• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy took another look around the abandoned dorm. He was getting bored of that place, and, although he had caught two Pokémon there, he still thought it was kind of lame. "This place blows...Grim, Starr, let's get outta here..." he said, but as soon as he turned there were two Gastlys that didn't seem to want to let him pass.

"Hey, get outta the way!" Jimmy yelled angrily, "I'm a busy man, so scram!"

The Gastlys looked at each other and smiled. Then they moved around Jimmy's face, and their gases slowly made him drowsy. "Hey! Get off my..." he said, his eyes going to the back of his head, "...face...". Then he collapsed, he was fast asleep.

Both Grim and Starr looked at the two Gastlys, and not in a happy way. [Hey, what's your problem?] Grim asked them.

The Gastlys giggled and floated around them in circles.

[Hehehe...] the Gastlys said in unison, [You know it's that time when humans come into this place...and we pull pranks and try to scare the hell out of them...]
[Hey, this guy's afraid of nothing apparently...] Grim said, and the Gastlys laughed at her.
[Hehe...We kinda figured it out...So we put him to sleep...] one of the Gastlys said, [One of our classic pranks...]
[Hehe...I say we take them!] Starr said, sounding like a hyperactive child.
Grim yawned [...Fine...] she said.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
(@RHCP: At the beginning of each IC day [I also tell you when it's time to move on to a new day.] I will post who is taking what class in the OOC thread. You'll usually have a couple of other students in a class with yours~)

Valorie Ryder

Valorie's attention had shifted back to the teacher by now, and she was no longer paying attention to anything else. Yes, she wondered what Kenshin was going to say, but she wasn't all that concerned. She for one was very interested in this class! In fact, for the moment being she was distracted from everything else that had previously been on her mind. Meanwhile, Dragonair responded to the affectionate rubbing by turning her head and nudging the dratini with the nose of her costume. It was her own display of affection.

Drayden

Drayden observed the students that had raised their hands for a moment. A small chunk of the class had volunteered. Then N piped up with his request and Drayden seemed to consider it for a moment before pointing out towards Kenshin.

"Yes... That will do nicely."

The spartan mayor casually made his way over to where Kenshin was sitting, rather than ask Kenshin to come to the front of the classroom. Observing Kenshin's Dratini for a brief moment he looked up and began to address the class as a whole.

"Dratini as a species are the rarest of dragons, believed to be extinct in the wild until very recently. As a result, Dratini and their evolution were once considered legendary pokemon, as nobody could fine one to prove their existence! Don't worry /too/ much about their population, though. Kanto's safari zone has successfully captured and started breeding wild Dratini to help revitalize the population. Dratini live in the water and are very fond of swimming, though they've also been observed to possess the mysterious ability to fly... To take good care of a Dratini you should make sure that you keep it well hydrated, and it will certainly grow to like you faster if you allow it to enjoy a casual swim frequently."

Drayden stopped to clear his throat again, hesitating a brief moment before continuing.

"Dratini are born large, and will steadily grow larger as they age, a trait they share with their evolution, Dragonair. Like their serpent cousins Dratini sheds it's skin every so often. In Dratini's case it's skin contains it's life energy, which steadily builds up to a point where it would become uncontrollable if it did not shed. That being said, it is highly inadvisable to attempt to stop a dratini from shedding, as you could seriously hurt or prematurely end it's life. Not to mention it might turn on you and attack... It should be comforting to know that it is very hard to do so, and so you should not have to worry about it unless you're deliberately trying to interfere with the process. On a side note, Dratini prefer to shed their skin in the privacy of a running waterfall. While Dratini are powerful fighters when confronted they are more well known for being very timid and shy, as well as their ability to control the weather. Lastly, Dratini are omnivores and should be very happy eating a vegetarian diet. However, one should be aware that many dragon pokemon are not like this, making the Dratini species rather ideal...if you can find it."

