• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
ive been wanting to make a game for a while but i never had the time so could somebody tell me

How do i make a ROM or whatever

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
ive been wanting to make a game for a while but i never had the time so could somebody tell me

How do i make a ROM or whatever

I dont think you can. Well you can its just hard. You think its hard to just edit a game but making it out of nothing it hard.

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
ok then

anybody else who could like PM or something to show me what to do?

if u could thx

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
idk
probably Emerald

i just have no idea what to do

if u could, PM and tell me what to do

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I could help you with that, I'm kinda new to hacking too(check my sig). I did this in Gold once:
All I did was search for the Gym trainer name"Falkner" in a hex editor and changed it to "Bradrz". I guess you can use A-text(not recommended) or use a hex editor.

But if you need help with something else(NOT SCRIPTING) PM me and I'll most likely give an answer. :)

Yeh advanced Text is hard as to do it when your editing that.
I've tried downloading a couple of Hex Editor's but when i go use them only MS DOS comes up and then it disapears.

My rom is turning out real nice so far, i was kinda suprised i could make it seein i knew absolutly nothing about rom hacking..

Hmm I guess I can keep trying..

Thanks a bunch..

According to Zel the ScriptED that comes with EliteMap is easier to use. It looks easier but I mean for some reason I cant press the compile button like zel said you should

Yeh it is, I edited it to "PLAYER received WHITEBADGE from KNIGHT" but then I didn't have a clue how to compile it..

Anyone no how to compile ScriptEd??????

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
idk
probably Emerald

okay... Emerald is kinda difficult to hack...

One mistake, and you have to start all over again...

I suggest you first try hacking Ruby...

Then, read tutorials about hacking PKMN...

=)

the-ben

A bit of a nerd
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
When i try and edit the connections in advance map on fire red, an error pops up when i try to save them saying " I/O error 131 "
does anyone know what the problem is?

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
When i try and edit the connections in advance map on fire red, an error pops up when i try to save them saying " I/O error 131 "
does anyone know what the problem is?

Did yuo try to delete a connection? Try going to the connection (1,2.3.4) And don't let it say left right down or up but nothing.
And fil in 0 0 in mao bank and level.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
idk
probably Emerald

I suggest fire red. It is a very stable ROM. Emerald is not. So if you want you game to most likly crash do emerald. When I started mapping and hacking fun stuff like that I only did fire red (mainly because someone made me a IPS Patch that makes it so I can put a shiny rayquaza event in it XD thank you -HackMew-!!!) anyway now I know everything about mapping. I suggest learning mapping first (the easier parts) then try to learn to warp and stuff (I learned that first XD) then go on to other stuff like sprite editing and all that fun stuff. And scripting . >_<. I hate scripting XD

Derlo

Tired....
Years
1 - somebody can show me as doing the scrpts to receive the MAP and RUNNING SHOES in FR/LG!
2 - who has the list of all of SPECIALS for FR/LG?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi all! It's me again...

Can someone tell me where to download Mid2AGB, 'cause I wanna try it out and replace musics for my bro's hack (True Light) and for my hack.., ;)

Also.., Can anyone show me the movement scripts for Ruby hacking..? Example.., 0x06 - turn left... (just anexample...)...

Thanks in advance... =3

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Can anyone give me the script for giving the pokedex in fire red?

put this in a script:

Code:
setflag 0x829

It will enable the Pokédex menu.

How do I add the National Dex to my rom using ScriptEd??

Please help, coz my Pokemon won't evolve, it sucks bad!!

Thanks​

Use the search function, next time... there's a neat tutorial here.

2 - who has the list of all of SPECIALS for FR/LG?

Only the GameFreak guys! XD
Well, jokin' aside nobody has one. But you can find some usefule examples here. Next time, search better ;)

Hi all! It's me again...

Can someone tell me where to download Mid2AGB, 'cause I wanna try it out and replace musics for my bro's hack (True Light) and for my hack.., ;)

Also.., Can anyone show me the movement scripts for Ruby hacking..? Example.., 0x06 - turn left... (just anexample...)...

Thanks in advance... =3

Distribution of MID2AGB it not legal and therefore you cannot ask it. Use Google for all your illegal needs.

Regarding the movements, try using this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back