• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Why are there no HMs in this game? Well I think there is Fly, but what happend to rock smash and cut?

What in the world are you talking about? :/

I think the games hardness is its true beauty and should not be changed at all. I don't mind it. Alsp hearing the idea of Lucky Egg and VS seeker is way too good. Keep it up ;)

Actually the VS SEEKER is in the 1st BETA... :/

I think he means that this could make Cut/Rock Smash not needed.

Oh, that I thought it was something else. And as I said I can easily do that... :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
There is no Rock smash or Strength needed in the hack, but in Beta 2 you will need Cut and Surf. You guys only played 40% of the hack, there is still so much coming next month. Yes, I'm still away. I'm using a friends phone.

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Sooooooo, I FINALLY finished Dark Rising Beta 1!!! I loved it so far! Not much to complain about(since you guys will be/are fixing them). But if this hasn't been mentioned before, can you change the level of the wild pokemon? While we can use the vs seeker if we need exp, raising pokemon from level 20 to 55 is hard.

But, Here is my team!!!
Dragonite lvl 64
Tyranitar lvl 61
Golurk lvl 62
Lapras lvl 62
Lucario lvl 63
and My disrespectful Volcarona lvl 63
:D Comments?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey!:shocked: I don't realize that VS Seeker was available in Beta 1.

It was actually given to you by your Rival in ATLANTIC CITY... :/

There is no Rock smash or Strength needed in the hack, but in Beta 2 you will need Cut and Surf. You guys only played 40% of the hack, there is still so much coming next month. Yes, I'm still away. I'm using a friends phone.

Haha, my bad... xD

No Rock Smash and Strength? Yay! :laugh:
Off Topic: Where did you go?:P

She's on a vacation and won't be on for a while.

Sooooooo, I FINALLY finished Dark Rising Beta 1!!! I loved it so far! Not much to complain about(since you guys will be/are fixing them). But if this hasn't been mentioned before, can you change the level of the wild pokemon? While we can use the vs seeker if we need exp, raising pokemon from level 20 to 55 is hard.

But, Here is my team!!!
Dragonite lvl 64
Tyranitar lvl 61
Golurk lvl 62
Lapras lvl 62
Lucario lvl 63

Cool, those Pokemon of yours are very hard to raise nice going! :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Can we switch Strength instead of Cut? Or at least give Cut the same power as Strength and preferably different typing =)

Years

But, Here is my team!!!
Dragonite lvl 64
Tyranitar lvl 61
Golurk lvl 62
Lapras lvl 62
Lucario lvl 63
Why Golurk. U do realise that Earthquake and Fly is the only useful move it has and since it's Shadow Punch is now a special move, u do realise that it is all but disadvantages?

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
hm... why trainers pokemons are lv 40-50,but on the same location wild pokemons are 10-15?(sry,bad english)

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Why Golurk. U do realise that Earthquake and Fly is the only useful move it has and since it's Shadow Punch is now a special move, u do realise that it is all but disadvantages?

It's typing makes it really effective. What I set out to do was cover almost the whole spread of types with my team. Dragonite has STAB Dragon/Flying, and useful with electric moves, Tyranitar STAB Rock/Dark, Golurk STAB Ghost/Ground and he looks really cool :D, Lapras Ice/Water STAB, Lucario for STAB Steel/Fighting, and Volcarona for STAB Fire/Bug plus it has a decent grass move :P . Then one of them (can't remember which) has a psychic move, and i only miss poison and normal :D

But, Golurk has been edited myself to have a better move set. Not OP, just more reasonable for his ability and typing. I did a few modifications with my game, so that's why I opted to keep him :P

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
It's typing makes it really effective. What I set out to do was cover almost the whole spread of types with my team. Dragonite has STAB Dragon/Flying, and useful with electric moves, Tyranitar STAB Rock/Dark, Golurk STAB Ghost/Ground and he looks really cool :D, Lapras Ice/Water STAB, Lucario for STAB Steel/Fighting, and Volcarona for STAB Fire/Bug plus it has a decent grass move :P . Then one of them (can't remember which) has a psychic move, and i only miss poison and normal :D

But, Golurk has been edited myself to have a better move set. Not OP, just more reasonable for his ability and typing. I did a few modifications with my game, so that's why I opted to keep him :P

Erm, prior to the Physical/Special split the Ghost type(Shadow Punch) was physical, which means that it will take advantage from Golurk's high ATK. But I sort of disagree with you. Sometimes STAB is useless if the differance between the mon's ATK and sATK is too large. (Say 115 and 65)

Years
I was observing the wild poke list today for Beta 2 and after reading it thoroughly really wished that at least Gallade was included in the game. What a great Poke !!! I know you said that there are no more Dex entries left. oh well whatever

Back