Taking a deep breath, Drayden exhaled and waited a moment before continuing again.

"Well that was a lot to take in. Does anyone have any questions?"

Olivia Wolf

Meanwhile, a young lady named Olivia strolled along with a rather energetic skitty playfully dancing around her feet. After a few moments of having to try and avoid stepping on the poor thing Olivia got down and held out her arms to the pokemon. The skitty, named Rosie, promptly crouched down before pouncing into Olivia's arms in an equally playful manner. Olivia stood back up and allowed Rosie to snuggle up against her using her arms as a cradle. She had just finished setting up her stuff in her dorm room and had made her way towards the outside of the school. As she had been walking through the halls she had realized that students were generally still in class, and so she had little to there. Well... not /all/ the students were in class. She had spotted a boy not long ago, a boy from suicune dorm, and had promptly introduced herself in that overly enthusiastic way she tended to. However, she had been a bit too forward and the boy had left the conversation feeling rather put off. Olivia was disappointed, but she was used to it. You see, she tended to flirt, /a lot/. She was a young girl with romance on the mind and dreams of a stable, romantic relationship. Only somewhere along the line she had put way too much importance on achieving those dreams as soon as possible.

Regardless, as Olivia headed out of the building the first thing she noticed was another student, female, looking lost. Considering the circumstances, she saw an opportunity to find something social to do, maybe make a friend. She was honestly mostly flirty towards the boys, but a 'long' history of fluke had opened her up to the possibility of love with another girl. Despite this she was still much more passive about that in comparison to her tendency to search /too/ actively among the boys. Quickening her pace slightly, Olivia closed the distance between the two of them, calling out a greeting as she did so.

"Hey!~"

393.png
Myra ♀ Lv. 18 (Attract, Captivate, Scald, Brick Break, Signal Beam, Ice Beam)
281r.png
Lea ♀ Lv. 20 (Stored Power, Calm Mind, Attract, Double Team, Psych Up, Telekinesis)
300q.png
Rosie ♀ Lv. 18 (Attract, Charm, Captivate, Wish, Payback, Last Resort)
---
---
---

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Someone called out "Hey!~" and Aisling turned her head. The '~' was almost hearable. It was a dark haired girl with a bow on the side of her head. She looked happy and that made Aisling decide that she was probably a good person. No need to make assumptions more complicated than that.

"Hello," she simply said. She could see a Skitty cradling in the girl's arms. "What a cute pokémon," she said and nodded towards it. "My pokémon is cute too, but in a different way, I think."

She looked at Max, who was just munching in some of the berries from earlier. When he noticed the look from his trainer, he put all the berries into his mouth and smiled with it closed, looking rather stuffed.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Olivia Wolf

Olivia smiled at the other girl, a light casual smile that didn't say a whole lot. It was worth noting that Olivia had hair stretching all the way down to her /knees/. One had to wonder... /How did she even comb that?!/ It looked like you'd need to be really good at yoga, or something. Olivia didn't seem to mind though. Rosie seemed to perk up a bit and look up at Aisling with her eyes, which were as usual mere slits.

"Thanks..! Her name's Rosie. I'm Olivia, but you can call me Olive~"

After a brief moment she would turn her gaze to Aisling's munchlax for a moment before crouching down and shifting Rosie to one arm, reaching out and poking Max lightly on the belly.

"He's like a little piggy, isn't he?"

Her words were phrased and toned to that of flattery. She certainly seemed friendly enough anyway.

"So what's going on...? Are you new too?"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Aisling Elden

Max seemed to dislike being touched by a stranger at first, but then liked being patted and closed his eyes, enjoying it.

"Yeah, I'm completely new. My name is Aisling Elden. You can call me... uh, Aisling. I haven't been to any classes yet..." Aisling scratched the back of her head. "Do you know where I should go now? I was thinking of finding some more pokémon, but I'm not sure of where to go. I'd love a water pokémon... or a fire pokémon. Like Ponyta."

