• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I ASKED TO BE A MOD"

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
I don't think I'm entirely 'cut out for it' but I'd regret not taking the opportunity, to better myself and the community.
this, though i'm not entirely sure what being "cut out for it" entails.

i would never request to be appointed modship, but i do feel somewhat responsible for the current social environment (due to a personal contribution) of Other Chat and obliged to keep it active/taken care of (given the past, a lot of us know how fragile it is). i don't feel entitled to that specific position (or any other for that matter), but if given the opportunity, i suppose i would take it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I modded HeartGold and SoulSilver for about six months, and within that time found myself interested in Pokémon Anime. A little over a week before getting promoted to S-mod, I got the chance to be the new moderator of Pokémon Anime for a short period. If I ever had to go back, I'd take them both back.

Although, I've found quite the interest in Black and White and Other Chat. Even though it would help if I posted there more than I do. Just saying.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Only if it's Japanese Entertainment.

But I had a very negative experience when I was modded at another forum (which has since folded, thank God). As a mod on that site, I was harassed and insulted by the higher up staff for not doing anything even though the section I was in charge of was basically dead anyway. It was enough to make me leave the place.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I would be invigorated, but despondent at the same time.
Sure the idea of being a mod is great. I would love to be a mod some day. But at the pace my life is going, and how I'm handling things, I wouldn't really have much time on my hands and the idea doesn't fit for me right now. But yes, I would accept if given the opportunity. I'm not really sure about which section I would like to take though. 8\

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
If i were asked, if I were going to accept. I'd take one of the Trivia sections or OVP, yeahh. but I probably wouldn't accept...I don't think I'm on PC enough. Sides. Modly Mod powers aren't that great.

and when I think about it. I don't feel like I'm cut out to be a Mod P:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
If I was asked to become a Mod, I'd probably have a tough time deciding on a section to Mod. I'm not really active in a particular section, so that would be a major problem.

Still, if they asked me, I'd take them up on the offer in a heartbeat, regardless of the 'modding forum' issue.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I heavily regret quitting the PC staff the first time around, so if the opportunity ever arose again, I'd jump on it. As it is now, I'd love having Pokemon General or General Pokemon Gaming as I think I'm most active in those two sections. :D

I'm sure Mooji or Syd wouldn't mind. >:]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Meh, I would probably accept. The sections I go to the most are Japanese Entertainment, and ROM hacking, so I guess I'd pick one of those.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
hmm, I don't have much time but...
teh internetz>time imho. Anyhow I'd probably mod in BW, I just think I spent a lot of time there, and I try my best to answer everyone's questions to the best of my ability, because I know what its like to have your question unanswered.
Or I'd like to co-mod challenges w/ syd -awesomeface.jpg-

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
I would accept. Hopefully, I'd get OC, OVP, or Pokemon General. Or Video Gaming. Or General Pokemon Gaming. Or B/W, because it's the stuff on earth.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Like a lot of people.. I love the Black and White area, and I would say I'd totally mod there - but no. D: I don't care to read every single thread, nor do I care to know enough about the games just yet to be able to properly moderate that area. xD; I like reading bits and pieces, not spoiling / knowing everything thus far.

Like Audy, I'd go back to NU/W if I were ever to be a regular mod again.

Pokemon Anime would be my second choice, then OVP, and maybe.. that on area.. Japanese Entertainment. Yeah. That place. Don't post in it much, but I certainly know enough about the content to mod there. xD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Other than Pokémon Trivia, there will honestly be only one other place that I wouldn't mind modding, and that would be Other Trivia. Any other section chances are I would decline, as I'm not really active in any other area, and thus I wouldn't bother reading all the posts that flow through.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
If I was asked to be modded I'd say yes. I mean, they asked you if you could moderate that forum because you hang out there a whole lot, so you must like the forum you would moderate. =P

