• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Villainous Team Speculation!

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The "team" thing is a bit more reasonable in the original japanese, where it's actually a rather more menacing "gang", but that obviously wouldn't fly well overseas, so.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Now that is a freakin' crazy...enough to work idea, I LOVE it! Having to find our way out of the hide-out while regaining our Pokemon along the way.

Haha thanks, although i think it's pretty much day-dreaming I'd love to actually seem something like that in the new games. It would add some "hero" feeling to the main character and definitely make matters so much more personal than usually.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Given recent news, anyone think Team Rocket might have reassembled once more? We never did find out where Giovanni went after he left Tojho Falls. Perhaps he's the head of a whole new team after abandoning Team Rocket once and for all?

Not that I'm willing to bet that will happen, but it's an interesting thought.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Maybe! A past character goes insane, evil, corrupt, and brings havoc upon the region. Like Red, Wallace, or Whitney and her Miltank for God sakes (Which would be the most terrifying boss leader EVAR!). Maybe a Gym Leader(s) or Elite 4 uprising/rebellion with a back story to it of course.

But since the reveal of 'Mewthree' I presume it's Team Rocket. But with a twist, the leader of this Team Rocket branch is your own in-game mother or the Professor! Dun Dun Duuuuun!

Back story of your mother being a rocket member goes back for years. But in current time you want to go on a Pokemon journey, but your mother refuse and forbids you from going. But obviously a 12 year old like you, don't give a thing. You go against her and run away, on a journey. And in the very end of the game, you win the heart of your mother, and she quits as a Rocket member/leader.

With a bonus of Jesse, James and Meowth returning, trying to take your Pokemon every time you fight. Appearing traditionally like your rival, but slightly stronger then you in every confrontation. BUT if you fail to defeat them. 100% 1 or 2 of your Pokemon will be stolen from you by you know who while you white out. And you have to take them back, somehow.

Or an evil Legendary Pokemon leads a brand new Team, bringing the ruckus to the region!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I rather not see anime characters in this game...they haven't shown up in any other than Yellow which was based on the anime...

At first I thought maybe Silver will be the boss, but he doesn't like Rocket, and changed for the better at the end of the Johto games, so I doubt it.

I'm hoping it's not Team Rocket again, as having them for a third time as a villainous group would be bothersome...though maybe they are back and these games take place during B2W2, and the grunt from Unova decided to go to this region, deciding to go back to Rocket after all, thus why he was no longer in the second Unova pair.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Given recent news, anyone think Team Rocket might have reassembled once more? We never did find out where Giovanni went after he left Tojho Falls. Perhaps he's the head of a whole new team after abandoning Team Rocket once and for all?

Not that I'm willing to bet that will happen, but it's an interesting thought.

I think rather than all of TR, maybe just him. With that in mind he could launch a modern genetics-based team, which appears to be just scientists... BUT REALLY IS AN EVIL TEAM!

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Imagine Giovanni and Cyrus has some sort of cross over somewhere in the game, since Giovanni is like MIA and Cyrus is also MIA. It would be interesting that the two has something. I don't want to go deep. But either good or bad thing in-game wise.

Last edited:

Years
Imagine Giovanni and Cyrus has some sort of cross over somewhere in the game, since Giovanni is like MIA and Cyrus is also MIA. It would be interesting that the two has something. I don't want to go deep. But either good or bad thing in-game wise.
Add in Ghetsis and you've got yourself an unholy trinity of villlainy (in Pokemon standards). Perhaps the evil team will be made by Ghetsis...and that thing about him being crazy was all a farce made by the Shadow triad (another unholy trinity) to keep the player from B2W2 and the rest from catching up to him. Ghetsis did after all look into Team Rocket, and Team Galactic (and this team had some creepy looking experiments in their Veilstone Hq, maybe they be genetic related?). Perhaps he discovered their research into Genetics (team rocket did research Pokemon forced Pokemon evolution) and thus he discovered about the DNA Splicers, and at the same time learned about these legends. When his plans in Unova failed he may have decided to move on to greener fields.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Cyrus would probably make the game crazy evil. Like try to take over everything and ruin everyone, and I don't think now's the time for that. Giovanni would fit in because it'd relate to Mewthree, and so on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
At the end of B2/W2, I thought that Ghetsis had been defeated once and for all, but some of you think that Ghetsis will return...?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Cyrus would probably make the game crazy evil. Like try to take over everything and ruin everyone, and I don't think now's the time for that. Giovanni would fit in because it'd relate to Mewthree, and so on.

