• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Legends of the Arena

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but my game runs awfully slow. The walking, the text, the screen transitions... everything is slow, regardless of the options I change. Outside areas run significantly slower than inside areas, too.

I haven't had this problem with games like Pokemon Reborn, or Pokemon Sage, so it's not my computer.

That being said, I just discovered this project today, and I do really love what I have seen so far. It seems really professional, and I love the music and the whole atmosphere around the game and what it stands for.

So I am definitely stoked to see more... but the game is pretty much unplayable for me as it is now. The version I downloaded is the very version you uploaded to the MEGA mirror, so I don't know if it's only a problem with that version.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and let me know if anyone else experienced slow gameplay and if this is something you'd be willing/able to fix.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 15, 2014
This looks very good! I'm suprised only one person posted here yet! This looks very promising, good story line! I like how its unique and different from the other pokemon games.

Yeah Your right! Im surpised too. This is a good game and the reason might be excitement, they got so excited they didn't even bother to comment! Yes, I saw the footage and I'm to excited. The so called "demo" takes so long to download so that means there must be so many fan-made and real pokemon!!!!!!!!! {:3}

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Also here's the latest glimpse of Chapter 6:

6dWMf34.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
When I tried to download it, something interrupted it somehow and all I get is the game and the audio. Is this a recurring problem?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I never got to ask this before but are there move tutors in this game? Some pokemon can't function properly without certain moves, and often a pokemon can find are placement for hidden power by using such a move. For example a Jolteon's ideal set uses HP Ice, but Signal Beam is a good filler.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
This game has a boring title, contains no features that GameFreak hasn't done, and the map designs are not good. A plus is, it does have a custom tileset, as well as a bunch of wonky events. Other than that, this game is nothing more than par score. Maybe the next game you make will be better.

AlbGallagher

Had an argue with his waifu.
Years
This game has a boring title, contains no features that GameFreak hasn't done, and the map designs are not good. A plus is, it does have a custom tileset, as well as a bunch of wonky events. Other than that, this game is nothing more than par score. Maybe the next game you make will be better.

In any case, I think the title isn't boring at all. It's his title btw, but I really haven't found the reason of why it is boring.
Even if there's not any new features, he has made pretty original maps. In my opinion of course.

Wacky, I've played this thing since you first released it and I'm very glad for your job. I'm not an expert on those fangames and stuff, but I can see when something is good or bad. You should keep on working this hard and in a high level, as always.

By the way, I have a Magneton and I'm very interested on evolve it if I can. Is there any way to do it or what?

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
In any case, I think the title isn't boring at all. It's his title btw, but I really haven't found the reason of why it is boring.
Even if there's not any new features, he has made pretty original maps. In my opinion of course.

Wacky, I've played this thing since you first released it and I'm very glad for your job. I'm not an expert on those fangames and stuff, but I can see when something is good or bad. You should keep on working this hard and in a high level, as always.

By the way, I have a Magneton and I'm very interested on evolve it if I can. Is there any way to do it or what?

It's alright, I wouldn't worry about it. Not everyone will be a fan of my work, although I'm still not sure what he meant by "wonky events". And you can evolve your Magneton by using the Electrizer on it :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I hate having to ask the same thing twice but the flood of other questions got your attention quicker. Are there any move tutors in this game? I want to check since some pokemon need a move they normally can't learn via TM, breeding, or levelling up and some egg moves are already tutor moves anyway, I wanted to check on that since I got a good Jolteon but if it's hidden power is less than favorable I need to know if I can teach it Signal Beam instead.

AlbGallagher

Had an argue with his waifu.
Years
It's alright, I wouldn't worry about it. Not everyone will be a fan of my work, although I'm still not sure what he meant by "wonky events". And you can evolve your Magneton by using the Electrizer on it :)

Well, me neither because of my bad english but I've looked it up and I think that those events make work the story pretty good. However, if they were "wonky" as he said, they won't be a plus, right?

Okay. So next step is find an Electrizer.

Edit: Actually my Tyrogue's egg hatched all of a sudden and then I saw that it has a Modest nature. a_a

Last edited:

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
I hate having to ask the same thing twice but the flood of other questions got your attention quicker. Are there any move tutors in this game? I want to check since some pokemon need a move they normally can't learn via TM, breeding, or levelling up and some egg moves are already tutor moves anyway, I wanted to check on that since I got a good Jolteon but if it's hidden power is less than favorable I need to know if I can teach it Signal Beam instead.

Sorry I didn't answer your question; yes, right now there's one move tutor in the game. He's in a house on Route 09 along with a Move Deleter, although he only teaches the elemental punches - not Signal Beam. There'll be another few move tutors in the game, but the next one won't be until Chapter 8 (I think). Looks like you'll have to delay your dream team for a little bit longer :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Sorry I didn't answer your question; yes, right now there's one move tutor in the game. He's in a house on Route 09 along with a Move Deleter, although he only teaches the elemental punches - not Signal Beam. There'll be another few move tutors in the game, but the next one won't be until Chapter 8 (I think). Looks like you'll have to delay your dream team for a little bit longer :)

Its ok, that works fine for me since I don't obviously expect all the best moves to be there right away. The punches being the first tutors is great though.

Back