• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Villainous Team Speculation!

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Or maybe N could actually be on this team. Like idk if it'd be that crazy if older characters were actually important roles in these teams but given that N is all for Pokemon being free and this concerns genetics, he could be... a spy in a way? And we could learn about Unova's historyyy.

now your talking! they should reaveal that he is a zoroark after all. maybe one that was experimented on by the team and as result, decided that humans are all cruel and should be separated from pokemon. maybe this could be in between black and black 2. that one year that we never saw.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
now your talking! they should reaveal that he is a zoroark after all. maybe one that was experimented on by the team and as result, decided that humans are all cruel and should be separated from pokemon. maybe this could be in between black and black 2. that one year that we never saw.

idek about the revealing Zoroark part. I guess he could be finding his way in this region before returning to Unova, secretly trying to take down this organisation all the while getting dirt on Plasma. Could work I guess??

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was just thinking today it would be really nice if they had two teams again like in the 3rd gen. Maybe even three just to make it even more interesting and unpredictable. If they can't shake up the usual story they could at least add more bad guys.

I would love if they had three evil teams all based on a different European Culture.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well,I've been thinking - I've kind of liked Team Plasma, because they went beyond the need to rule the world - they wanted to "save" it at first; well, the pokemon, that is, but as their development went on, yeaaah they went back to the classic villain methods. With this villain team, I do at least hope they go beyond the need to rule over pokemon or rule/destroy the world.

I think its this reason why most people love Team Rocket the most, beyond the nostalgia glasses. Taking into account gamestates prior to the MC's involvement, Team Rocket basically owns Kanto. It's a region wide mafia and people are legitimately scared of them, the police force knows of them yet still can't do a thing to stop them. They had some sort of presence in most of eastern Kanto, Vermilion and Fushia being noticeable exceptions, and has business such as the Game Corner and of course the Viridian Gym under its control. Their goal was simple: make money and get strongmons and here's the thing, until you came along it was working.

If we discount Emerald then the only thing that Team Magma/Aqua did that the population of Hoenn would've had an idea about was the stealing of the submarine in Slateport and the takeover of the Weather institute. I think the problem with every team bar Team Rocket (and you can make a case for Team Plasma too) is that it's entirely possible that the Main Character saw their growth from their beginnings as a little group, to big bad legendary mon controllers, and beat them over the course of their journey, which actually puts you on an even footing with them. You feel that you can beat them easily. With Team Rocket it's more of an uphill struggle because of the dominance they've already established (and their determination if you look at G/S/C) so it feels more fun to play?

Well, my point in, I would like to see more incorporated fear and development within these new villain teams; like a struggle of courage should be expected at first.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I felt more of a stuggle of courage against Plasma than Team Rocket to be honest...
However a criminal based group would be nice to see, now if only this were Italy we'll have a greater case, but than again none of the evil groups have ever matched their region's theme except for possibly Rocket which are based on the Yakuza.
Perhaps the evil group is like a evil foil to Cynthia, having a love of history but for the desire to use it to create their own desired future...

Firestorm1

Freezing Flame
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I would love to see a Ninja team. I'm not sure what they would be called, but ninjas are awesome. Their goal, however, would be implanting chips on certain Pokemon to become evil and work for them.

Don't judge me, it's the best I got lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would love to see a Ninja team. I'm not sure what they would be called, but ninjas are awesome. Their goal, however, would be implanting chips on certain Pokemon to become evil and work for them.

Don't judge me, it's the best I got lol.

Well I think they'll probably try to make Pokemon evil somehow. Not sure why, but I just feel like Colloseum's storyline will somehow influence these games a little. :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2022
The team should have something to do with DNA. Y'know, 'cause the games are named after chromosomes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
I really want them to put team galactic back in somehow. Not sure how, but i just do...they made platinum end and it should continue mixed with team plasma somehow maybe?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i have a feeling it's going to be all the previous teams combined

That'd certainly be a lot of different ideas though. I mean it'd make the ultimate villainous team but idea-wise it could be a little messy. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps Cyrus would return in this game, with ideas of creating the ultimate pokemon using genetics...perhaps he teams up with Giovanni and Ghetsis too (Maxie and Archie aren't included as the honestly gave up on their goals), plus it'll make some sense seeing how Sinnoh was influence by real life france some what (I know it's based land wise on Hokkaido btw).

