• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Terrible Name

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019

645Landorus.png

Team Terrible Name
No this is not the actual team name because the team doesn't even have one.

This is my second RMT with my first ever Generation V team. This team is a sandstorm team built around Landorus. Though I tended to avoid using a weather team, I wanted to try Landorus as it is one of my favorite Pokémon in Black/White and being OU. I like this team but I really want to improve it before building a UU team, hence why I am posting this.

Building the Team
As I already have stated, this team is built around Landorus. So I am obviously leading with a Tyranitar to start sandstorm and provide Stealth Rock for the team.
Spr_5b_645.png
Spr_5b_248_s.png

With sandstorm, I actually fear of Excadrill. So Conkeldurr was a decision.
Spr_5b_645.png
Spr_5b_248_s.png
Spr_5b_534.png

I wanted a Pokémon that can provide Spikes support to break walls easier for Landorus and take on Water and Ice types that Landorus has trouble with. Who else but Ferrothorn can fit this role?
Spr_5b_645.png
Spr_5b_248_s.png
Spr_5b_534.png
Spr_5b_598_s.png

Skarmory and Bronzong are huge problems to this team, both being immune to Ground type moves (If Bronzong has Levitate) and both resist all my moves but fighting moves. So I included Magnezone to the team.
Spr_5b_645.png
Spr_5b_248_s.png
Spr_5b_534.png
Spr_5b_598_s.png
Spr_5b_462.png

Hmm, fighting type weakness… Though, I do have Landorus who resist it, I decided to add Reuniclus since I can trust it more.
Spr_5b_645.png
Spr_5b_248_s.png
Spr_5b_534.png
Spr_5b_598_s.png
Spr_5b_462.png
Spr_5b_579_s.png

After Karpman suggested I could use Latias, I decided to take a look at her analysis. I thought she'd do a better job than Reuniclus with her support set so I included her.

Spr_5b_645.png
Spr_5b_248_s.png
Spr_5b_534.png
Spr_5b_598_s.png
Spr_5b_462.png
Spr_5b_380_s.png

Team at a Glance
Ani248MS.png
Ani645MS.png
Ani534MS.png
Ani598MS.png
Ani462MS.png
Ani380MS.png

In-Depth
248.gif

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Atk
Nature: Careful
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
My lead. TTar is a great and reliable Pokémon to set up SR and start Sandstorm. It's a specially defensive Tyranitar so it can deal with little special attackers with ease. Mainly Psychic and Ghost types who'll have to talk to Pursuit if they think of switching out. Superpower is there to deal with the likes of other Tyranitar.

645.gif

Landorus @ Life Orb
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-HP Ice
The star of this team. Landorus is a monster with Sand Force + Life Orb under Sandstorm and all I need to sweep is Rock Polish. HP Ice is mainly there to deal with Garchomp, Landorus and other Pokémon who are very weak to Ice. Landorus is also immune to spikes, which is very helpful.

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Bag_Choice_Band_Sprite.png

Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Mach Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge
-Payback
Conkeldurr's attack is monstrous with Choice Band and Guts activated. He's basically in the team to laugh at Excadrill. Though he also proved to be a good revenge killer with Mach Punch.

598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 Sp.Def
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 0 Spe
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
Landorus and Conkeldurr LOVE Spikes support. Which is why Ferrothorn is here, and to take on Water and Ice types that Landorus fears. This guy is a wonderful help to this team, and he can hit hard with Gyro Ball and Power Whip. I rely on Leech Seed to make this guy survive longer, since I seriously need him for Landorus.

462.gif

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Bag_Air_Balloon_Sprite.png

Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP/252 Sp.Atk/216 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Charge Beam
-HP Fire
Bronzong and Skarmory can be a HUGE problem to the team...not if Magnezone has something to say to them. I trap them, I sub, I raise the Sp.Atk with Charge Beam and KO them with T-Bolt and get ready for the next Pokémon. Simple. He's also a great help against Ferrothorn and Scizor with HP Fire.

380.gif

Latias @ Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252
Nature: Timid
-Dragon Pulse
-Wish
-Roar
-Protect/Reflect
OK, Latias has something Reuinclus doesn't, Wish. That's a great move for this team, especially for Landorus. And it's typing and bulk is good enough to replace Reuinclus. Roar is an obvious choice. (Spikes and Stealth Rock mhm.) I can't really decide between Protect and Reflect so help with that would be appreciated.

That's all. I like this team so far and I really want to improve it as much as I can before moving on to UU. Suggestions are very appreciated.

Last edited:

Cockman!

o_o What a majestic creature!
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2011
the team really looks good! I would say that nattorei is a little cliche though, other than that WOW! well rounded and everything!

Back