss.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Nice backstory there. Thanks for sharing it man.
Looking forward to the demo alot, so hopefully it will be bug free and ready to post.

Waudby

Hopefully people will take the time to read the back story that I have written.

There will be a big emphasise on it in the game so it's best to understand.

I am going to rewrite the story for the demo, it won't involved much changing because a lot of it is exclusive of other parts, and then they all come together,

I will post an update version as soon as it's ready.

Any ideas that people would like to see put in? I'm open for suggestions.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2008
Hey i like it that you combined a mixture of the regions together. You know Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto, and Hoen. Looks really good. Also i know this is a stupid question but, how do you play hacks?

Waudby

I've updated the first post, it now has a new look.

I have posted a very extensive back story which gives out a few hints to what the game might contain in the first storyline.

Well, post you comments about it.

Waudby

Come on people post, stop being lazy and read the story that I have written in the first post.

Also if the thread gets to 270 posts, I will reveal a special extra I have included into the demo for all you G/S/C fans :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back