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
i have a feeling it's going to be all the previous teams combined

Buuut don't forget that some of the villainous teams have their ideas contradict with one another. D= Like Team Aqua vs Team Magma - Aqua wants more Sea, Magma wants more Land. Plus the previous teams have has pretty much disassembled now, so...

Unless it was scraps of members?

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
Yes, and perhaps Cyrus is doing it for the same as before? To make a new pokemon this way in order to create a new universe.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes, and perhaps Cyrus is doing it for the same as before? To make a new pokemon this way in order to create a new universe.

Or perhaps he's trying to make a new Pokemon in a new universe..? I mean given that these games likely represent DNA and what makes us unique, he could take Giratina's idea, and try to merge DNA of other mons and then put it in a parallel universe to destroy what's here, if that makes sense?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, that can represent genetics on their own right; Cyrus can use the power of the new legendary pokemon to manipulate DNA on his own right. Would that mean that Team Galactic might return, or a new team entirely?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk, but I can just see the likelyhood of a new Pokemon being created, like Mew/Mewtwo, and that being the villain's main goal/intention, and making it super powerful.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So what you're saying is that a bit of a lose-lose kind of expectation should come about at first concerning the evil team, and after being at a disadvantage at first, we train and get stronger, and then kick-ass? I like this. XD

(bah I meant to reply to you earlier D=) Well, yeah. Maybe like this:

At the start of the game, the thugs control the region, to an even greater degree than Team Rocket did in Kanto (and at the start of R/B they pretty much ran the entire business over there). The baddies are in power, you have to pay for safe passage, the gyms are shut down, the Elite Four have fled, and the Poké Centres are threatened by mafia takeover. Shortly after the start of the quest, you gain their attention, are noted for your power and eventually become cornered by a team of thugs who want to take your Pokémon for use by the (evil) mayor. That's when you encounter... la Résistance (the Elite Four being their leaders). Throughout the game, you and your companions chase the baddies from city to city. You manage to stop their evil plan to hack the PC system for personal use. The rightful mayors of the region are put back in charge. Finally, the evil team is defeated, their iron grip on the region released, and the Elite Four once again return to office. Having fought your way through the region, and challenged the gyms as they reopen, the Elite Four accept your challenge and give you a try at defeating them. In short, you are the "evil" team, and have to fight the established status quo, changing the region to your preferences.

Well, that's probably not going to happen, as portrayals of a corrupt government aren't entirely uncontroversial. It's definitely safer to go for an evil, one-dimensional team who are up to no good and who doubtlessly are the bad guys. Still, I would love for the Elite Four to be a little more active in the story line, instead of being anonymous faces standing in their rooms in that huge building in the middle of nowhere.

Like I said before, I'd be nice to have modest villains. Team Rocket believed in a gradual takeover, by sneaky methods. They wanted to rule the world, sure, but they didn't want to march on the capital and overthrow society through a direct confrontation. They simply wanted to gain more and more power until they one day owned it all. At one point, they had total control of the strongest Pokémon in the world, and used it to their advantage, but it was all done in quiet. No flooding the land or evaporating the sea, no ominous clouds springing out from a mountain peak or even any freezing of a city. Mewtwo worked - and escaped - without anybody taking notice. But since Gen. III, it has always been about using legendaries to force their way to the top, often with the risk/threat to destroy the world. It's time to put less at stake again, having meaner but less direct criminals.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
I actually think it'd be interesting if the villainous team could win and rule supreme for a fairly long period of time.

Maybe that's just me. I like how N managed to defeat the League but I thought you beat him far too early after that, there wasn't really any time for it to get started.

I rather enjoyed seeing the Plasma Frigate wreak destruction over Opelucid City, it's that sort of thing I think it'd be interesting to see in the new team. Using sheer force to maintain power.

Again, like I said, maybe that's just me.

Back