She then realized that Olivia might have some more pokémon. "Do you have more pokémon than Skitty?" she asked.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
iaza15356645761600.gif

Ani455MS.png

Otoño picked one randomly off the bookshelf, all of the coverings looking the same anyway. Not to mention uninteresting. These books were new, but their style certainly wasn't. Let them get a bit dusty and one might think they've unearthed a textbook back from a hundred years ago. Otoño never learned how to read, but he liked imitating his master (who read books very often) and opened his book, posing himself like a refined gentleman who knew everything in the world. There were no pictures on the arbitrary page he found himself on, but Otoño was determined in his off-Broadway production. He stared at the letters, pretending to only passively read them. It began to become a bit boring after a couple of seconds, though. Otoño began to flip the pages using his giant leaves, but his pursuit bared no fruit with pictures apparently not existing in this book. He grunted confusedly, dropping all elegant façade, and then sighed as he closed the book.

"It'd probably make a better snack," he thought. He began chewing the top of it and it tasted like mothballs. He began spitting violently on the floor, desperately trying to remove the aftertaste from his tongue.

"Sweetie, don't put that in your mouth. You might catch yourself a cold." Rudolf stated quickly and bluntly as he snatched the textbook from Otoño's hands and placed it back.

Rudolf made his way back towards his new desk. The classroom he now "owned" per se was nice, albeit small. It had all the necessary tools: a front desk, a chalkboard, desks to seat at least up to ten or so students, a couple egg incubators, a pantry of cooking supplies and ingredients, and ugly black books that he had to give to each and every student he taught. Sighing, Rudolf hopped into his spinning, wheeled desk chair and reclined back. Feeling careless, he placed both his feet on the desk.
Closing his eyes and letting his mind drift, Rudolf remembered what he wanted the students to call him. "Mr. Rudolf," he decided. He thought "Mr. Strangolagalli" might kill them after a while, and he didn't like the sound of "Mr. S." Mister S. Mistress. Mistress…. they'd probably start calling him that, knowing teenagers. He was still one himself and he kind of got a kick out of that. "Yo, Mistress! How do you chain breed moves?" "Can I get Rain Dance on a Delibird, Mistress?" "This test is too hard, Mistress! But you love hard things, don'tcha?"

….Sufficed to say, "Mr. Rudolf" would do just fine. Formal enough.

Otoño waddled down the hallway, seeing as his mater wouldn't play with him. The building was surprisingly silent, all classes going on probably being outside or already dismissed. Mumbling to himself, Otoño found himself at the end of the hallway, his hunger for anything interesting (or breathing) unfulfilled. He faced two tall silver doors that beamed the light from the outside from small windows. Feeling ballsy and curious, Otoño used his might to push one of the doors open.

The Carnivine was happy to enter a nice campus filled with fresh air and vegetation as he ignored the violent bang that echoed from the door as it slammed on the side of the building. He fell upon the nearest grass patch, making swimming motions to bask in its glory. He loved the feelings of grass. Whenever his master was too busy, the grass would always be there to comfort him and tell him "It's okay, No-no. You're a good boy. You are nice and friendly and important and silly and cute and smart." Just like his master when he wasn't busy.

He jerked up when he started to hear faint noises. Voices of some kind. Otoño began running towards the sound, determined to figure out what it was. His mind narrowed, and no longer did he hear the voices of the motherly grass.

Last edited:

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent Xackford Luna

When Sel had said she wished Vince hadn't ask her how she felt about he got upset for a moment. What was wrong with asking her that? It would clear things up and make Vince less stressful then he was but the way she reacted to the question made him fear the worse.

When he looked at he eyes he could see the sadness and regret in them and it made him angry. Not at her but at himself that he could make her this sad he didn't like seeing her this upset about anything he loved her smile. When she explained how see liked Vince more than a friend, she sounded confused like as if there was something or one else. If there was someone else Vince wouldn't get in the way of her feelings toward that other person.

