• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Will a pokemon left at the daycare still forget moves if it is Lv. 100?

It only forgets moves if it learns a new move to replace it. It only learns moves from leveling in the Daycare. At level 100, it doesn't level. So no, it won't forget anything. :3

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
why is it that when I progress though the areas that you unlock after beating Ghetsis, the same higher level Pokemon don't give you as much experience?
for example a level 47 Kangaskhan is only giving me 700 exp verses the 3800 exp when I fought a level 47 Kangaskhan the first time

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
why is it that when I progress though the areas that you unlock after beating Ghetsis, the same higher level Pokemon don't give you as much experience?
for example a level 47 Kangaskhan is only giving me 700 exp verses the 3800 exp when I fought a level 47 Kangaskhan the first time

The experience you get changes based on what level your Pokemon is at. It's a new system called diminishing returns that was introduced in this game.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years

The experience you get changes based on what level your Pokemon is at. It's a new system called diminishing returns that was introduced in this game.

why do they need that? it's kinda stupid if you ask me... and by the way are you sure that's what it's called? nothing relevant comes up on Google when searching "diminishing Returns"

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
why do they need that? it's kinda stupid if you ask me... and by the way are you sure that's what it's called? nothing relevant comes up on Google when searching "diminishing Returns"

That's because the term means more than something in Pokemon, kind of like if you Google "breeding" the first results won't be about Pokemon. The Pokemon system wasn't specifically named that, but that's the idea behind it, the idea of diminishing returns - a weaker Pokemon gets more exp for defeating the same Pokemon because they put more effort into it. If one Pokemon is fighting the same opponent over and over and over, the returns (exp) from each battle diminish. Therefore, diminishing returns.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Careful nature

3/21/2011
Sinnoh
Apparently attived at Lv.80
Likes to fight.
Dex No 461
Name Weavile
Type dark ice
OT rayco
ID no 02774
Exp points 529015
To next Lv. 18259
(male caught in master ball)
Hp 234 attack 240
defense 150
sp atk 80
sp def 192
speed 225
abilty pressure the pokemon raises the foes PP usage
Ariel ace
Revenge
shadow claw
night slash

You'll probably get much better results if you ask in the check my Pokemon thread which is specifically for checking if Pokemon are hacked or not. If you receive an answer here, however, just remember to post there next time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2012
its not working?

I've been trying to get DW to work, registered to pokemon.com and everything but its still not working. can any help me?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've been trying to get DW to work, registered to pokemon.com and everything but its still not working. can any help me?

How exactly is it not working? Are you connected to a router with WEP or WPA access (depending on your DS)? On a side note, the website is running, so it can't be that.

Run us through the steps you used either way and tell us where exactly the issue is and we'll be able to help you better. :) Make sure you've used game sync otherwise you won't be able to do anything. On the other hand, it could be as simple as email verification (though iirc I don't think they do that). Moving to Quick Questions for now anyway while we wait for your explanation.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2012

How exactly is it not working? Are you connected to a router with WEP or WPA access (depending on your DS)? On a side note, the website is running, so it can't be that.

Run us through the steps you used either way and tell us where exactly the issue is and we'll be able to help you better. :) Make sure you've used game sync otherwise you won't be able to do anything. On the other hand, it could be as simple as email verification (though iirc I don't think they do that). Moving to Quick Questions for now anyway while we wait for your explanation.

Thank you,

I put a pokemon to sleep then i wake him up 24 hours later.... i'm able to connect to the internet and everything, all settings work. so when i wake up my pokemon nothing happens?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thank you,

I put a pokemon to sleep then i wake him up 24 hours later.... i'm able to connect to the internet and everything, all settings work. so when i wake up my pokemon nothing happens?

Oh I think I see the issue. When you put the Pokemon to sleep you go to the global link website and click Dream World over to the far right (make sure you've logged in on the left first) then within the Dream World Fennel basically explains everything to you. Once you're done, just sign out of the Dream World at the top right of the screen and then repeat the normal process to wake your Pokemon up. But yeah, nothing was occurring because you weren't using the site. XD Have fun using the Dream World now though!

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2012
yes, thats the problem, i'll be logged into pokemon/com, BUT when i try to log into the global link, it says invalid user or what ever, i even made a new user, and all that stuff but its still not working

sorry about changing user names

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
yes, thats the problem, i'll be logged into pokemon/com, BUT when i try to log into the global link, it says invalid user or what ever, i even made a new user, and all that stuff but its still not working

sorry about changing user names

Invalid user? I just created an account to test - do you get to the screen where it says you need to confirm via email? And if so, do you get to the Register With Global Link screen? (and have you entered your game sync ID?)

Actually it might be easier to see the issue if you take a screenshot of the point you're at (you can do this by pressing PrtSc for most computers if you didn't know).

And it's fine @ changing usernames.

Zet

Years

Because pokemon is now an korean mmo, nintendo wants to make you grind(excessive battling to go up a level) until your fingers bleed.

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
Just a quick question. How much of B/W would one miss by only watching the anime? I don't own a DS but still wanna learn as much as I can about the new generation.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Dream World problem.

I have trouble getting onto Dream World.
I log in, but when I click on Dream World, it acts like i havent logged in.
It says you need a Pokemon trainer club account which I have logged in on,
Please Help!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have trouble getting onto Dream World.
I log in, but when I click on Dream World, it acts like i havent logged in.
It says you need a Pokemon trainer club account which I have logged in on,
Please Help!

Have you logged in on the left side of the Pokemon global link page? Since it doesn't have a remember me box and isn't connected to the main page you need to literally login to that every time, so really you need to login to two pages within the same site. :(

If that's not the issue and you have logged in on the left side, take a screenshot of the Dream World page and we'll see if we can help more from there.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Just a quick question. How much of B/W would one miss by only watching the anime? I don't own a DS but still wanna learn as much as I can about the new generation.
I think you'd learn quite a bit about the new Pokémon, towns and cities just from the anime. The only things you would probably miss are the little details found within the game such as meeting up with your best friends/rivals to battle and stopping the whole Team Plasma and Ghetsis plot (knowing the anime will probably give it a twist, so if you wanted the whole experience of the plot from the in-game, you won't have the best of luck there). You're most likely to find out more about N in the game than they will show how he is in the anime too.

But you have "Who's that Pokémon?" which they brought back in for the anime so you'll be able to catch up on the names of the Pokémon and whatnot. I'm pretty sure the anime will be showing some characters from the game there, so perhaps you'll learn a little about them as well. They have yet to show triple battles and I doubt they will plan on showing rotational battles, so those are also some features you would want to experience in the games than from the anime. :( However I do recommend getting Black or White sometime in the future, and instead of buying a regular DS, I would suggest going with the 3DS since basically all new games are going to come out for that handhold device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back