• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi guys, I'd like to know if I can insert a brand new pokémon. I don't know if I can do it just editing one of the existing pokémons or if there's another way. I would like to create a brand new pokémon with its own sprite and decide which moves it has to learn at which level. Am I asking for too much? XD Anyway if it is possible, I would like to know also if it's easier in Pokémon Ruby or DP (since I'm still not sure about which one to use for my project).

Without a lot skill, you will be forced to replace a pokemon. It is possible to add them, but it takes a lot of time and effort. I have never hacked DP, but I can tell you that it is fairly easy to do on Ruby. The tools are fairly self-explanatory, so here is a list:

Wichu's Sprite Editors (The Advance Series): these will be used to insert new sprites, adjust the sprites, and do icons
YAPE: to edit pokemon stats, pokedex entries, movesets
PGE->P.E.:same as YAPE but can increase the amount of moves a pokemon learns.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey, i'm having problems with a tool called a-cry 1.2 (advanced cry editor),my problem is after editing the cries of the pokemon i wanted, i go to save, and when i click save, it gives me an error, where there are a detail button, continue/quit button where i can continue or exit the program....and i don't know what to do with it...

karatekid552

Years
hey, i'm having problems with a tool called a-cry 1.2 (advanced cry editor),my problem is after editing the cries of the pokemon i wanted, i go to save, and when i click save, it gives me an error, where there are a detail button, continue/quit button where i can continue or exit the program....and i don't know what to do with it...

A-cry is a very old and buggy program. Here is a much better way to do it until someone finds a better way to make a cry editor http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293830.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Without a lot skill, you will be forced to replace a pokemon. It is possible to add them, but it takes a lot of time and effort. I have never hacked DP, but I can tell you that it is fairly easy to do on Ruby. The tools are fairly self-explanatory, so here is a list:

Wichu's Sprite Editors (The Advance Series): these will be used to insert new sprites, adjust the sprites, and do icons
YAPE: to edit pokemon stats, pokedex entries, movesets
PGE->P.E.:same as YAPE but can increase the amount of moves a pokemon learns.

It is okay for me to do this way. Can I also edit trainers' pokémons? And trainers' sprites? As for map editing, I read it is easier to do on Ruby, so I'll probably give it a try.
Thank you so much for your help :)

karatekid552

Years
It is okay for me to do this way. Can I also edit trainers' pokémons? And trainers' sprites? As for map editing, I read it is easier to do on Ruby, so I'll probably give it a try.
Thank you so much for your help :)

Trainers can be edited by Advance Trainer.

Trainer sprites can be edited by NSE Classic. There is a plugin for it in the options menu.

Map editing is best done in Advance Map. This is the only thing I can guarantee as easier since it is 2d vs the 3d in DPPt.

Hope this helps get you started!

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
How do I make it so a sprite is invisible until a script makes it visible like how Oak is invisible in FireRed until you try to walk out of Pallet Town?

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Is there any program that i can use for editing the attack images?, please i really need that for my hack

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
These are rediculously fun to edit. The tool is un-lz. By fun, I mean if you can do it.......
Note: UNLZ.gba... we met again

I will do it by the time, i'm sure i will be able to learn to do so!, im just a 12 year old kid and i know java, so why not learn how to do this?

tajaros said:
You can use UNLZ but, no one has been successful in replacing those, so for know just try creating new battle animations with the current images.
What do you mean with the "battle animations" with the current images? can you make a bit more-depth answer, please?

Years
I'm trying to put a give pokemon script where as soon as you come down the stairs the proffosor gives you your pokemon but how do I make him give the Pokedex and it has the nat dex as well and 5 pokeballs

here's my script so far

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon BAGON 0x5 NONE 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 BAGON
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
disappear 0x2
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

if you can help great

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
I'm trying to put a give pokemon script where as soon as you come down the stairs the proffosor gives you your pokemon but how do I make him give the Pokedex and it has the nat dex as well and 5 pokeballs

here's my script so far

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 BAGON
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
disappear 0x2
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @noroom-msg

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

if you can help great

The PokeDex and National Dex can be activated by setting a certain flag. Look at Tajaros's Tutorial and look for the special flags. As for the PokeBalls, you use the Give Item command.