When she placed her hand on his cheek he smiled a bit, her hand was warm and soft and he felt at peace for a moment. He smiled a bit when Sel had said he made her feel safe and calm. So there was another person that made her feel in a similar way but she was confused and thought she had hurt Vince.

"Sel...." Vince began as he placed his right hand on her right shoulder. "You haven't hurt me Sel I don't think you ever could," He paused and hugged her. He held her tight in her arms but not to tight to hurt her or cause discomfort.

"I just wanted to know how you felt about me that's all please don't cry I hate it when you cry Sel. It's just I......I.....love you," He stopped there he didn't want to say anymore he just stood there and hugged her.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype chuckled a bit again. An idea... well he wasn't going to have any good ideas if he didn't know who he was working with. Luckily Leena had good connections with the ghosts in the dorm.

"I'm sure I'll have something planned. In the mean time, Why don't you introduce us to your friends inside of the abandoned dorm? It'll help to get to know who I'll be working with after all! As long as they don't try to kill us again that is. Kehehe... you can be our tour guide for the night captain!" Snype said happily.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve

Genevieve held Maxwell's hand tight as they walked towards the Pokemon center after Quille took Toto "Thank you" she whispered to him keeping up with him as the Pokemon Center got closer she looked worried "I hope Toto's okay" she said to him.

Toto sneezed and shivered in the basket and the Nurse took it from Qullie "oh he looks sick" she said "don't worry I'll take care of your friend" she said to Quillie before taking Toto away.

Adria

Adria smiled more and hugged Bouncy still as Bri suggested they go to the beach first "Sure that sounds like fun" she giggled happily still blushing but unaware of it.

Vaper smiled "I'd love the beach. So would Adria she loves water types" she said standing next to Drizzle she giggled a bit as he put his paws behind his head "Being on a beach brings back the memory of when I evolved. Adria's father had taken us to a beach I was still an eevee at the time"

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

Kenshin sorta sat there and listened to Drayden talk about Dratini's. He found a lot of that info rather interesting. "Dratini you can contro-" He froze though when he saw his Dratini being so affectionate with that girl's Dragonair. His face turned the same shade of bright red his Dratini's skin was.

Dratini let out a squeal of joy when he got that nose nuzzle from Valorie's Dragonair, he just coiled himself around Dragonair at least one time and nose nuzzled her back and then continued to rub his head against her.

Then Kenshin overhearing one student ask out loud to the rest of the class about why Kenshin's Dratini was red when Dratini were supposed to be blue. That just made Kenshin's stress levels go up even higher as he laid his head on his own desk and covered his head with his hands.

N

N just continued to stand in the back of the class room as he watched Drayden address the rest of the class about the Dratini species with a calm smile on his face. When that one student asked about the color of the Dratini, N looked rather surprised to see the Dratini's human friend react that way. What was wrong for wanting to know about such a topic?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

iaza15356645761600.gif

Ani455MS.png

Rudolf breathed deeply as his intestines formed themselves into a knot. He had been doing a personal breeding project for a while now, and now he knew it wouldn't end up as he planned it. There were too many problems. Whenever one gene problem was fixed, another one popped right up. It was a good thing he was doing all his tests on computer software using subject DNA rather than using the old-fashioned way of hatch-and-see. Saves a lot of lives from being abandoned because they weren't picture perfect. Not to mention the offspring didn't have to suffer a low quality way of life; the school's Carnivine he had borrowed were riddled with underlying problems that could appear in their kids. First it was Color Blindness, then Cystic Fibrosis, Down Syndrome, Pokémon Diabetes, and that ever so pesky time when he had to find a way around giving the newborn Haemophilia. The list continued from then on almost endlessly- even had to change the father because his genes were the ones causing most of the problems. Rudolf borrowed his friend Tristan's Bayleef who had great immunities because of the varying heritage it went through. Right when it seemed like this Bayleef was the answer to everything…. Bam, "CONDITION 330A WAS FOUND IN PRODUCT."

