• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ouch, Black 1 is the only gen 5 game I don't have >.>

To make things easier for you, there's a girl in Accumula who's willing to trade her Alakazam for a Hippowdon. But here's the catch: she'll ask for an Excadrill in return for her Ambipom first. After that trade, you have to battle her before she asks for the Hippowdon.

(this applies in B2/W2 only)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
To make this interesting, I have some Kyurem related questions.

If you fuse Kyurem with either Reshiram or Zekrom, does their EV or IV matter at all?
To make this more clear: After fusion, will a Reshiram or Zekrom with high EV or IV pass on to the fused Pokemon? Or will the EV and IV matter to only Kyurem? If I do any EV training to White/Black Kyurem, then unfused them, will it lose the EV gained?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
To make this interesting, I have some Kyurem related questions.

If you fuse Kyurem with either Reshiram or Zekrom, does their EV or IV matter at all?
To make this more clear: After fusion, will a Reshiram or Zekrom with high EV or IV pass on to the fused Pokemon? Or will the EV and IV matter to only Kyurem? If I do any EV training to White/Black Kyurem, then unfused them, will it lose the EV gained?

I think only Kyurem holds the EVs.It holds the items,moves,name of the Kyuerem and not Reshiram/Zekrom after all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I think only Kyurem holds the EVs.It holds the items,moves,name of the Kyuerem and not Reshiram/Zekrom after all.

You are right, both Zekrom and Reshiram grant Kyurem their respective signature ability and moves. Also grant Kyurem an ability to change his individual stats but that's all.

In other words if Kyurem was EV trained before, then Kyurem will continue to adapt that EV.
Vice versa, if Kyurem was EV trained in his Fuse Forms, the EV gained will all go to Kyurem. While Reshiram and Zekrom receiving none.

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Is there a way to speed up daily events? Like the fossils, because I am trying to get Cranidos today.(3DS)

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Is there a way to speed up daily events? Like the fossils, because I am trying to get Cranidos today.(3DS)

If you really need one, don't try to reset your DS clock, like Jay said.
If you have Wi-Fi and desperately need one for your team or Pokedex,
you may go to the Quick Trade Thread, make a request so other members will trade if they are interested.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I really don't know how to use many pokemon I like.

Example: Gardevior (spelling?)

This pokemon has nice special attack/special defense stats, but lacks defense, HP, and speed. I fear that this Pokemon can't properly defend itself, and makes an easy target for other Pokemon competitively.

Any advice?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years

This pokemon has nice special attack/special defense stats, but lacks defense, HP, and speed. I fear that this Pokemon can't properly defend itself, and makes an easy target for other Pokemon competitively.

Any advice?

I think that Battle Center should be a more appropriate place for that question.
Also ask for other pokemon you like there or check there learnset at Smogon and make your own sets.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Any advice?

Play Gardevoir to its strengths, like its high Special Attack and access to Trace. Otherwise, other Psychic Pokemon can do its jobs better (Jynx is faster and has access to Lovely Kiss, while Musharna and Reuniclus is bulkier, Alakazam is stronger and faster, etc.):
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Focus Blast
-Destiny Bond
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Trace

or
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt/Signal Beam
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Memento
-Psychic/Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Light Clay

or
-Substitute
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Trick/Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

Edit: see Jaytheking's post.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I keep hearing about a "smogon server"

If it's being used in-game and not on a Smogon server, shouldn't it be fine to use Sand Veil?

What is a Smogon server, and why is it important to Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back