Blah

Free supporter
Years

here's my script so far

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 BAGON
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
disappear 0x2
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @noroom-msg

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

if you can help great

You don't need to use 0x200 to see if the event is being triggered, just use FR_POKEMON. Finally, the Pokedex is given by setting the flag 0x829 and the national dex is enabled by special 0x16F (special comes after the flag 0x829).

Those changes should make the script work as you intend. If what you want to do is a level script, there is a good tutorial by Cooley on level scripts (it should be the first hit if you use the search, or one of the first).

karatekid552

Years
Note: UNLZ.gba... we met again

I will do it by the time, i'm sure i will be able to learn to do so!, im just a 12 year old kid and i know java, so why not learn how to do this?

What do you mean with the "battle animations" with the current images? can you make a bit more-depth answer, please?

Search "creating new battle animations" and look for a thread by Chaos Rush.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I have no idea if this is a simple question or not, but I figured that there wasn't any harm in asking to see where it leads me.

I want to start mapping for fun, but I don't want to use the tileset (is that what it's called?) that comes with the ROM. I want to use one that I find online.

I open AdvancedMap and load the ROM.
I got to Map and then New Map and come to this:

Spoiler:

And over at the right hand side is this:

Spoiler:

But what I want to do is change all those tiles in there to look something like this:

Spoiler:

...so that I can create a new map using tiles that I chose myself.

How do I do that? I looked at tutorials and all I see is recolors or edits to existing tiles, but I don't want to do that.

Whaaaah someone help me! :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You'd have to apply patches to the game that provide new tilesets. There's programs for patching, Lunar IPS being the most used patch format. Just make sure the patch is designed for Fire Red (Or whatever game you plan to use) and you'll be set to go :D

Here's a base for Fire Red:
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/rom-bases.html
Okay so I downloaded Lunar IPS and the Hoenn base and then I patched Fire Red and opened the rom and the tiles were changed -- perfect! But what if I want to use a tileset that I find in just an image file? I can't do it any other way than rely on a patch someone made?

Is what I'm looking for called bases? All they do is change all the tiles?

karatekid552

Years
I have no idea if this is a simple question or not, but I figured that there wasn't any harm in asking to see where it leads me.

I want to start mapping for fun, but I don't want to use the tileset (is that what it's called?) that comes with the ROM. I want to use one that I find online.

I open AdvancedMap and load the ROM.
I got to Map and then New Map and come to this:

Spoiler:

And over at the right hand side is this:

Spoiler:

But what I want to do is change all those tiles in there to look something like this:

Spoiler:

...so that I can create a new map using tiles that I chose myself.

How do I do that? I looked at tutorials and all I see is recolors or edits to existing tiles, but I don't want to do that.

Whaaaah someone help me! :(

Like Team Fail said, you can do it with a patch. Or you can do it yourself if you can't find a patch you like. Here is a post I posted about a week ago for someone looking for the same thing:

Here is Lu-Ho's tut on how to add (not replace) new tilesets: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156018

Here is a tutorial on adding tilesets in general: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186982
Like FBI said, just type in tile sets and hit search!:D

And another good tutorial, (I hope...:)): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377

For animating tiles, this should be useful: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260619

Adding tilesets: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209974&highlight=Tile
Same, (looks okay....): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91975
Another: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=190537
And another: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=197215
There are more... But I'm done:)

There are plenty of more tutorials in the tutorials section. Have fun.:)

Edit: 24000th post on this thread:D.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Search "creating new battle animations" and look for a thread by Chaos Rush.

Oh i see, using the old images for a new attack, ok.

2 more simple questions

1rst)How do i CREATE (not remake) a new type? like space-type pokemons with its weaknesses and its superiorness(if that word exists)
2nd) How do i ADD a new attack data? this time im talking about images, but data...

Note: Sorry if im asking too much, or asking complicated questions, you guys dont have answer any of 'em, but if you feel like, yay!

and by the way karatekid, i see you've been REALLY helpful in this thread, and i really want to thank you for all your help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back