Condition 330A. Dyslexia. That Bayleef had something in its genes other than hard-working antibodies. The killer? Everything else checked out great. The moveset, the suspected personality traits, the expected Individual Value distribution…. everything Rudolf wanted. All that hindered his future creation would be the disability to read properly. And this would be his first Pokemon. He'd own this one, rather than just borrow it. His dad said it was okay, too. It would be like a pet. And it was the only way of getting a Carnivine; zoos didn't sell and the nearest location they could possibly be in was a two hour's drive away. Couldn't he just get past this flaw like he did all the others? Yes, but, something else may go wrong. Something worse, even. And the stats could get all screwed up. The ones he had now were perfect. He really wanted it, too. To hold it and love it. To have a best friend that would never leave him. It was perfect in every other way.

Rudolf supposed the creature didn't really have to read. It wasn't necessity for it to. And nobody is perfect.

Rudolf smacked the floor suddenly, but thankfully the chair broke his fall. He was alright, nothing scathed or anything. It was just surprising being interrupted in the middle of a dream. It always is. He got back up and cracked his back, only to then proceed to pick the chair back up and position it back nicely into his desk. Rudolf yawned loudly and gazed blurrily around. Otoño was no longer in the room, but this was expected. Otoño was never one to sit still or remain somewhere if Rudolf wasn't paying attention to him. What a silly creature he was. Always so exuberant and adventurous. Only more reason to love the little guy. In fact, he should give Otoño something. Something to differentiate him from other Carnivine. But what, exactly?

----

Otoño couldn't seem to hear the voices any louder than he could from the start. Sure, he knew what direction they were coming from, but there were no people in his path. In fact, he was actually getting pretty far away from the building he left his master in. He was getting closer and closer to what seemed to be rock formations near the campus. Otoño didn't like rocks. They were hard and cold and bore no plant life. Unless it was moss or something. But moss was fickle. There are good kinds of moss that Otoño could eat or spread on his leaves to make himself feel better, and there is moss that could poison him and make his heart stop in a second. Moss couldn't be trusted. And neither could rocks.

But the faint voice couldn't escape his ears. Having heard it for a while, it sounded like a voice made out of raindrops. Very calm, too. So it obviously wasn't someone in trouble. So Otoño pressed on anyway, curious to why he could hear this odd cry. To the rocks. Those nasty rocks.

----

"Otoño?" Rudolf asked again as he stood outside the building. Still no response. It wasn't like Otoño to not respond immediately to his call. He was very obedient like that. "No-no!" he called. Rudolf furrowed his brow. Has to be playing somewhere, right? He wasn't concerned all that much. Otoño could take care of himself. Rudolf began walked forwards, unknowing where it would lead him. He didn't really memorize the map they provided him with earlier, and besides, exploring and discovering new locations are more fun.

Wonder what Otoño would like, he wondered. Maybe a bell? Could put a tracking device in it or something. But he already has a bell. On him. It's a part of him. Hm. Maybe Otoño would like a nice skin dying…. Maybe a nice red. Or something. But Otoño was pretty good as he was. But was a big fella, that's for sure, and that makes him stick out quite a bit already. This would take some thought.

Rudolf spotted a Pokemon Center in the corner of his eye. The same one he put the Beedrill that attacked him earlier in. He wondered how it was doing. Curious, and with nothing really better to do without Otoño, he headed for it, and showed himself in. It was a nice place. A kid was standing at the counter and the Nurse was gone, probably in the backroom. Overall, the place was pretty quiet.

