• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I hope this means we will get more info on Mewtwo's backstory in Gen 6. There was a thread about that kind of thing here a while ago, with a lot of non-believers. I'm glad to see this happening, though. It's looking like gen 6 will be focusing on genetics to some extent at this point. I do wish there was more information or gameplay though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Mewtwo is the first Pokémon to get a Signature move outside of it's generation too...seems like Mewtwo is the only Pokémon who seems to get things outside it's generation that doesn't evolve...

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!NROPIHidnlghiOwhobg klsjpvjlbhseogfl

I hate you Game Freak.

Was its name announced?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
The new forme looks... odd, but somewhat cool. I think I'll like it, even though it seems like something straight from an ephemeral subgenre.

edit: You guys knock him far too fast. Everyone did the same thing to Oshawott, then everyone loved him. We've done it to Froakie and already some of the old haters are liking his appearance. Just give it some time.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It only 'ruins it' because it's a new forme to a classic Pokemon. Again, people will grow to love the forme and the original separate from each other, as Mewtwo is still Mewtwo! XD

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Hahaha loving all the nostalgia crooks saying they'll quit Pokémon.

It doesn't look bad. In fact, it looks better than the scans! And I totally like the prospect of Mewtwo getting a new form. The game has evolved, and other powerhouses surfaced. Mewtwo the original is still powerful, but a new form might be what it needs to be KING again!

Years
I think the same, don't know why it's getting hate, guess it's Nostalgia. I may have joined the based with Gen 3 but I don't think I'll be angry if they ever gave the Latis, or Groudon, and Kyogre formes. I sort of want Groudon to get one so that they can give it fire as a typing :3

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I concur with the idea of 'Mewthree.' It fits the trend of the Mew names and what else could it possibly be? Then again, it is just a forme so it could have something completely different!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hahaha loving all the nostalgia crooks saying they'll quit Pokémon.

It doesn't look bad. In fact, it looks better than the scans! And I totally like the prospect of Mewtwo getting a new form. The game has evolved, and other powerhouses surfaced. Mewtwo the original is still powerful, but a new form might be what it needs to be KING again!

Eh....they most likely will only redistribute its stats. It'll still be 3rd highest and possibility of them messing him up by taking away his incredible special stat is pretty high.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I imagine Speed and Special Defense will get some sort of tremendous gain, if there's any stat boosts. That thing looks like it levitates and can move extremely fast.

edit: Special Attack, too, of course!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Eh....they most likely will only redistribute its stats. It'll still be 3rd highest and possibility of them messing him up by taking away his incredible special stat is pretty high.

A different stat distribution might make him more effective in the metagame. And it also could be gaining a new type, who knows.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
We got one reveal... wow, that was really anti-climactic. I was expecting something about the games, not just that Mewtwo forme reveal. :s

Years
Pokémon.com makes it sound as if it may not be Mewtwo after all...but Mewthree from the way they're calling it a Pokémon that resembles Mewtwo but isn't quite the same...of course this could also mean it's a more powerful forme as it's stronger than before.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Maybe it's Mewthree and it has to do with someone trying to genetically splice Mewtwo and Mew's genes back together, but yet another malfunction caused Mewthree to be born instead? I don't know, something cool like that. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back