I would want... Not much Emulation anymore... Kinda left that forum behind me. Plus ex-emulation staff members say it was hard. x-x I would... Probably go around B/W. It would be an excuse to pay attention to the newest B/W stuff. xD Or I might start going to the FanFic area.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
If I was asked to be mod, I would definately say yes. It is like, my dream. I would love to be mod around, B/W; HG/SS; Computers and Technology; Tabletop Games; or OVP/OT. Anything else I'm not too interested in, but I would mod whatever section that was wanted of me, aside from emulation, rom hacking etc, because I know nothing about them. I would love it if I was asked to mod a section I visit regularly though.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oooh, sure! That is, if it was a forum that I actually am somewhat active in, which is pretty much Other Trivia, Other Chat, and Other Voting Polls especially OVP. ;D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Funnily enough, I was never actually asked to take the position, I was invited into a group conversation in which various staff members were in, I didn't think too much of it, and as I was browsing PC, I noticed a few extra options, and that I had a report. I was then told that I had been modded in Graphics and Photography and Competitions. It was unexpected, though mainly because I felt that the sections weren't going to have another section moderator for a long time. In saying that, if I could have chosen any board on PC, the ones I got in the beginning would have been top of my list. Closely followed by Other Entertainment, in which I do moderate now, so I suppose my desire to moderate those sections did come true.

However, in saying the above, and disregarding it for my next point; if I was not already a section moderator, it would be somewhat difficult to choose what sections would be best suited to my tastes. My most active sections other than those of my own, would include Other Voting Polls to an extent, in which I feel I wouldn't mind moderating at all. It is quite a nice and friendly section, it almost feels like a section more warm than that of Other Chat, though both sections are favourable, though OVP more so. I suppose it would be the section I enjoy posting in most when I'm not in my usual spots. I used to visit CQ&F quite a lot, and I felt that I knew the section pretty well due to my experience on PC and getting to know the place quite well - in retrospect I may have gotten to know it in a short time, how as ever, I grew attached quickly also -, so I feel that it would not be a bad section in which to moderate. Though, the thing about CQ&F is, nobody knows everything about PC and therefore, not even the section moderator can always be sure, so it's a good section to leave at the domain of the higher staff and those who like to report within it. Pushing away from sections I mostly post in, I suppose I visit Game Development a lot, but this is due to having my own game and having a lot of friends from the section who I like to check in on. Though the section is quite nice also, and it's one that doesn't bare the same hustle and bustle as that of ROM Hacking, so it would be more easy going to moderate. However, I feel that it does need a lot of care. Finally, I suppose I might be considered active in Webmasters Discussions and maybe even Computers & Technology, even if my posts are seldom in the latter, I do visit it on an almost daily basis.

I tend to jump around quite an extent, as shown in my last post, I'm never confined to one or two sections, though sometimes I feel this relates to my own personality; I have far too many interests. I used to be far more active in Other Trivia, though I eventually moved on and my posts grew into things that felt they should be more on topic, as opposed to mindlessly chatting in TCTI and threads such as that. Though, I have had 2 stickies there in the past, and a number of threads, so I'll always have my foot in the door there, some day I might become active. On that note, I believe that the Poetry section and Other Writing were my most active sections along side OT when I joined. I started Poem of the Week there, which is still going now, but hosted by someone else. Must have been over a year ago now. But I also liked to post my own work and offer critique as best I could when I had an interest in helping out there more so, but I feel that a lot of the poets I liked who posted within the section have moved on, and so did I. Even though I do go there on occasion, it's a pity to have seen it fall into the depths again after I had been so prevalent there in my earlier days. All in all, there's a lot of sections I like here on PC, you could probably throw me in anywhere so long as there's rules and I wouldn't mind doing my job. But of course, I'm always happy with the sections I have, I wasn't modded there by chance - as if anyone ever is -, and so they're probably the sections best suited to me, or on par with a few sections that I don't at most.

Last edited:
Years
Yes! I'd love to be a mod! If I were a mod, it would be of the new COOL&CREATE section in Japanese Entertainment where I would then proceed to rage about the inactivity and get permabanned for it. /INJOKES

On a serious note, no. Managing a thread on an imageboard and being a very active contributor to a wikia, both of which have a single admin who doesn't do anything, has taught me that idiots are everywhere and a pain to deal with. My superiority complex is big enough and a mod position would only serve to make it bigger.

Years
Ah, this question again. If I were to be asked to moderate somewhere in the community, chances are I won't decline unless something drastic in real life happened recently that would mean no time can be wasted online. I'm on at least a few minutes per day recently and I can't see time being a huge conflict in the (near) future. Section-wise, I wouldn't mind taking responsibility for the sections I'm most active in and pretty much got the rules down: Other Trivia, Japanese Entertainment, Other Voting Polls, Pokemon Trivia, or maybe NU/W.

Back