….Wow, he was bored. What on Earth does he do here? He had to wait until the kid was gone to check up on that Beedrill. He found a couch that looked nice and sat down. There were some magazines on the tabl- Oh! Is that Breeder Weekly? He picked the magazine up with some enthusiasm and read. It was a couple months old, but Breeder Weekly is Breeder Weekly. They have some pretty cool- Oh! That Buizel is too cute! Holy Goodness! Look at the glow of health on it! Who trained it….? Brawly? Brawly of Hoenn? The Gym Leader? When did he start breeding? Did he miss this issue back when or something?

Last edited:
Years
When Sky heard Jacy talk to her, Sky's body was half way in a bush, looking for the tiny Audino. "huh? oh Harmony!" said SKy as she runs to the little pink pokemon, hugging it. "Don't ever run off again! You had me so worried!" said Sky as Harmony hugged her, calming Sky down greatly.
Standing up while still holding onto Harmony, Sky does a small bow at Jacy. "Thank you so much for finding her! I don't know what I'd do if i ever lost her!" said Sky as she straightens up again.
Sky nodded her head when Jacy said she had to go to class. "Um, Okay, Take care now! Have a great day! see ya later Jacy!" said Sky as she waved to Jacy as she left.

After Jacy had left, Sky sighed, and walked back to her egg case. Placing Harmony on top of her head, Sky then placed the Pokemon Egg carrier back onto her back.
Taking out a map of the school, Sky scans it. "Okay...so if we're here...our class is...where? erg...well...I should go and heal Zoro first...then find the class? I hope it doesn't take long...I want Harmony and I to learn about normal types together..." said Sky in a muttering voice.
Sky then started to walk towards the Pokemon Center, deciding that even if she was a bit late to class, it would be better then letting Zoro go without a healing.
Entering the Pokemon center, Sky walked up to the front desked, taking out Zoro's pokeball and asking the Nurse to heal him. Of course Nurse Joy said yes, and began to heal the injured Zorua.

((I have no clue who is in it and where the Normal type specialization class is @-@ ))

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Grim started by using Pain Split on one of the Gastlys. It made her recover some HP while weakening the gassy ghost Pokémon. [Ugh...]

[Hehehe...] Starr said as he tried to use Hypnosis on the other Gastly, [Time to sleeeeep...] The Gastly, however seemed unaffected, which made Starr scratch his head. Then that Gastly hit back by using Lick on the Psychic Pokémon. Then Starr found himself unable to move, and for some reason he had this yellow aura around him. He was paralyzed!

Grim sighed as he dodged the other Gastly's attempt to use Hypnosis. [You asked for this...] she said and used Dark Pulse on that Gastly, knocking it out as soon as it hit. [...You okay, Starr?] she asked afterwards.

[C-can't...m-move...p-please...help!] Starr said, unable to strike the Gastly that was left. The gassy ghost then used Night Shade on the poor Drowzee, which weakened him even more.

Grim used Disable on Gastly, making him unable to use Night Shade. [Come on, try to do something] Grim said, [...Like one of your Psychic attacks...or something...]

Drowzee nodded weakly and focused on Gastly. He tried to use Confusion, but was unable to move. Grim rolled her eyes, and used Astonish to try to make it flinch so the Drowzee could have more time to concentrate and use his move. Unfortunately, Gastly didn't flinch, and used Curse on Drowzee, which didn't help at all.

[Come on, do it!] Grim yelled at Starr as he struggled to endure the pain from the curse. [Do it now!]

Starr finally yelled and used Confusion on Gastly, who, because of his poisonous side, was knocked out. As soon as the battle was over, Starr could no longer feel the pain of the curse, but he still felt pretty weak. Then both Pokémon waited until their trainer regained consciousness.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Veronica

Veronica sighed and straightened her glasses brushing her bangs out of her face. She had just gotten a job at the Pokemon Trainer Academy. Mainly grass specialization but as a Pokemon breeder she just had to see the teacher for breeding about being his assistant. She smiled to herself and made sure she had the five Pokemon she had brought with her from her home. She had many more and if she wanted to change which ones she had it was simple because her home was not that far away from the school and she could easily get one sent to her for classes.