Giovanni wants or has Mewthree. But Cyrus somehow comes back with a plan, again. Heard about Mewthree and wants to use it as a weapon. But Giovanni refuses. A small war between them breaks out. And the player is on the sidelines, popcorn in hand, watching...until an attack accidentally hits you and force you to join the confrontation. That's what I was thinking.

But I want a Cyrus and Ghetsis comeback so badly, involving Giovanni for Mewthree

It's like a mind blowing Trinity of E.V.I.L.

Years
At the end of B2/W2, I thought that Ghetsis had been defeated once and for all, but some of you think that Ghetsis will return...?
He escaped again...and I don't trust the Shadow Triad was telling all the truth. So until that guy is arrested or put into an asylum I still think he can return...

Yup an unholy trinity between those three would be something to behold...with Giovanni's influence, Cyrus' technology, and Ghetsis' ability to manipulate people those three will make quite the challenge...story wise, and hopefully game play wise...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What if the Shadow Triad were initially sent to pick up data on the legendaries, and slowly the henchmen of all the teams appeared, all after the same goal, but not necessarily working together - and when the three fight, it'd bring about great chaos. I mean that's the only way I can see all three of them making up an evil team.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
OMG, a Cyrus, Giovanni and Ghetsis thing? YES WANT!!! That would make for some messed up storyline...and it would be AMAZING. Though that seems super awesome in itself, I'd rather Ghetsis got pulled out of the mix, because he's been in two games so far and I feel like he's getting a bit overrated.

However, if I had to choose between this and some if the other proposals I've seen (like my ridiculous Team Nova thing.) I don't think this idea would get my vote. I kinda want something...NEW, you know?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Things would be more complicated if A new Team spawned. And as a new team, less experience and calls out Rocket, Plasma, and Galactic. Putting them on blast. Then input Giovanni, Cyrus, Ghetsis with Mewthree, A new legendary, and (Ho-oH/Rayquaza)? or Mew in the mix. Omg that actually sounds frightening how things will unfold.

Well merge this with Forevers Shadow Triad theory then think.

Years
I don't think they'll have any legendaries on them...and in game Giovanni never actually had Mewtwo under his posession unlike in the anime, or at least as far as Gen 1's concerned.
If Giovanni were to reappear I see Silver showing up to stop him...maybe he'll finally find his father...

Tsunagi

I liek mudkipz
Years
That "mewthree" in the screenshot of X and Y is probably involved with the new villain team.
Kinda like Team Rocket and Mewtwo, but this time with a twist, that's what I cannot come up with :P
And I'd still stick with the DNA/Genetic theme though, if the "mewthree" relation is... well, false :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
The bug and bird type pokemon, if they're real, i think they sorta look like the bug is like team magma symbol and bird like team aqua . I'm not sure but I'm happy as long as either team magma or team galactic returns in a way. Team aqua can do whatever, they're just 'sea-loving idiots'.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Big Bad Wolves

I've come to the conclusion that if X&Y are going to keep breaking some traditions as some rumours have suggested, then reinventing the "Evil Team" can be one. I for one would like an evil organization, one named without the word "Team". So like an League or Circle or something of the sort. r perhaps the government can be against us, like some have said. Or perhaps no evil team at all.

What would you like to see in terms of a big bad or lack thereof?

Back