• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Metallic Silver

What do you think of this game?

• Great

Votes: 119 59.5%
  • Good

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • Ok

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionic

God of nothing
Years
Making a game like this requires a lot of scripting knowledge, look for some Rpg maker community sites to start learning.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Why isn't there an "Wow... O_O" option present in the poll? D: Seriously, I love everything about this game. The maps are simple and beautiful, the fakemon are awesome, and I love the story. I just hate the fact that it's so similar to mine, though. ^_^"

I'm downloading the demo right about now. Ah, and for some reason, the Support Banners aren't showing up. Can you host it somewhere else? I really want to put it in my siggy. Any place except imageshack. :P

EDIT: Alright, I'm playing it right now. Here is a list of bugs that I've found so far:

1. When your mom comes to give you the PokéGear, she goes back and stands one tile ahead of the chair. I don't know whether this is intentional, but it looks weird.
  2. The assistant's sprite disappears before the teleport to that cave place where that green-haired person captures Lugia. Also, it looks a bit odd, so I'd suggest tinting the screen black before the teleport and tinting it back once the teleport is completed.
  3. When the assistant gives you six pokeballs, the dialog says "Playername found one POKéBALL". Make it "received one Pokeball" or something.
  4. Eh.png
    Also, I can walk on the tile on right side, but not the one on the left. Strange.
  5. Eh2.png
  6. Farfetch'd's Pokemon data has a spelling mistake. "This POKMON occasionally fights with others over choice sticks."
Yep, I've only played till that point so far. I'll tell you more bugs as I progress.

Last edited:

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I can see by those screenshots that you are playing a very old demo. Newer versions don't have any of those bugs.

The main giveaway that tells me it's old is that is doesn't have the new tiles.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Well, I downloaded the latest one that's on the front page. Wait, it's: Pokemon: Metallic Silver Demo 2.2 Preview 3. And as far as I can see, that's the only download link that's provided. :P

Sorry, my bad. I haven't updated the link to the demo in a while.

I updated the link, have fun with the new demo.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I am glad that this game is going so well. I enjoy that my ol' Golden Heights stuff went to such a wonderful game and that people like the tiles. Good luck mate I look forward to seeing some updates, I haven't seen much of the game here lately and I am anticipating some new screenies. Good luck.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Alright, I found a bug. After your rival battles you, he says something about not being prepared, and then just disappears into thin air. That really seems weird.

EDIT: Another bug; the officer doesn't know your rival's name, and then the "..." thing comes, after which he says "Oh! His name was Kamon!". This is kind of strange, considering that Kamon never really told you his name when you encountered him. Even the trainer name was "???".

PS: I'm not pointing out grammatical mistakes. I'll leave that to somebody else.

EDIT 2: Another bug:
wut.png

grrr.png

I'm TEH kinG of TEh WORldz!11oneoneone

Edit: Aww crap. Now I'm stuck here. Some place in violet automatically teleported me into some mega mart, and I came out into *gasp* this place. And now I'm stuck here! D:

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i have a question... how do youuse rmxp with pokemon? i dont get it at all

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
i have a question... how do youuse rmxp with pokemon? i dont get it at all

That's not something you should be asking in my thread, Please don't Spam...

Anyway, I'll be looking at those bugs and I will fix them. Hopefully I can get more stuff added into the game tonight and finally complete everything after Azalea Town and before Olivine City.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I'm still working on this. Updating the thread isn't as high of a priority as working on the game.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
My site has it's Bandwidth Limit Exceeded. (Too many people visiting)

I'll upload the demo to another site and post it in the first post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back