Looking around at the classroom she smiled pleased with herself. She had painted the room to look like a forest and the floor was carpet in a grass green. It was perfect and she was already planning to take her classes to the forest and plains near the school. Not knowing what to do now she decided to head to the Pokemon Center to see if there was a new issue of Breeders weekly.

After a few moments she reached the center and saw a man reading the magazine she was looking for "Hello, I was wondering if that was the new issue? Or is that one an old one?" she said to him "by the way I'm Veronica Jenkins I'm the grass specialization teacher at the academy"

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
iaza15356645761600.gif

Ani455MS.png

"Hello, I was wondering if that was the new issue? Or is that an old one?" a voice peeped from behind the thin pages Rudolf had planted in front of his face. Peering up, he saw a young woman, most likely the same age as he, wearing a very odd-looking maroon, blue, and black outfit. She had a grin pinned on her face, which only helped to cause one on his own. "By the way, I'm Veronica Jenkins. I'm the grass specialization teacher at the academy." She continued.

"Hi there, missy." He playfully said. "Unfortunately, this issue is a bit old. But I haven't read it yet, so…. Yeah. Hi!" He said again, unknowing how he would've continued that thought. "I'm Rudolf. Strangolagalli, that is. I'm the new breeding teacher. Nice to meet you. Sit, please, sit. Don't wear your legs out now." He was his usual friendly self now that he had someone to talk to other than Otoño. Not that Otoño wasn't fun to talk to, but, uh…. You know, Rudolf likes variety.

Where was Otoño, anyway?

----

Otoño had finally reached the mouth to a cave, and the water drop voice had finally grown louder after all that time. It seemed more frequent, too, as if it was beckoning to him. Immune to being frightened, he marched aloofly into the cavern. It was dark, but nicely damp. Cozy, even. He liked water. This wasn't like any of the rocks he seen before.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Veronica

Veronica smiled taking a seat having seen the cover "oh that's the one where it mentioned Brawly and his Buizel." she said grinning more "oh your the breeding teacher, this saves me some time." she said "I'm a breeder to, been working since I was a little girl and I was wondering if I could be your assistant in your classes. I have my own beliefs with breeding that might differ from yours" she said to him glad that she had found who she was looking for and wondering if he would say yes or no to what she had asked.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

iaza15356645761600.gif

Ani455MS.png

….An assistant? Interesting offer. What could she do? Help him grade papers, he supposed. Help him keep organized and with the lesson plan. Why not?

"Sure you can be my assistant," he said. "I'd love to have someone help me. You can call me Mr. Rudolf, then." Rudolf looked down for a second in thought. What exactly did she mean before by "own beliefs?" Maybe to break the ice they could talk about a controversial breeding topic like…. Oh!

"Say, Veronica, where do you stand on influencing mutations in Pokémon? You know, where they use certain techniques to bring out mutations in inter-kind bred Pokémon, so that elements of both parents are brought out? So like a Cherubi born of a male Pikachu is provoked to show electrical and mouse-like physical traits?"

That ought to stir some conversation. And see if they really were compatible as colleagues.

----

Otoño tripped and twirled towards the ground quickly. He wasn't hurt, just a scrape. He walked onto a boulder of some sort. Getting up, he saw a hole in it surrounded by yellow, as if someone came by and drew on it with chalk. Its inside was making a strange sound…. Like rainwater. Oh! This must be what dragged him here. But it doesn't sound loud enough to be heard all the way from in the field where he came from. What an odd rock it was.

Otoño, wanting to show it to his master (who'd probably know more about it), gently curled it up in his leaves and ran back where he came from.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
To Be The Best That We Can Be

Kellyn and Genesis

**************​

"It's so odd to be here," Kellyn said aloud to Genesis and their pokemon. The two siblings had just landed on the remote island called, the Pokemon Trainer Academy. They knew it was home to some of the best teachers and pokemon students around as well as some world class trainers. This is where they wanted to be. They had both been recently accepted into the highest ranked dorm, the Suicune Dorm, in an attempt to be even better. They were both amazed at the island's many habitats as well as it's amazing architecture.

"I mean," Kellyn continued, "When you look at how great this place is, it's hard not to think we're out of place just standing here..."

"Kel," Genesis started, "you need to stop talking like that. We both deserve to be here." She pointed to there new Suicune blue uniforms. Hers fit quite nicely but Kellyn's turned out to be a bit big. "This uniform shows that we were the ones to excel in Viridian and being here proves it."

"Jen, I understand that," he replied, picking up his bags. "I meant that us being here, on such a big island, is odd. Viridian is a city, but it's not even close to being this size. Not to mention that this place..." He smiled. "That this huge place, with tons of students is probably party central!"

Genesis facepalmed when she heard his reason, her Pikachu, Jolt, mimicking her action. Bliss and Chomp, Kel's Mightyena and Larvitar, snickered at them before walking up to Kellyn, Chomp jumping onto his back.

"You're a real idiot sometimes," she said to her step brother, picking her own bags. "There is probably both rules against it and a curfew. Now come on, lets put our stuff in our dorms. I think we have some time before our first class to walk on the grounds and meet some people. She left with Jolt and Harmony, her light colored Eevee, who was a bit depressed she couldn't stay with Dusk, Kel's dark colored Eevee much longer, trailing behind.

Kellyn laughed at Jen's attitude and looked at Chomp and his other pokemon. "Hopefully, we can meet some new people to get her out of our hair," he teased. He started for his own dorm, his pokemon right behind him.

*********​

They met back up at the School's front doors several minutes later.

"So, where would you like to go first?" Kellyn asked, putting his hand behind his head with a bored expression. "This place does have several places we could go."

"I didn't really think about it," Jen said. "Like you said, there is tons of places to pick. She sat down, hoping someone may be able to stop and show them around.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Veronica smiled as he asked her what she thought of Pokemon mutations and sat up more "well I personally believe that a Pokemon is perfect the way they start out, but from what I've read on Pokemon mutations I don't see a problem with them. But the technique still needs some work from what I've heard" she added.

"What do you think on evolving Pokemon? I personally have only ever evolved one Pokemon eevee to leafeon but other than that all of my other Pokemon are still in their first stages. A lot of people think it's evolution that makes a Pokemon stronger. I was taught that it was the way they were cared for" she smiled taking out Ivy's Pokeball.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
iaza15702092119300.gif

Ani455MS.png

"Pokémon mutation to me is pretty alright, but I've heard that the inexperienced techniques you mentioned have caused health complications in most subjects." He had to note before he looked at the pokéball the young lady held in her hand. "Evolving Pokemon? Well, it has been proven that statistically they become stronger, but yes, breeding does take a huge part in it. I personally think evolution is the best option, though. It's like adding an exercise to a diet. You get better results compared to if you were just eating right."

He smiled happily at Veronica. So far so good, he supposed. She didn't seem crazy or anything. That's always a plus.

"I'm not crazy." He thought in a twitch. "I'm not crazy."

Gathering himself, he shook his head and smiled again at the woman. She still held the pokéball in her hand, so he decided to be a little silly. "Poke!" he said as he jabbed it with his finger. "Who's in here?" He asked.

----

Otoño carried a burdened look on his face as he entered the room his master was supposed to be in. He did see him last there. Where would he have gone without Otoño? The raindrop rock began to echo the strange sound as light as ever as it remained in the classroom.

With a sigh, Otoño walked up to the desk and placed the rock on the top. It should be safe there until he came back. It couldn't walk away like his master, either, so it would stay put. Otoño walked out of the classroom and shut the door behind him so not one who came into the building that passed by got it in their head to steal it. Something was too special about that rock to lose it.

It wasn't like the icky rocks Otoño was used to.

Back